Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Change Your Mentality And Change Your Life - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Change Your Mentality And Change Your Life (449 Views)

Which Book Changed Your Life? / Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! / The Patient Dog Eats The Fattest Bone: Worst Mentality To Avoid! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Change Your Mentality And Change Your Life by emdeep: 7:14pm On Nov 05, 2016
According to Wikipedia, thought can refer to ideas or arrangement of ideas that result from thinking. This simply means that the human mind/brain is a production room which produces ideas using thought as raw material. As with no raw material, no products so is no thinking, no ideas.

Your mentality as a person is determined by the thoughts that dominate your mind. Your mentality is your habitual or characteristic mental attitude that determines how you will interpret or respond to situations. Your mentality is habitual because you follow a particular pattern repeatedly for a while and become accustomed to it. Your mentality is attitudinal because it displays your disposition, feeling or position to a situation.

As with perspective, your mental disposition is never right or wrong but can be positive or negative. What comes to you is dependent on what you invite. What you see is dependent on where you stand. If you stand at one spot all the time then you will see the same thing all the time. Your attitude in life determines your altitude. It is a known fact that people with bad attitude, negative mentality, who don’t grime for thinking never change their life and don’t achieve much. All of the people who have made a mark in this life have had positive mentality. None of them had even the slightest amount of negativity in or around them. This goes to show that what you get out of life is a direct consequence of the mentality you have. Let us look at 2 real life scenarios.

1. I was discussing opportunities in Edmonton, Canada with a friend. He told me in plain terms that I cannot earn $200,000/annum in Edmonton. His reason or rather excuse is because the oil price has crashed and so the economy is bad. I agreed with him that the economy was bad and affirmed to him that one day soon I will make that amount of money and even more. He laughed at me.

2. This lady who isn’t rich dresses very well daily because she knows how to shop. She has been applying to help people shop but is always told such jobs don’t exist. I told her she doesn’t n apply for any job but can create a service people can use and pay her for her skills. She agreed to explore this. We sat down and talked. I gave her valuable tips free of charge.

The guy in 1 above has a negative mentality which has caused him to stand at a place. He can’t see any different because he has refused to change his mentality by changing ginger his stand point. He is locked in a mental block which ensures he can’t think of anything outside of crude oil. Because of this he is blind to opportunities that can be exploited to earn $200,000/annum. For instance, there are people in Edmonton who don’t work with oil companies but are earning that amount. Because of his negative mentality he can’t be one of them. Right?

The lady in 2 above had a situation but after speaking with me changed her mentality by changing her stand point from someone looking for a job to someone who can create a job for herself. The details of the advice she received is a business secret which I cannot reveal here. In one year of conscientiously following the tips she was given, which she agreed to do, she will change her life for good.

I was told that if I got the flu shot I would get sick. I did get the flu shot but I but I haven’t fan sick and I won’t. I told the person who told me this, two actually, that I won’t fall sick. The next day I started feeling sick but I continued to speak to myself reaffirming I won’t get sick. What I was feeling slowly went away. This is how much a positive mental attitude can do for you.

Being an activity as described at the beginning, you must create time for producing ideas by thinking. To generate ideas through thinking is the only difference between man and animals which is the reason man is called a higher animal. If you refuse to heed this simple advice you are deciding to remove the ‘higher’ which describes you as an animal. Hahahaha. Just kidding. One word for the wide, many words for the foolish.

(1) (Reply)

Slave / Flash Fiction_my Mother's Gods / Bloody Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.