Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others (28115 Views)

TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over / Erisco Foods Shuts Down Nigeria’s Factory, Relocates To China / Exxonmobil, World’s Largest Oil Company, Quits Nigeria’s Downstream Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by EddyNumerouno(m): 6:22pm On Nov 06, 2016
We need this guy in nigeria
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by dikegp: 6:22pm On Nov 06, 2016
wait o,,,wetin dis man wan go do for north before,,,him no see so called south south or south east?, thank God he have gone back to his normal senses

2 Likes

Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by zanebaddo(m): 6:24pm On Nov 06, 2016
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 06, 2016
We needed CHANGE

Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by saintmark88(m): 6:31pm On Nov 06, 2016
Pls I will like someone to provide an answer: if he produces locally, why did he keep threatening the govt for forex or he will quit??, what did he need d forex for, since he produces locally and he can get his raw material locally also.

Why couldn't he source for his own forex, d way others r sourcing for forex, y nid the govt to give u scarce forex at the parallel market rate??

I would love intelligent ansas to these questions

2 Likes

Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 06, 2016
Someone should mention one good thing this government has done please.

Don't worry I'll wait
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by caprini1: 6:34pm On Nov 06, 2016
Sometimes I wonder if this Erisco man has issues with consistency or he just wants his name to be heard........this is how he launched one Erisco bonpet automatic fire fighting device in the late 90s,with so much razzmatazz and media awareness,all of a sudden he relocated to Angola.....Now,the tomato thing,even though he is very close to the sit of power,i don't understand,why he can't just keep his company running here and back it up from China,instead of outright closure.

I don't even think if he starts producing from China,that he can compete with the many imported cheaper brands already well known in the market.

His ric giko tomato paste popularity is because it is indigenous.Anyway,its my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by Klinee: 6:39pm On Nov 06, 2016
If he like let him go to ZIMBABWE wet concern us

1 Like

Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by centboy123456(m): 6:41pm On Nov 06, 2016
Jossyroyal1:
Soon Aso rock may be relocation due to inabikity to meet operating expenses.... I have never been this hungry in myblife.Mmmmm...

Men am telling you the ways I tell the hungry these days na only god know the tin hard no be small
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by mrsfavour(f): 6:43pm On Nov 06, 2016
slurryeye:
Africa top tomato paste maker indeed grin

Who even knows this brand in the market?.......Good riddance abeg
If u dont no them, other do, i cooked with their tomatoes today,their leaving will affect some Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by Newmanluckyman(m): 6:45pm On Nov 06, 2016
.. Business concerns keep leaving Nigeria in droves while Nigerian govt is busy blaming the past administration.
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by Cholison(m): 6:54pm On Nov 06, 2016
He will still end up exporting his finished products back to the largest market in Africa - Nigeria of course. What a mis match for our economy and its attendant job losses.
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by Fantastic2m(m): 6:54pm On Nov 06, 2016
This report already hit FP last week.. Why now?
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by Fantastic2m(m): 6:57pm On Nov 06, 2016
Foreign reserve

1 Like

Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by highpriest001(m): 6:58pm On Nov 06, 2016
This guy should focus more on improving the quality of his tomato paste Ric giko,there are other indigenous tomato paste in Nigeria,like Sonia,supertom etc,that re doing very well both in quality and competition with foreign ones, his product has d least quality in the mrkt..let him go and rest,his leaving won't even Mk any difference

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by Gkemz: 7:04pm On Nov 06, 2016
The cluelessness of one dullard is crippling the nation's economy
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:09pm On Nov 06, 2016
slurryeye:

The ones you know are foreign, he is the top indigenous one
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by alizma: 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2016
NO BE CHINA DEM DE GO AGAIN? TOMORROW PEOPLE GO SAY BUHARI NO DE SINCERE. ERISCO PROMISED US CHINA BUT NOW THEY WANT TO FULFILL KENYA. THERE IS GOD OO'
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by chimah3(m): 7:12pm On Nov 06, 2016
herzern:
All of them should even pack.......

They oppress Workers...

Weaves Tax.....

Why ignorant?
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by donbenie(m): 7:12pm On Nov 06, 2016
slurryeye:

Oya a,Clap for yourself..1..2..ready..go!!
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by shamecurls(m): 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2016
A plus for Dangote........
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by Austinjerry1234: 7:21pm On Nov 06, 2016
I jxt feel pity 4 d families depending on his establishment as a source of lvelihood that wll b affected by dis sudden dev.
..*May God intervene on their behalf*..

1 Like

Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 06, 2016
Acecube:
the government should do something about it...

not to hate but Ric-giko needs to improve their standards oh, never knew it was an indigenous paste. They are last in my preference for tomato paste. so sad.

me too.

the name get as e be.

the packaging is poor.

the content is not appealing to the eye.
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by eaglechild: 7:24pm On Nov 06, 2016
Klinee:
If
he like let him go to ZIMBABWE wet concern us

The company leaving Nigeria means loss of jobs.

You are probably not mentally capable of assimilating the multiplier effect of the loss of a single job, not to talk of tens or hundreds. So I wouldn't blame your silly comment.

1 Like

Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by Acecube(m): 7:26pm On Nov 06, 2016
Joavid:

me too.

the name get as e be.

the packaging is poor.

the content is not appealing to the eye.
Gino pepper onion or Sonia, any day any time... seriously they need to improve.
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by fourthworld: 7:32pm On Nov 06, 2016
nzeobi:
the essence of business is to make profit and when that is not is happening then CHANGE becomes inevitable.

Nigeria's losses others gain.

Leave the zoo fast before they bring your you down out of hatred. Afonja comes to mind. How do you expect to make progress in an animal kingdom governed by beasts, allergic to igbo progress yet hypocritically preaches the encouragement of made in Nigeria goods?

1 Like

Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by ocdeut(m): 7:32pm On Nov 06, 2016
imagine what is happening in our beloved country called Nigeria. If it were to be in the last administration, some persons would have carried placards. SUFFERING AND SMILING.

2 Likes

Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by bigtt76(f): 7:36pm On Nov 06, 2016
Abeg help me ask o! Nansense grin

slurryeye:

Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by ephi123(f): 7:36pm On Nov 06, 2016
All you folks saying good for him, wait until the effect hits you. This is not about Erisco, this is about the unfriendly business climate in the country and some of you are still managing to be petty about it.

Rice is still 20k for now, right?

2 Likes

Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by bigtt76(f): 7:38pm On Nov 06, 2016
I'm surprised he's not mentioning Ghana as one of his destinations grin he's not ready to go yet.
Re: Erisco Foods Quits Nigeria, Heads For Kenya, Three Others by intom: 7:42pm On Nov 06, 2016
PDP is responsible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Union Bank’s New CEO, Yetunde Oni / Visa Virtual Card | Fund In Naira | Pay Online Securely | / Lake Rice Sold At N12,000 Per Bag In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.