Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,547 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

To Gain An Indepth Knowledge Of Nigeria, What Books Should I Read?? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / To Gain An Indepth Knowledge Of Nigeria, What Books Should I Read?? (538 Views)

How To Gain More Whatsapp Contacts / Product Knowledge Of Gona Nigeria / How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Gain An Indepth Knowledge Of Nigeria, What Books Should I Read?? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 05, 2016
I used to think I knew my country -- poor me -- but not anymore. I have come to the realization that I am not as informed about my country as much as I thought.

I want to have an in-depth knowledge of Nigeria's people, her history, events that have shaped us into who we are as a country in this present age. I want to be able to know important dates, important people, our system of governance, marriage, lifestlyle, art and everything in-between.

What books about Nigeria shaped your perception of this country the most? Which authors should I look out for? Do you have any practical tips that you can give me on this subject? Please feel free to contribute. Every suggestion is most welcome. Thank you!
Re: To Gain An Indepth Knowledge Of Nigeria, What Books Should I Read?? by pxjosh(m): 6:57am On Nov 06, 2016
WriteBoy:
I used to think I knew my country -- poor me -- but not anymore. I have come to the realization that I am not as informed about my country as much as I thought.

I want to have an in-depth knowledge of Nigeria's people, her history, events that have shaped us into who we are as a country in this present age. I want to be able to know important dates, important people, our system of governance, marriage, lifestlyle, art and everything in-between.

What books about Nigeria shaped your perception of this country the most? Which authors should I look out for? Do you have any practical tips that you can give me on this subject? Please feel free to contribute. Every suggestion is most welcome. Thank you!

One book I read that shaped my perception is There was a country by Chinua Achebe. I'm still looking for other books about Nigerian history to read though.
Re: To Gain An Indepth Knowledge Of Nigeria, What Books Should I Read?? by DeanSim: 8:05am On Feb 09, 2017
There was a country is very good as an history book for Nigeria but not indepth to cover every regions of the country. It focus more on South-east.

I love the way writing and stories flow together.

For a first reader, Imagine the book from the author's life and it seems highly original.

(1) (Reply)

RACISM: US Mayor Resigns After Calling Michelle Obama ‘ape In Heels’ / . / What Is The Origin Of Signature?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.