Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

See The World's Safest Lock - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / See The World's Safest Lock (669 Views)

Covid_19 Lock Down: Warri At War With Army, 25 People Dead (video) / List Of Top Safest Countries For Women / Safest State In Nigeria Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The World's Safest Lock by Thepasserby(m): 6:14pm On Nov 06, 2016
Introducing Skunk Lock:The thief repellent

If your Bike had been stolen before you will agree with me that it is as painful as loosing a tooth. Well after series of episodes with Bike thieves, Daniel Idzkowski decided to develop a concept of deterring thefts and in the process also help catch the thief. Daniel decided to use his victim’s vengeful delight and he came up with a nasty surprise for thieves- the Skunk Lock.

The lock comes with a gas chamber which had been filled with a potent formula that makes breathing difficult, compromise eye sight and induces vomiting. The formula is released the moment the thief tries to cut the lock and abscond with the bike. The gas immobilises the thief for quite sometimes. It’s almost impossible to pedal off on a bike when you’re suddenly choking and puking instead, and this scene would likely draw enough attention for the thief to abandon the attempt and wander off wondering what the hell just happened.

The Skunk Lock’s creators say any bike lock can be cut in less than a minute with the right tools on hand. With their clever design, even well-equipped bike thieves can still be deterred, and just when they think they’ve almost got your bike they’ll get a face full of skunky chemicals instead!

According to the manufacturers, the Skunk Lock is made from hi-tensile and hardened medium-carbon steel like a typical U- Lock, but its unique feature is the pressurised noxious chemicals hidden inside. Once the chemical chamber is compromised the formula escapes into the air, choking out the thief and making them sick to their stomach. Not only that, but the chemical spray will also ruin any clothing it touches, which actually costs the thief money.

A fascinating thing about the lock is that while the Skunk Lock effectively deter a thief at close range, the chemicals don’t expand enough that innocent bystanders would be impacted any more than noticing the smell. If the chemicals get sprayed on your bike the company provides instructions on how to remove the formula, but by design it should project towards the thief.

Introducing the lock, skunklock.com further stated that The lock does not rely on any electronic components, and it’s guaranteed to be safe for normal use without accidentally deploying its chemical weaponry. Each lock is provided with a unique code which customers can use to get extra keys if needed. Skunk

As for legality and environmental pollution, the Skunk Lock have been certified as OK in many countries. Because their noxious formula uses capsaisin compounds, the device is essentially treated like pepper spray. Initially, some states (or countries) may not be able to purchase this product, but the company has cooked up an alternative formula that does not contain capsaisin to circumvent stricter state regulations.

Unfortunatrly, skunk lock is not yet available in the market. Early bird buyers can currently pre- order a Skunk Lock for $109 USD. It will be ready for delivery by June 2017.

Culled from www.palmchatnow.com

1 Share

Re: See The World's Safest Lock by saydfact(m): 6:59pm On Nov 06, 2016
Trust those fraudulent pple to invent a way around it... Not bad tech thou....
Re: See The World's Safest Lock by NevetsIbot(m): 7:38pm On Nov 06, 2016
lemme hit it with a sledge hammer twice while standing sideways away from the chemical noozle.. I'll stealyur bike if i wanna.. Buh I'm not a thief
Re: See The World's Safest Lock by Nobody: 4:30am On Nov 07, 2016
grin...This is very innovative.

(1) (Reply)

How Teacher Allegedly Raped 3-year-old, Infected Her With STD In Karu / Let Us All Be Careful.. SCAM EVERYWHERE.. See Message I Got This Morning / I Really Need Ur Suggestions Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.