Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Eat Me: How To Make Masa, The Northern Delicacy - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Eat Me: How To Make Masa, The Northern Delicacy (1084 Views)

Inside Vietnamese Cat Market Where Cats Are Butchered For ₦25,000 Delicacy(Pics) / Why You Cannot Find Akara Or Masa In Shoprite Or Any Supermarket / Masa A Very Common Meal In Most Kebbi Homes (dailytrust) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eat Me: How To Make Masa, The Northern Delicacy by princeofthecity: 3:47pm On Nov 07, 2016
Masa, also know as ‘rice cake’, is a popular northern Nigerian food made from rice.

Specifically, the rice that is used in making Tuwon Shinkafa.

This type of rice is sticky so it holds unlike the regular rice used in making Jollof.

Masa can be eaten as a snack or served with a variety of soups as a proper meal.

Masa is also popularly sold with suya (skewered meat).

Here are the ingredients you need to make Masa.

1.5 cups raw rice

1.5 teaspoons active dry yeast

4 tablespoons sugar

2 cups water at room temperature

1/4 teaspoon ground akaun (cooking potash) (Optional)

½ teaspoon salt

Direction:

Soak the raw rice in 5 cups of water overnight

Dissolve the sugar and akaun in the 1.5 cups of water and add the yeast. Set aside in a warm area* for 10-15 minutes, until very frothy.

Drain the rice completely. Blend rice with the yeast and akaun mixture to make a smooth batter. Add the cooked rice, and blend to combine well. The batter should be very thick.

FULL ARTICLE At https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/eat-make-masa-northern-delicacy/

(1) (Reply)

Heard Something Strange This Evening! / Clean,quality And Fresh Crayfish Available. / The 5 Best Junk Foods For Your Healthy Eating Lifestyle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.