Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup (1564 Views)

Social Media Users Mock Chelsea FC For Losing Their First Game Of The Season / Rudiger Sign For Chelsea Fc For A Fee Of 34m From Roma (massage To Fans & Video) / Ifeanyi Ubah FC Win Nigerian Federation Charity Cup After Defeating Rangers(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by ceometromedia: 12:50pm On Nov 07, 2016
More congratulatory messages are pouring in for the 2016 Federation Cup Champions, FC Ifeanyi Ubah.

The latest is coming from English Premier League side, West Ham who stated that they are proud of their African partners.

West Ham through their official twitter handle on Monday wrote:

Congratulations to our African partners @FCIfeanyiUbah and @Dr_IfeanyiUbah on winning the Nigerian Federation Cup for the first time! https:///EoIl7j6dr4
— West Ham United (@WestHamUtd) November 7, 2016

FC IfeanyiUbah on Sunday emerged the winners of the 2016 men’s Federation Cup competition after a 5-4 penalty shoot –out defeat of Nasarawa United at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos.

Both teams battled to a 0-0 draw in regulation time at the finale watched by Nasarawa State Governor Umar Tanko Al-Makura, Sports Minister Solomon Dalung, Chairman of the Lagos State Sports Commission, Deji Tinubu and the full compliment of the Executive Committee and Management of Nigeria Football Federation led by the president, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick.

In the shoot –out, Seun Sogbeso, whose goal from the penalty spot steered Nasarawa United to the final at the expense of Enyimba FC in Ibadan, saw his tame kick saved by Warriors’ goalkeeper Uche Okafor to hand the trophy to the boys from Nnewi.

With this, FCIU will represent Nigeria in the CAF Confederation Cup next season

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/11/west-ham-ifeanyi-ubah-fc-win-congratulate-news-fed-cup.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by Unsad(m): 12:52pm On Nov 07, 2016
grin
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by vani86: 1:01pm On Nov 07, 2016
Nice one.

But i swear, i hate the name of the club, it reeks of narcissism.

Why name a club after you, even abramovich no change chelsea to abramovich United. Hull owner tried to change it to hull tigers, they totally rejected it, even cardiff tried changing their jersey but it was rejected.

I am not hating abeg, it is my opinion and not binding on anyone reading this
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by Tolexander: 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2016
vani86:
Nice one.

Why name a club after you, even abramovich no change chelsea to abramovich United. Hull owner tried to change it to hull tigers, they totally rejected it, even cardiff tried changing their jersey but it was rejected.

Same way your opinion is not binding on anyone, so also the English way of naming their football clubs is not binding on Nigerian football clubs!

1 Like

Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by Justiceleague1: 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2016
Congratulations..
Its a sign of victory,victory and gud things to come for ipob.. GOD bless IFEANYI UBA,GOD BLESS IPOB,GOD BLESS NIGER DELTA

vani86:
Nice one.

enemy of progress,dont die over another man's success,if its too much for u to bear,theres a lagoon @Ozumba where u can get everlasting help. grin
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by vani86: 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2016
Justiceleague1:
Congratulations..
Its a sign of victory,victory and gud things to come for ipob.. GOD bless IFEANYI UBA,GOD BLESS IPOB,GOD BLESS NIGER DELTA

enemy of progress,dont die over another man's success,if its too much for u to bear,theres a lagoon @Ozumba where u can get everlasting help. grin

No vex, but your IQ is too low for me to go into an argument with you, how am i an enemy of progress? i congratulated the team after all they are in my hometown (yes i am from otolo nnewi) and even related to ifeanyi uba and i know him way more than you do. Ever since he bought over gabros and renamed it to his name, i think it was crazy.

So please swerve to one side, and don't bother with mentioning me again. I kneel down beg you
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by vani86: 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2016
Tolexander:
Same way your opinion is not binding on anyone, so also the English way of naming their football clubs is not binding on Nigerian football clubs!

Fair enough, like i said it is my opinion. MY best friend likes smallish girls while his brother like fat as in FAT girls, i on the other hand like my girls THICK, think about Msdamn if you know her.

Eveyone have their opinion and have a right to stand by it
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by Tolexander: 1:27pm On Nov 07, 2016
vani86:

Fair enough, like i said it is my opinion. MY best friend likes smallish girls while his brother like fat as in FAT girls, i on the other hand like my girls THICK, think about Msdamn if you know her.

Eveyone have their opinion and have a right to stand by it
The same way a man chooses to name his football club anyhow he likes it and not a basis for comparison.

1 Like

Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by vani86: 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2016
Tolexander:
The same way a man chooses to name his football club anyhow he likes it and not a basis for comparison.
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by vani86: 1:32pm On Nov 07, 2016
Tolexander:

Which reeks of narcissism.

Check the meaning of the word.

Who else names things after him that is very popular right now?

DONALD TRUMP

Enough said
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by Justiceleague1: 2:43pm On Nov 07, 2016
vani86:

No vex, but your IQ is too low for me to go into an argument with you, how am i an enemy of progress? i congratulated the team after all they are in my hometown (yes i am from otolo nnewi) and even related to ifeanyi uba and i know him way more than you do. Ever since he bought over gabros and renamed it to his name, i think it was crazy.

So please swerve to one side, and don't bother with mentioning me again. I kneel down beg you

so you are from OTOLO nnewi,no wonder! grin grin

OTOLO reasoning lolsssssss grin grin grin grin
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by Justiceleague1: 2:49pm On Nov 07, 2016
vani86:

DONALD TRUMP
Enough said
real mental..nnewi 'otolo'.. grin
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by vani86: 2:54pm On Nov 07, 2016
Justiceleague1:

so you are from OTOLO nnewi,no wonder! grin grin

OTOLO reasoning lolsssssss grin grin grin grin

You make Zero sense
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by Justiceleague1: 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2016
vani86:

You make Zero sense
zero is better than OTOLO losss grin grin
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by comos: 3:10pm On Nov 07, 2016
vani86:
Nice one.

he should have name it "Nnewi Town FC"
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by aadvark: 9:05am On Nov 08, 2016
vani86:

DONALD TRUMP

Enough said
i personally do not support changing a club's name because of a change in ownership, but saying that naming the club after himself is wrong is where you veered off the rails.
There are clubs that bear peoples' names even in England. i've never seen you complain about MK Dons. perhaps u didn't know it stood for Milton Keyne's Dons. so quit saying its bad cos a Nigerian did it.
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by vani86: 12:33pm On Nov 08, 2016
aadvark:
i personally do not support changing a club's name because of a change in ownership, but saying that naming the club after himself is wrong is where you veered off the rails.
There are clubs that bear peoples' names even in England. i've never seen you complain about MK Dons. perhaps u didn't know it stood for Milton Keyne's Dons. so quit saying its bad cos a Nigerian did it.

So Milton Keyne is someone's name?

Then you have lost the plot, mk dons was named after the city it is in, just like bolton, liverpool, Manchester or leeds.

Are these the names of people?? NAming a club after the town or city it is in has always been a norm, give me one premier league scratch that, a championship club or even 1st division club named after the owner.

You guys are yet to peove me wrong.
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by vani86: 12:34pm On Nov 08, 2016
comos:

he should have name it "Nnewi Town FC"

Exactly or leave it with its original name GABROS
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by aadvark: 12:37pm On Nov 08, 2016
vani86:

So Milton Keyne is someone's name?

Then you have lost the plot, mk dons was named after the city it is in, just like bolton, liverpool, Manchester or leeds.

Are these the names of people?? NAming a club after the town or city it is in has always been a norm, give me one premier league scratch that, a championship club or even 1st division club named after the owner.

You guys are yet to peove me wrong.
really? Arsenal must be the name of a city in England then
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by vani86: 12:41pm On Nov 08, 2016
aadvark:
really? Arsenal must be the name of a city in England then

My brother, i take God beg you, where i talk say every club should be named after the town they are in??

I said it is normal for a club to be named after the town it is in, my main bone of contention is that "it is close to zero to see an european team named after the owner.

If you read my last post before this, the former name of the club was gabros and it was ok. He could have given it any other name but his name. Even blackberey FC will fly
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by aadvark: 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2016
vani86,
if u read my first post, you would notice that i showed non-support for changing a club's name along with ownership. the issue here is that u seem to think its wrong name a club after someone, but proper to name after towns. u mentioned England and i had to show u that even they deviate from that norm(see arsenal). we are not even English or European to begin with so we must not do exactly as they. besides there are many clubs that are named after people, especially in South America. have u heard of Vasco da Gama? thats one of many. they did not copy Europe, so why must we?
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by vani86: 1:07pm On Nov 08, 2016
aadvark:
vani86,
if u read my first post, you would notice that i showed non-support for changing a club's name along with ownership. the issue here is that u seem to think its wrong name a club after someone, but proper to name after towns. u mentioned England and i had to show u that even they deviate from that norm(see arsenal). we are not even English or European to begin with so we must not do exactly as they. besides there are many clubs that are named after people, especially in South America. have u heard of Vasco da Gama? thats one of many. they did not copy Europe, so why must we?

Give me the name of one club in naija other than ifeanyiuba FC named after the owner
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by aadvark: 1:11pm On Nov 08, 2016
vani86:

Give me the name of one club in naija other than ifeanyiuba FC named after the owner
so whats your point exactly? that they cant decide to deviate from the norm?
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by vani86: 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2016
aadvark:
so whats your point exactly? that they cant decide to deviate from the norm?

There is a reason many club owners do not named it after them, just think about it.

How come 2 in 3,000 club owners do that. Dont you think something is off.

It shows narcissistic tendencies.

A straight parallel with characters like trump
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by aadvark: 1:21pm On Nov 08, 2016
vani86:

There is a reason many club owners do not named it after them, just think about it.

How come 2 in 3,000 club owners do that. Dont you think something is off.

It shows narcissistic tendencies.

A straight parallel with characters like trump
no, they do it because they want to. what about clubs with names of the host town? are u saying their owners cant be narcissists?
Re: West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup by enomakos(m): 7:23pm On Nov 09, 2016
vani86:

Exactly or leave it with its original name GABROS
even gabros is innocent chukwuma name

(1) (Reply)

Today Vip Games / Single Banker / EPL Match Week 7: Matches, Previews And Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.