Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee (80405 Views)

"Tithing Works" Daddy Freeze Diss Pastor Oyedepo And Wife With Throwback Photos / Moesha Boduong Replies Critics Of Her Interview With Cnn’s Amanpour / Banky W Responds To Critics Of His Big Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by chuose2: 8:42pm On Nov 05, 2016
Dem don talk am before.

Oyedepo, Adeboye & Oyakhilome are all thieves, con men.

No be Adeboye say, make you do donation in dollars?

Xeedorf:
Why I'm Even More Convinced Pastor Adeboye Is A Charlatan By Dr. Ijabla Raymond
"Sow In Dollars If You Want Returns In Dollars, And Use The Biggest Denomination" ~ Pastor E.A Adeboye in "Open Heavens" Volume 12; 20 November 2012. (ISBN: 978-36079-4-4)

1). If you want returns in Dollars, sow in Dollars. Do not sow in Naira and be expecting a harvest in Euro. It does not work like that.
2). It is the particular denomination that you use that God will multiply and return to you.
3). Do yourself a favor by using the biggest denominations so as to get the greatest harvest.

For the reader's convenience, I have captured the entire exhortation in three screenshots.

The screenshots are for the people who refuse to believe Adeboye could ever say anything like that. They are for those who still believe the man speaks for, and on behalf, of God. They are for those who struggle to accept that the entire Redeemed Church enterprise is all about money. They are for those who live in denial of the fact they have been lied to and scammed by the people they have trusted and respected all their lives. 

A friend of mine wrote: "The only way to sell a lie is to hide it between two truths." As these screenshots show, Adeboye's exploitative message is cunningly sandwiched between mostly benign exhortations and does not appear until the month of November, right towards the end of his book.

What exactly does an all-sufficient God need money for? Oh yeah, He needs it to fuel Adeboye's private jet. Adeboye and his fellow pastorpreneurs can resurrect dead people and cure every disease known to man, but they cannot cause money to appear from thin air to pay for their extravagant lifestyle - they need your money for that. 

How can anyone justify buying a private jet with the donations of people who cannot send their children to school, afford hospital bills or even eat three square meals a day? The pope does not own a private jet even though he heads the largest church in the world. Neither does the British Prime Minister, the head of one of the most powerful countries in the world. It is difficult to see that our jet-flying pastors have more important jobs than these individuals. As I said in a previous article, their message lacks the power to transform our society. Corruption and poverty remain endemic in our society although there is a church or a mosque on practically every Nigerian street. What then is so urgent and special about their message that requires a private jet to spread around the world? 

If this were truly about spreading the gospel of Jesus then where better to fly to than Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan, Yemen and Somalia? Perhaps, the witches and demons in the airspace over these countries will not grant our Holy Ghost-filled pastorpreneurs permission to land their jets. It seems the ones in the U.S., U.K. and the rich countries of Europe are so impressed by our pastorpreneurs they have signed a memorandum of understanding which grants open access to the airspace over these countries. 

The fear of witches, demons, evil spirits, generational curses, and the threat of eternal punishment in hell fire is a potent tool in the hands of charlatans to maintain their control over gullible people. It is in their interest to garnish and perpetuate these myths because the continued success of their trade is reliant on the pervasiveness of these myths in society. 

Indeed, it is easier to deceive than to convince gullible people that they are being deceived. Harriet Tubman said: "I freed a thousand slaves. I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves." In my view, only those who have been mentally enslaved by Adeboye and his fellow pastorpreneurs will defend the screenshot sermons, and they cannot be freed until they have come to this realization.

Ijabla is a medical doctor and a humanist. He writes from the U.K. and can be reached at ijabijay@me.com. You can follow him on Twitter: @ijabijay.

Interested in Advertising? Sponsored Ad
DR. IJABLA RAYMOND
OPINION

CONNECT WITH US
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
WATCH US ON YOUTUBE
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FEEDS
SAHARA REPORTERS
https://secure.saharareporters.com/2016/10/23/why-im-even-more-convinced-pastor-adeboye-charlatan-dr-ijabla-raymond

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4397713_image3_png5fb6b9fb09f1795dc718ea6dcb234c98

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4397714_image1_png8d1e713769d527db2e65870145893168

Dem all na thieves and Nigerians wey dey follow them an na goats angry

5 Likes

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by bigybanty02(m): 8:42pm On Nov 05, 2016
BEENUEL:
[size=15pt]Who can guess why this get to FP in just TWO Minutes of Creation[/size] grin

It has something to do wit Christianity and pastor nah d reason be that !
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by nijascammers: 8:43pm On Nov 05, 2016
Benz4pimp:
In fela's voice,Yahoo Boyz in Suit!!!
RIP Fela, I have been listening to his music in my car using pandora of recent and you see that his music are prophetic in nature, all the music he sang in 70's are coming to past. Yahoo boyz in suit indeed.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 05, 2016
The school will be built with members money tithe offering special money for so so projext but when the school is finish members children wont be able to attend.Their member children in the school are not up to 30% but its only God that can judge

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by conquerour(m): 8:44pm On Nov 05, 2016
lielbree:

But he used tithe and offering to build it angry
When last did you pay your tithe and how much is your offering?

2 Likes

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by safarigirl(f): 8:45pm On Nov 05, 2016
Adaowerri111:
the school is classy, not for everyone....if you can't afford it, just look around for cheaper schools
wealth does not equate class, ask the Kardashians...it's for rich people, not classy people. Learn the difference

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by superstarDikk(m): 8:45pm On Nov 05, 2016
Adaowerri111:
the school is classy, not for everyone....if you can't afford it, just look around for cheaper schools
We know. but don't come here and tell us God approved it. which god sef? so those who don't have money should not be brought up in the knowledge of God?
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by CplusJason: 8:46pm On Nov 05, 2016
Blessograo:
Mist pastors in winners chapel are business people. A friend told me his ordeal when he used to attend winners saying that, the pastor told people to buy the book he had just launched but my friend couldn't buy it. So the next Sunday the pastor asked for the book and he and other members were sent out and insulted for not buying the book, while some lent money to buy.
And you believed that?
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by SalomonKane: 8:46pm On Nov 05, 2016
safarigirl:
wealth does not equate class, ask the Kardashians...it's for rich people, not classy people. Learn the difference
Are you saying the Kardashians are not classy?
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by horHANS(m): 8:46pm On Nov 05, 2016
aaronson:
I thought I was the only one who took offense to thrash Oyedepo was spewing and using god's name to threaten the people who criticizes his school tuition fee. That should be dead give away sign for smart people that god is not real, if he was real, he wouldn't even approve of no school as no school ever recorded in the bible. Oyedepo God of capitalism.

May Oyedepo's wife next period comes out of his mouth.

I seriously pity dz writer!...
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Ihavespoken: 8:46pm On Nov 05, 2016
The reason why Nigeria and most African countries are backwards is due to their misinterpretation of Religion.

This applies to Christianity and Islam, if we can truly see the division our stupidity brings.

We have lots of misplaced priorities, every little thing we expect God to do for us. Why did God give you brains then? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by harmbhrosz(m): 8:47pm On Nov 05, 2016
PayBoyXclusives:
Most pastors are treasure hunters and coming for their members like
Floki my man!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy I like the Guy die
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Omolola1(f): 8:47pm On Nov 05, 2016
Honestly, our God is a very patient God

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by SalomonKane: 8:48pm On Nov 05, 2016
Omolola1:
Honestly, our God is a very patient God
Yea, you'd wonder why he's so fucking_ patient when some people really need to be struck down by lightening.

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 05, 2016
This is it. No more church for me.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Ribajae(m): 8:49pm On Nov 05, 2016
'Follow d sherperd not the butcher', lol....
for her mind na na punchline
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by samincredible44(m): 8:50pm On Nov 05, 2016
Sibrah:
J
spacebookers
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Ribajae(m): 8:50pm On Nov 05, 2016
for her mind na na punchline sad
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by safarigirl(f): 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2016
SalomonKane:
Are you saying the Kardashians are not classy?
go and ask the English royal family....people who make money by selling sex can never be considered classy. Just a bunch of wannabes nobody who's somebody takes seriously

2 Likes

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by IamEntropy(m): 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2016
pacino26:
Can anyone tell me what's going on

Baba in heaven approving Sch fees, starting when? Then there must be some sort of heavenly NUC to accredit courses too.

When a dog's teeth is whiter than my own

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Vaxt(m): 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2016
Sibrah:
can u prove this?
may God open ur eyes
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 05, 2016
[quote author=Adaowerri111 post=50795129]the school is classy, not for everyone....if you can't afford it, just look around for cheaper schools[/quote
Abeg!, winners member you surely are. Why can't you for once imagine what jesus would do if he was in oyedepo's shoes.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Vaxt(m): 8:54pm On Nov 05, 2016
conquerour:

When last did you pay your tithe and how much is your offering?
u smoke weed a lot wat consine d question u ask with wat e wrote, blind worshippers

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by crown08(m): 8:54pm On Nov 05, 2016
Sibrah:
can u prove this?
DEM DONE JAZZ U.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by SalomonKane: 8:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
safarigirl:
go and ask the English royal family....people who make money by selling sex can never be considered classy. Just a bunch of wannabes nobody who's somebody takes seriously
Never forget the 'future' king of England was lusting after sex once upon a time, to the point it crashed his marriage.

The English royal family have their own skeleton in their cupboard.

Sex and class don't mix (so they say). If the English royal family has class, God knows Charles Windsor doesn't!!!!.

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by bezimo(m): 8:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
kennygee:
I'm a Christian and the church has lost it these days. We are in the end time. Is it bad if scholarships are given to poor church member's children into these schools?

If you are admitting 2000 students, and you give 800 students from the church scholarships, no on would complain that the rest are paying 500k.

But when members cannot afford the school fees, I wonder who is fooling who.

When you are ignorant be guided on how you submit your views.Do you know how many students benefit from scholarship from Bishop Oyedepo foundation to Landmark and Covenant Universities respectively.

The last time I heard the scholarship runs into hundreds of millions of Naira, Yet you are here talking carelessly.

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by macphilip: 8:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
If Covenant or other Church universities are run on free tuition and scholarships,
How would they pay Lecturers and staff?
How would they even afford the best staff to work for them if they do make enough revenue.
If you cannot go to covenant, try Osu, Lasu, Ekpoma or Ado na

2 Likes

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Vaxt(m): 8:56pm On Nov 05, 2016
Ribajae:
for her mind na na punchline sad
na fact b that lot of bloodsuckers on suit
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by pimplucious: 8:57pm On Nov 05, 2016
mazimee:
He could have easily look for other excuse like maintenance like the guy in the comment rightly said.
Why is he trying very hard to join the school fees with God. As if God is the one taking the school fees.
They just keep manipulating ignorant and gullible Nigerians knowing how religiously stupid we are as a people.
Some will even beat up their mother if you tell them that God said so.

Are u serious? U wouldn't suggest that if really u know how gullible Nigerians are when it come to "God says". He sure knows how to finger the brains of a lot of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by flexyceo(m): 8:58pm On Nov 05, 2016
Hmmm pls u guys shuld mind d way u talk abot d servant of God.d last time I checked it's not only covenant university dat pays dat much.huh
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by bezimo(m): 8:58pm On Nov 05, 2016
Blessograo:
Mist pastors in winners chapel are business people. A friend told me his ordeal when he used to attend winners saying that, the pastor told people to buy the book he had just launched but my friend couldn't buy it. So the next Sunday the pastor asked for the book and he and other members were sent out and insulted for not buying the book, while some lent money to buy.

Fat liar, continue your lies.
I am a Winner.In our church no one forces anyone to buy books.If you like buy, if you like don't buy.No one insults you.

2 Likes

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Adaowerri111: 8:58pm On Nov 05, 2016
[quote author=ademola721gmai post=50796200][/quote]

there are a lot of secondary schools that are more expensive, the standard of the school is worth the fees, he never said the university was going to be a charity organization

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Davido's Late Mum, Ademola Adeleke At Dele Momodu's Son's 1st Birthday(Throwback / Valentine: Omotola Jalade-ekeinde And Husband, Matthew Ekeinde Out On A Date / They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.