|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,404,372 members, 5,381,225 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 January 2020 at 01:28 PM
|UPDATE: 5 Facts TRUMP Will Be Declared Winner On Tue US Pres Election by Freegift75: 6:31pm On Nov 06, 2016|
Latest Presidential Polls 2016: Why Is Hillary
Clinton Losing Ground? 5 Ways Donald Trump Could
BY CRISTINA SILVA ON
11/05/16 AT 9:30 AM
Americans who insist they will move to Canada or some other liberal bastion of freedom if Republican
Donald Trump is declared the winner on Election Day should perhaps start hunting down their passports and getting their other documents in order.
While Democrat Hillary Clinton remains in the lead, a Trump victory is still a very real possibility. Here are
five ways Trump could win Tuesday.
1. He could get the most votes overall. In the final week before Election Day, national and battleground-state showed Trump closing in on Clinton. An ABC/Washington Post had Clinton ahead nationally by just 1 point, down from a 12-point lead the week before. The survey saw Clinton at 46 percent and Trump at 45 percent. He had been at 33 percent in October.
2. He could win important swing states that decide elections. Trump is also holding on in the important
battleground state of Florida. Clinton beats him there by just 1 point, according to polls. She had a 3 points
advantage in October when you include third-party candidates Jill Stein and Gary Johnson. In a head-to-
head matchup, Clinton and Trump both stand at 46 percent. In fact, one poll from the New York Times/
Siena found Trump ahead by 4 points in Florida, 46 percent to 42 percent. That same poll a month ago had Trump behind Clinton in Florida by 1 point. The NYT/Siena poll questioned 814 likely Florida voters in the final week of October.
3. Voters who aren't loyal to any particular party could ultimately decide to pick Trump. Voters appear
alarmed by the latest update from the FBI into Clinton's use of a private email server as secretary of state. Investigators said last week they were looking into newly discovered emails that may be tied to Clinton. Democrats have slammed the FBI for revealing such vague details of the case without more information about whether the emails do in fact have
anything to do with Clinton. Even in the Democratic stronghold state of California, a statewide poll released Tuesday by Southern California News
Group and KABC/7 found Clinton was down 5 points across the state as her support from independents
dropped from 25 percent to 9 percent. She is ahead of Trump in California by 21 points, down from 25
points in early October.
4. Republicans could show out in force for Trump. Republicans and independents across the nation
appear to be rallying around Trump in the final days of the election. In Michigan, where Clinton is ahead,
Trump's support grew by four points from two weeks ago to 38 percent. Clinton’s support remained at 42 percent. "Much of the movement is a result of increased enthusiasm among Republicans,"
5. Trump could show voters he can be serious and traditional. Trump has been criticized for not having a presidential temperament, but he appears to be trying to embracing a more presidential image in the final days of the campaign. He hasn't called a woman ugly during a public speech in days, for example, and his campaign is fighting to win over voters, with $25 million in TV ads in the final week of the campaign in
Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Wisconsin, Virginia, Nevada, New Hampshire and other states.
|Re: UPDATE: 5 Facts TRUMP Will Be Declared Winner On Tue US Pres Election by Freegift75: 6:33pm On Nov 06, 2016|
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38