Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm (1497 Views)

Enugu Rangers Qualify For 2019 CAF Confederation Cup Group Stage / Enyimba Vs CARA Brazzaville: CAF Confederation Cup - 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Confederation Cup: Dana Air Flies Akwa United As Team Heads To Tunisia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by Omooba77: 9:09am On Nov 06, 2016
Venue Teslim Balogun,Lagos
Time 4pm

FC Ifeanyi Ubah and Nasarawa United would be aiming for their first title as both teams clash in the final of the 2016 Federation Cup today, reports Idris Adesina

When Nasarawa United defeated 2015 Federation Cup champions Akwa United in the quarterfinals, it was evident new winners would emerge in Nigeria’s oldest football competition.

The Lafia-based club are now seeking to complete their fairytale run when they take on fellow Nigeria Professional Football League side, FC IfeanyiUbah — who were involved in two controversial games earlier on — in the final at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos, on Sunday.

Both teams are appearing in the final for the first time, the second time it’s happening in three years. And they are hoping to pick the final continental slot available, as the winners would represent Nigeria in next season’s CAF Confederation Cup alongside Wikki Tourists, who finished third in the league last season.

Also, in the women’s version of the competition, new champions would emerge as 2014 champions Rivers Angels play 2015 finalists Bayelsa Queens, who lost the title to Sunshine Queens last year. The two teams, who campaign in the Nigeria Women Football League, will take to the pitch before the men’s final on Sunday.

With IfeanyiUbah seeking to become the first club from Anambra State to win the Federation Cup and Nasarawa seeking to mark the 20th anniversary of the state’s creation with a trophy, it is all to play for in the final.

Nasarawa and IfeanyiUbah have met just four times since their creation. The meetings were in the Premier League, with Nasarawa winning twice while IfeanyiUbah triumphed once.

In their first two meetings in July 2015, IfeanyiUbah held Nasarawa 1-1 in Lafia but their second meeting in November 2015 ended in a 2-0 victory for the Solid Miners in Nnewi. IfeanyiUbah then had their pound of flesh back when they beat their opponents 1-0 in March in Nnewi but Nasarawa won the reverse fixture 4-2 in Lafia in June.

2 Likes

Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by WesBreezy: 9:30am On Nov 06, 2016
Ifeanyi uba for the title
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by saintkel(m): 9:32am On Nov 06, 2016
Men! I was born in Lafia but my parents r from Anambra! So u see how confused I am as to support?
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by Omooba77: 9:40am On Nov 06, 2016
The galore is no longer there I remember days of Rangers, Shooting,Racah Rovers,Abiola Babes,Leventis and New Nigeria Bank,ACB and so on. Sketch,Tribune,Concord,Herald ,Daily Times etc will make it the headline story,but not now....Part of what made us where we are now
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 06, 2016
I'm an Edo boy but a strong supporter of fc ifeanyi ubah.. plss which station is more likely to show the match,?
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by WesBreezy: 10:19am On Nov 06, 2016
Ehitunez:
I'm an Edo boy but a strong supporter of fc ifeanyi ubah.. plss which station is more likely to show the match,?
ss7 or ss9
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by DrinkWater10: 10:48am On Nov 06, 2016
WesBreezy:
ss7 or ss9
NTA is a big disaster. Even AIT is more likely to show it than that shitty NTA.
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by uduokirika1(m): 11:16am On Nov 06, 2016
Lalasticlala ngwa
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by khattab02: 12:00pm On Nov 06, 2016
saintkel:
Men! I was born in Lafia but my parents r from Anambra! So u see how confused I am as to support?
hehe....lol....

I think I will sit on the fence with you!
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by khattab02: 12:03pm On Nov 06, 2016
Ehitunez:
I won't be surprise if any of them doesn't air it.
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by khattab02: 12:06pm On Nov 06, 2016
WesBreezy:
ss7 or ss9
Really?? I will keep a close tab on that.
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by khattab02: 12:08pm On Nov 06, 2016
DrinkWater10:

NTA is a big disaster. Even AIT is more likely to show it than that shitty NTA.
I don't know what is wrong with NTA? They are so backward!
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by LorDBolton(m): 3:36pm On Nov 06, 2016
Ehitunez:

Super sport select is showing it live right now.

Nassarawa united so far the better team

Cc: seun, lalasticlala mynd44 semid4lyfe honeric01

If arsenal v spurs could make FP let this also make FP. #buyNaijaToGrowTheNaira
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by LorDBolton(m): 3:39pm On Nov 06, 2016
khattab02:
I don't know what is wrong with NTA? They are so backward!

Oga years ago when other local stations refused to air the league it was NTA that was showing the league.

It's this new broadcast deal that has made it impossible (I think Supersport got the sole broadcasts right...I might be wrong)
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by lypawpaw(m): 3:48pm On Nov 06, 2016
carry on bro is gonna b tough but I gave to u guys .especially my child good friend Alaekwe Chijioke Joseph a.k.a Nado.score there bro .d Lord is ur strength
smileycarry on bro is gonna b tough but I gave to u guys .especially my child good friend Alaekwe Chijioke Joseph a.k.a Nado.score there bro .d Lord is ur strength
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by freshcvvs: 3:56pm On Nov 06, 2016
LorDBolton:

Super sport select is showing it live right now.
Nassarawa united so far the better team
Cc: seun, lalasticlala mynd44 semid4lyfe honeric01
If arsenal v spurs could make FP let this also make FP. #buyNaijaToGrowTheNaira

Live ke?

Have they started?
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by LorDBolton(m): 4:00pm On Nov 06, 2016
freshcvvs:

Live ke?

Have they started?

Yh nassarawa utd actually playing tactically. Interesting match
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by freshcvvs: 4:06pm On Nov 06, 2016
LorDBolton:

Yh nassarawa utd actually playing tactically. Interesting match

I thought it was going to be 4pm
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by LorDBolton(m): 4:12pm On Nov 06, 2016
freshcvvs:

I thought it was going to be 4pm

Wasn't even aware just stumbled onto it turned on the gen hoping to watch ac Milan but since na chievo - juve em show I preferred to watch our own local league.

It's half time: 0-0
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by khattab02: 4:21pm On Nov 06, 2016
LorDBolton:

Oga years ago when other local stations refused to air the league it was NTA that was showing the league.

It's this new broadcast deal that has made it impossible (I think Supersport got the sole broadcasts right...I might be wrong)
true talk! They need to move on from that. They need to up their game especially now that they have star times.
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by khattab02: 4:23pm On Nov 06, 2016
Nepa why na?? Now that I have time to watch the match fa??

Nairaland please keep me posted
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by Omooba77: 4:27pm On Nov 06, 2016
Even our local people no dey show am
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by Omooba77: 4:39pm On Nov 06, 2016
Nassarawa 0-0 IFU
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by freshcvvs: 4:39pm On Nov 06, 2016
LorDBolton:

Wasn't even aware just stumbled onto it turned on the gen hoping to watch ac Milan but since na chievo - juve em show I preferred to watch our own local league.

It's half time: 0-0

Would have been there but didn't want to go alone
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by Omooba77: 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2016
khattab02:
Nepa why na?? Now that I have time to watch the match fa??

Nairaland please keep me posted

Dem dey busy with European yank master

1 Like

Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by khattab02: 5:11pm On Nov 06, 2016
Omooba77:

Dem dey busy with European yank master
hahaha...lol
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by LorDBolton(m): 5:16pm On Nov 06, 2016
freshcvvs:

Would have been there but didn't want to go alone

Woulda attended if it was enyimba playing...

Nassarawa almost scored a match winner sef with the last kick of the game.

Ifeanyi ubah have been totally outplayed today.

Lots of igbos and Northerners in the stadium repping both teams pretty babes on flick (igbo girls fine sha lols)

I can't see obiano but nassarawa gov is there.

That kick off time affected many people the stadium is almost full now compared to when game kicked off

Deji Tinubu(tinubu pikin) dey sleep! Lmaooo

Penalty about to start
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by LorDBolton(m): 5:32pm On Nov 06, 2016
Congratulations to fc ifeanyi ubah .

They were the poorer team today but penalties is for the brave... they fully deserve it.

So it's a back-to-back victory for the south easterners with Enugu rangers winning the NPFL & FC ifeanyi ubah winning the FED cup.

Northerners just quiet dey mourn lols
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by freshcvvs: 5:35pm On Nov 06, 2016
LorDBolton:

Woulda attended if it was enyimba playing...

Nassarawa almost scored a match winner sef with the last kick of the game.

Ifeanyi ubah have been totally outplayed today.

Lots of igbos and Northerners in the stadium repping both teams pretty babes on flick (igbo girls fine sha lols)

I can't see obiano but nassarawa gov is there.

That kick off time affected many people the stadium is almost full now compared to when game kicked off

Deji Tinubu(tinubu pikin) dey sleep! Lmaooo

Penalty about to start

You no even post pictures.
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by khattab02: 5:41pm On Nov 06, 2016
LorDBolton:
Congratulations to fc ifeanyi ubah .

They were the poorer team today but penalties is for the brave... they fully deserve it.

So it's a back-to-back victory for the south easterners with Enugu rangers winning the NPFL & FC ifeanyi ubah winning the FED cup.

Northerners just quiet dey mourn lols
congratulations to them!!!

The Northerners will be back next season!
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by Omooba77: 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2016
Congrats Ifeanyi Uba your money no enter voice. Congrats our oriental boys
Re: Confederation Cup Final Ifeanyi Ubah vs Nasarawa 4pm by LorDBolton(m): 5:56pm On Nov 06, 2016
freshcvvs:

You no even post pictures.

Lols bros no vex I no fit come dey snap tv screen na.

I'm sure a thread will soon be created by those @ the stadium laced with quality clear pics.

(1) (Reply)

Lady Obsessed With Jose Mourinho, Over 20 Tattoos Of Him (pix) / Today Vip Games / School Before Purchasing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.