Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,459 members, 7,843,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Reason Your Computer Is Slowing Down - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Reason Your Computer Is Slowing Down (900 Views)

My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus / 10 Reasons Your Computer Is Frustratingly Slow And What To Do About It / This Computer Is Bae just N100k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reason Your Computer Is Slowing Down by TrillionBrains(m): 1:55am On Nov 07, 2016
If your old laptop is starting to show its age, there can be any number of issues affecting its performance. Here are five likely culprits for why your laptop is running so frustratingly slow and five solutions to return it to its former glory.
1. Spinning hard drive
I speak from experience when I say moving from a traditional spinning hard drive to a solid-state drive (SSD) is the best thing you can do to revive an old laptop. Without needing locate data on a spinning platter, an SSD is inherently faster than a mechanical hard drive.
If your laptop has lost a step and uses a spinning hard drive, the first thing I would do is upgrade to an SSD. I replaced my MacBook Pro's hard drive a few years ago with a Samsung 850 EVO SSD and my MacBook Pro felt like a brand-new machine. It's a fairly easy procedure (see how to replace a MacBook Pro's hard drive), and SSDs have come down in price and up in capacity over the years. You can get a 256GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for less than $100, and Samsung now offers the 850 EVO SSD as big as 2TB. Your laptop could conceivably get both better performance and bigger capacity with the addition of an SSD.

2. Crowded hard drive
The more files and applications you collect, the more cluttered your hard drive becomes. The more cluttered your hard drive becomes, the harder it becomes for your laptop to locate the data you request. The harder it becomes for your laptop to locate the data you request, the slower your laptop runs. The slower your laptop runs, the more frustrated you get. The more frustrated you get, you more you turn to Google for answers. The more you turn to Google for answers, the more likely you land on this article to help you speed up your slow laptop. Hi, there!
If your laptop already has an SSD or you don't want to replace its spinning drive, you can still speed up your laptop by cleaning up its hard drive, removing files and applications you no longer need.
On a Windows laptop, open Control Panel and click Uninstall a program. You can simply select apps from the list and click Uninstall to remove them and all of their associated files.
[url]trillionclues..com[/url] shocked

Re: Reason Your Computer Is Slowing Down by seunlayi(m): 4:31am On Nov 07, 2016
Cool info

(1) (Reply)

How To Enable Google Chrome’s Hidden “material Design” / Cloud Storages. / Build Your Dream Website/blog In 3 Days!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.