Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord (5875 Views)

My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires / How Do I Evict A Mentally Unstable Tenant From My Shop? / Two Nigerians In Dublin Fight Their Landlord Who Wanted To Evict Them (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord by gabbytabby: 11:27am On Dec 20, 2016
Thanks. I have taken myself and family out of harms way while I deal.

Similar advice given and being pursued.

lastpage:

Dont lose faith, it is just the "beginning of a process", a process which you and your Lawyer must hasten, to get it out of the hands pf the Police!
Once the matter is in a Law Court, the Police influence ends and they cant interfere.

Collect as much evidence (Pictures, Video, et.c.) and institute a legal case at the court, for damage to property.
You dont need to wait for the Police, to go to Court.

This has gotten out of hand! Next thing they would 'grow confidence' to do is attack your person. angry angry
take your personal security, seriously.

Lastpage!
Re: When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord by gabbytabby: 5:10am On Dec 31, 2016
I see all the points you make here and make a point and several points I will.

They do think that i am isolated and someone they can take advantage of. They are so wrong but I live here and my actions has to be measured.

Lets just say there is fire in the mountain.

lastpage:

I have just listened to this Recording while searching for something else and l humbly DISAGREE with your position on the matter.

I dont know if you listened to the tape before your comments but a situation where a Tenant threatens that the she would frustrate the Landlord to leave her house, threatens diabolical charms on the Landlord and intentionally but unnecessarily decide to inconvenience other occupants, is not acceptable.

While l agree that the video does not paint a complete picture of what transpired in the past (and l always give benefit of doubt to the other party, when their own version of events is not available) but the little l heard on that tape is so annoying l feel like dragging that tenant out of that house, right now................ but that would be unlawful.

I think pasting their pictures on Social Media is a reflection of the level of frustration this landlord has gone and is going through, though privacy laws might not support this.
The Police do not generally play any vital role in a Landlord/tenant dispute and like @Diordaves has said, the Courts and legal process is her best option.
The "Nigerian" Police see themselves as exploiter and beneficiaries from Chaos!
Being that the House owner is a woman, (and probably a Single Mother), the tenants might be taking advantage of this.
I could hear the Tenant harping on "You dont have anybody to call"! And that tells me they feel she is isolated and thus can be taken advantage-of, which l think is very wrong.

Just like some Landlords are terrible, some tenants are just from Hell. They want to live Rent-free, dirty the compound, mess-up things, throw wild parties, inconvenience other tenants and act like they own the house! shocked shocked
I have met quite a few in the last 20-25yrs and have come to know that Landlords and Tenants are never designed to be Friends ... just "Hi-Hi" is how far it can go.
What you want is what they dont want to give; what they want to give is what you dont want!

Landlords need to generally, "prepare for this sort of days", before it happens.
Have clearly mapped-out strategy, usually consisting of various 'options' (depending on the severity of the case at hand) to deal with any recalcitrant tenant.
Dont allow it to get to the level where the Tenant feels he/she has an advantage or can threaten you in your own house.
I generally dont show any pity or civility when it gets to this level, l will use all necessary means (but ensure that l cant be faulted openly), legal, illegal, to deal with the situation.

If you dont have the leverage, you should be prepare to "buy it/pay for it" and as such, dont mind what it would cost you.
It could come in form of legal fees or payment for alternative means, as long as you "make a point" and let the other Tenants get the vibe that you cant be messed with.
They are watching and monitoring developments closely and forming their own opinion, for future use, as well.
When l was young, my Mum use to say she is always ready to spend #1,000, to remove the insulting stain of a #5.

I think @Diordaves have given the best advice on the matter.
Ignore them while pursuing them legally. Get a sound Lawyer and pursue them in court.
They will cry last the day Bailiffs come to "fonfey" their property because Tenants that talk the way that woman does, is the type that would disobey or not respond to a court summons.

Lastpage!
Re: When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord by back2sender: 7:31am On Dec 31, 2016
gabbytabby:
I see all the points you make here and make a point and several points I will.

They do think that i am isolated and someone they can take advantage of. They are so wrong but I live here and my actions has to be measured.

Lets just say there is fire in the mountain.

Madam Gabbytabby dont you have CDA in your area and hope you are a member because at times like this they can be useful in terms of security and pressure group e.g rallying Point.
Na wao so I pass your place every day on my way and back from work.
Re: When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord by gabbytabby: 4:53am On Jan 11, 2017
I came home 8th January to meet further destruction and lodged another petition the same day. I am told by the police that they can only dust for fingerprints up to 3 days after the event and I have to provide witnesses.

My brother who works for the Metropolitan Police disagrees so I am exploring sending the torn nets to the UK for fingerprinting.

Lets just say I am totally disgusted with the way policing is done in Nigeria. One gets the impression of being in Cityhall instead of a police station.

Tenant is ganging up with another in the shop who is operating an illegal pharmacy and says she is a nurse. She tried to sell expired drugs to me.

Re: When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord by gabbytabby: 1:08pm On Jan 12, 2017
More photos

Re: When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord by blank(f): 2:11pm On Jan 12, 2017
This is ridiculous. Why would someone be so destructive. I am so pained at the wanton loss. Wish something rugged could be done.
Re: When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord by gabbytabby: 11:43am On Jan 22, 2017
They now owe 6 months rent and counting.

Apparently they have been telling people they have found a new place and similar to how they moved in here have been sneaking around with their stuff in their car very early in the morning.

Remember Dr Boonyamin (Biliaminu) Ayotunde Oyeneyin is the medical doctor who said his former address is a hostel at Safeway hospital and the hospital staff said they do not have hostel. At the time he had been working with them for over 4-5 years and this was not his first job. When they start to tell lies about their current landlord then you need to listen. Apparently the employer lied for him.
Re: When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord by gabbytabby: 6:16pm On Jan 25, 2017
Incorrigible, pathetic liars and totally irresponsible.
Re: When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord by gabbytabby: 12:35pm On Feb 02, 2017
This is the voice of someone that I am old enough to birth. These days they do not have any home training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPJII3DkgFM
Re: When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord by gabbytabby: 12:41pm On Feb 02, 2017
Have now moved out but hope to run away with a N344,500 debt.

6 months rent N325,000 and
13 months service charge N19,500
Re: When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord by gabbytabby: 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2017
Tenant Activity - Mrs Hadizat Bello Oyeneyin peeked into my bedroom while I was unclad. Apparently she is mad.

Landlord Home Arrest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNN9pe-LYmE

They do not have money to pay rent and service charge but have money to pay to rent a danfo and mobilise 4 policemen with 3 carrying guns to come and arrest me.
Re: When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord by gabbytabby: 10:26pm On Feb 02, 2017
Arrival at the Police Station or should I say town hall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxheLPl0zgY
Re: When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord by gabbytabby: 10:40pm On Feb 02, 2017
Police Interview or Intimidation.

Totally unprofessional conduct.

On a tenancy matter listen to him. Dr Oyeneyin needs to know and I quote him "are you married" the type of question one gets from a sexist and bigoted person hoping to take advantage of a woman he or she perceives to be isolated. I understand he thinks this is part of his medical training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Nlhg7yk08
Re: When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord by gabbytabby: 12:21pm On Feb 13, 2017
BUYER BEWARE

I hear from the internet grapevine that Dr Oyeneyin is now selling land. Jack of all trades master of none

Re: When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord by gabbytabby: 12:31pm On Feb 13, 2017
Another

Re: When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord by gabbytabby: 1:27pm On Feb 15, 2017
Dr Oyeneyin no for the 2 estate sales is 08036214357.

Pay no commission even the land is free as he wants rent free housing for everyone since he ran away without paying his outstanding rent and service charge of 344k
Re: When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord by GallantGalaxy: 6:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
Doing a fellow landlord a favour pay your 6 months outstanding rent.

Re: When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord by gabbytabby: 12:05am On Sep 27, 2018
On Monday 24th September 2018 my daughter was abducted while waiting for me to pick her up from her school bus.

The question is are they capable of abduction. I say absolutely but God will always take care of his own. As they were taking her away God put me right in the opposite direction and my daughter screamed my name.
Re: When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord by Kaybthaniels(m): 4:27pm On Oct 04, 2018
Wow that must have been scary, hope the so called abductors were caught & arrested?, Thank God you were there at the right time.

gabbytabby:
On Monday 24th September 2018 my daughter was abducted while waiting for me to pick her up from her school bus.

The question is are they capable of abduction. I say absolutely but God will always take care of his own. As they were taking her away God put me right in the opposite direction and my daughter screamed my name.
Re: When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord by gabbytabby: 8:03pm On Oct 04, 2018
The Okada man maintain s that it was an honest mistake. I have shown light on him so he is under close watch.
Kaybthaniels:
Wow that must have been scary, hope the so called abductors were caught & arrested?, Thank God you were there at the right time.

Re: When Tenant Wants To Kill And Evict Landlord by Nobody: 2:21am On Dec 02, 2018
gabbytabby:
The Okada man maintain s that it was an honest mistake. I have shown light on him so he is under close watch.
You need to be careful.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Urgent Sale Of 645acres At Owode Town / List Of Developed Serviced Estates In Yaba / 1760sqm Cornerpiece Land @ Ajah, 1450sqm @ Osapa Lekki, Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.