Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails (36617 Views)

Please Help. How Can I Hide My Number When Sending Text Message / The Difference Between Snapdragon And Mediatek. / Tecno Camon CX Air Won't Prompt Me On "Remember Choice"again When Sending SMS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by Koleman(m): 7:21am On Nov 07, 2016
haaaa finally. i don d wonder since.thanks.
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by nonyowen: 7:25am On Nov 07, 2016
Uzoraustin:
It is Blank carbon copy not Blind carbon copy.

Oga please just keep quiet and appreciate the d gud work done by d author. It is BLIND CARBON COPY ok cheers

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by Bekeey: 7:54am On Nov 07, 2016
Uzoraustin:
It is Blank carbon copy not Blind carbon copy.

No allow me to insult you legally Mr corrector. why cant you post it before now Mr claimer. For the correctee, dont mind the corrector. Job well done.
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by horlar2(m): 8:13am On Nov 07, 2016
I'm very grateful for this useful info. thanks.
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by Ekeremgba(m): 8:29am On Nov 07, 2016
VocalWalls:
What’s the Difference Between CC and BCC When Sending an Email?

1. CC and BCC fields when sending email work similarly. CC stands for “carbon copy,” while BCC stands for “blind carbon copy.

2. CC vs BCC :

When you CC people on an email, the CC list is visible to all other recipients. For example, if you CC shola@example.com and emeka@example.com on an email, shola will know that emeka also received the email, while emeka will know that shola also received the email.

BCC stands for “blind carbon copy.” Unlike with CC, no one can see the list of recipients on the BCC list. For example, if you have seun@example.com and james@example.com in the BCC list, Seun won’t know that James received the email, and James won’t know that Seun received the email.

NB 1:
Someone on the BCC list can see everything else, including the CC list and the contents of the email. However, the BCC list is secret – no one can see this list. (If a person is on the BCC list, they’ll see only their own email on the BCC list.

NB 2:
BCC doesn’t function like CC when it comes to email threads. For example, if you send an email to bola@example.com and BCC james@example.com, James will receive the original email you sent. However, if Bola replies, James won’t get a copy of Bola’s reply – Bola’s email program can’t see that James ever received the email, so it doesn’t send him a copy of the reply.

3. When to Use CC and BCC (CONCLUSION)

CC is useful when:

You want someone else to receive a copy of an email, but they aren’t one of the primary recipients.

BCC is useful when:

You want someone else to receive an email, but you don’t want the primary recipients of the email to see you’ve sent this other person a copy. For example, if you’re having a problem with a fellow employee, you might send them an email about it and BCC the human resources department. HR would receive a copy for their records, but your fellow employee wouldn’t be aware of this.

You want to send a copy of an email to a large amount of people. For example, if you have a mailing list with a large amount of people, you could include them in the BCC field.

No one would be able to see anyone else’s email address – if you CC’d these people instead, you would be exposing their email addresses and they’d see a long list of CC’d emails in their email program.

You could even put your own email address in the To field and include every other address in the BCC field, hiding everyone’s email address from each other.

Credit: VocalWalls

Oh my god! i have already sent an email using cc to my 3 lovers of the same mother, with there mother inclusive. Pls, what will i do. Y not dis info. On satday last week?
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by rita25(f): 8:38am On Nov 07, 2016
hope you know bcc is part of the problem Hilary cliton is having with her emails?
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by franugo(m): 8:57am On Nov 07, 2016
Icemany:
I am sincerly amazed!!!!

That 99% of you spewing jargon daily here do not know what BCC or CC means.

But all join... grin

some of u guys just love being silly,..what concerns NL with bcc/cc dt makes it imperative 4 landers to know all about it?
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by Peterblack(m): 9:00am On Nov 07, 2016
Yuneehk:
I didn't know all these. Thanks for posting it smiley
me too

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by franugo(m): 9:01am On Nov 07, 2016
rita25:
hope you know bcc is part of the problem Hilary cliton is having with her emails?

i've been rereading ur post 4 like 1 minute now...still i fail to see how this 'news' u dropped is relevant to d thread

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by wacoj(m): 9:17am On Nov 07, 2016
Nice one!
Keep it bro. I know the poster is certainly not a fan of APC.

APC people don't like sharing useful information.
Afonjas!! cry
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by rita25(f): 9:29am On Nov 07, 2016
CONTINUE "REREADING" THE POST TILL U GET THE MESSAGE..............WHATEVER REREADING MEANS BY THE WAY? undecided
franugo:

i've been rereading ur post 4 like 1 minute now...still i fail to see how this 'news' u dropped is relevant to d thread
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by franugo(m): 9:37am On Nov 07, 2016
rita25:
CONTINUE "REREADING" THE POST TILL U GET THE MESSAGE..............WHATEVER REREADING MEANS BY THE WAY? undecided

kk, lemme dedicate 3 more seconds before passing judgment.
Nah, still makes little sensecheesy
I won't comment on d part where u said u don't understand what rereading means...
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by franugo(m): 9:39am On Nov 07, 2016
wacoj:
Nice one!
Keep it bro. I know the poster is certainly not a fan of APC.

APC people don't like sharing useful information.
Afonjas!! cry
t

don't u guys ever get tired of shouting 'afonja' like some prepubescent chïld
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by francotorti(m): 9:46am On Nov 07, 2016
very educative and innovative.
Thanks OP;
BCC Lalalistica grin
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by rita25(f): 9:50am On Nov 07, 2016
BE THERE AND BE WASTING YOUR DATA IN DIS HARD RECESSION TIMES. grin
franugo:

kk, lemme dedicate 3 more seconds before passing judgment.
Nah, still makes little sensecheesy
I won't comment on d part where u said u don't understand what rereading means...
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by franugo(m): 9:56am On Nov 07, 2016
rita25:
BE THERE AND BE WASTING YOUR DATA IN DIS HARD RECESSION TIMES. grin

lol, the mb go expire soon anyways, better i use it than let it waste away in darkness n solitudecheesy
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by franugo(m): 10:00am On Nov 07, 2016
francotorti:
very educative and innovative.
Thanks OP;
BCC Lalalistica grin

the number of combinations n permutations this lala moniker don get ehshocked
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by isaacasher(m): 10:09am On Nov 07, 2016
Jss2 computer science Topic electronic mail undecided
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by apatheticme(f): 10:19am On Nov 07, 2016
Nice work. Informative!
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by MrGerald(m): 10:21am On Nov 07, 2016
VocalWalls:
What’s the Difference Between CC and BCC When Sending an Email?

1. CC and BCC fields when sending email work similarly. CC stands for “carbon copy,” while BCC stands for “blind carbon copy.

2. CC vs BCC :

When you CC people on an email, the CC list is visible to all other recipients. For example, if you CC shola@example.com and emeka@example.com on an email, shola will know that emeka also received the email, while emeka will know that shola also received the email.

BCC stands for “blind carbon copy.” Unlike with CC, no one can see the list of recipients on the BCC list. For example, if you have seun@example.com and james@example.com in the BCC list, Seun won’t know that James received the email, and James won’t know that Seun received the email.

NB 1:
Someone on the BCC list can see everything else, including the CC list and the contents of the email. However, the BCC list is secret – no one can see this list. (If a person is on the BCC list, they’ll see only their own email on the BCC list.

NB 2:
BCC doesn’t function like CC when it comes to email threads. For example, if you send an email to bola@example.com and BCC james@example.com, James will receive the original email you sent. However, if Bola replies, James won’t get a copy of Bola’s reply – Bola’s email program can’t see that James ever received the email, so it doesn’t send him a copy of the reply.

3. When to Use CC and BCC (CONCLUSION)

CC is useful when:

You want someone else to receive a copy of an email, but they aren’t one of the primary recipients.

BCC is useful when:

You want someone else to receive an email, but you don’t want the primary recipients of the email to see you’ve sent this other person a copy. For example, if you’re having a problem with a fellow employee, you might send them an email about it and BCC the human resources department. HR would receive a copy for their records, but your fellow employee wouldn’t be aware of this.

You want to send a copy of an email to a large amount of people. For example, if you have a mailing list with a large amount of people, you could include them in the BCC field.

No one would be able to see anyone else’s email address – if you CC’d these people instead, you would be exposing their email addresses and they’d see a long list of CC’d emails in their email program.

You could even put your own email address in the To field and include every other address in the BCC field, hiding everyone’s email address from each other.

Credit: VocalWalls
Op you dey throw e-mail?
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by midehi2(f): 10:42am On Nov 07, 2016
VocalWalls:
I'm honored by your responses. Thanks.
one kiss from me to you
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by paix(m): 11:25am On Nov 07, 2016
Op, I have been thinking CC stands for COURTESY COPY since we're in the computer age and CARBON paper that goes with the typewriter is no longer in use. I stand to be corrected though.
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by nkkystel(f): 11:32am On Nov 07, 2016
Really...thanks!
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by VocalWalls: 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2016
midehi2:

one kiss from me to you

smiley
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by prince985(m): 3:47pm On Nov 07, 2016
apatheticme:
Nice work. Informative!
i rili want to lick ur cervix
and ur ass embarassed
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by apatheticme(f): 6:27pm On Nov 07, 2016

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by Emeritusseun(m): 6:58pm On Nov 07, 2016
[quote author=apatheticme post=50846428]

Chai, u can't lick the cervix, try and learn some anatomy or do some fvcking research before u show ur cluelessness, as for licking my ass, be my guest grin [/quote

lol....plz do not blame him...who knows maybe he has linguomegaly....so d tongue can pas thru d vagina to get to d cervix,....
Lol...@be my guess....
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by prince985(m): 7:05pm On Nov 07, 2016
apatheticme:

Chai, u can't lick the cervix, try and learn some anatomy or do some fvcking research before u show ur cluelessness, as for licking my ass, be my guest grin
tanx alot i would rili love dat
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by opeyemmmy(m): 7:09pm On Nov 07, 2016
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by VocalWalls: 7:13pm On Nov 07, 2016
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 01, 2019
Re: The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails by Olubidex: 1:29pm On Jan 03, 2019
Great post. Quite informative

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei / In terms Of Data Plan, Which Network Is Your Best In 2015? / Google Engineer Apologizes After Photos App Tags Two Black People As Gorillas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.