Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,352 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Did You Apply For Holborn Edu Scholarship To Canada - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Did You Apply For Holborn Edu Scholarship To Canada (14823 Views)

Did You Apply For Holborn Edu Scholarship To Canada / Fondazione Edu Scholarship 2019/2020 For African Undergraduate Students / Fondazione Edu Scholarship 2018 For African Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Apply For Holborn Edu Scholarship To Canada by Loveofmylife: 4:10pm On Jan 31, 2019
I also passed the exam so I contacted the Council of International Schools which they claim to be affiliated with and York University for verification. Both denied having any knowledge of or dealings with Holborn Educational Services. A lot of scams out there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Apply For Holborn Edu Scholarship To Canada by louisbelle: 1:11am On Feb 01, 2019
They never claimed any affiliations with the York uni. they only said getting an admission is prerequisite to applying for a grant offer which makes sense. i visited their office with my mum and we were told we can apply for the admission ourselves and get back to them with my admission letter for the grant application. we nigerians know how to spoil a good thing..
Loveofmylife:
I also passed the exam so I contacted the Council of International Schools which they claim to be affiliated with and York University for verification. Both denied having any knowledge of or dealings with Holborn Educational Services. A lot of scams out there.
Re: Did You Apply For Holborn Edu Scholarship To Canada by spongebob007(m): 10:37am On Feb 02, 2019
People still dont get it...the schools don't know about Holborn scholars, Holborn are just helping Nigerians look for schools that the application is easy..Holborn will give grant n support to the school they suggest for you... If you want to apply direct to the school, its still the same thing you will pay application fee....
Re: Did You Apply For Holborn Edu Scholarship To Canada by Cogs(m): 7:51am On Feb 19, 2019
Drnwima:

How did you apply

Eventbrite
Re: Did You Apply For Holborn Edu Scholarship To Canada by Cogs(m): 7:56am On Feb 19, 2019
Prince87funsho:

Did you later collect it? And what was your experience like?
Can you say they are legit.somebody should help answer this question pls

Nobody is sure.
I think that are legit, but I scared to try.

I was at their Lagos Office, it didn't really seem like a office of people that can send someone abroad.
There was no picture, award, whatsoever.

Although, I did some research on the people they used as testimony on their website, a few of them does not exist and the other few are in a school in Canada.

I can only advice you try if you have some spare money that you can use.

1 Like

Re: Did You Apply For Holborn Edu Scholarship To Canada by Jimtieen: 2:56am On Mar 12, 2019
I think its late now, the 2019 students have already made thier school applications, but they do it annally, so you can try next year.
Lexo22:
Hello nairalanders help me
We wrote a scholarship from holborn scholars foundation to Canada on 3/02/2018 here in Abuja,
I received a message from them today being 12/02/2018 that I am among the successful candidate, stated that I should come and collect my application package at their headquarters. 3 Sule Sbuka str, off Opebi road, Ikeja, Lagos.
Please is this authentic and I based in Abuja.
Re: Did You Apply For Holborn Edu Scholarship To Canada by Jimtieen: 3:10am On Mar 12, 2019
you can email them or go to thier office, i have confirmed myself, what they do is apply for a grant for you, they also assist people with getting admission, but if you have your admission you can go to them, they will help you.
Prince87funsho:
Please can you explain how they scammed you?
Because I was contacted after the exam to bring supporting documents with #28,000 for courier service to Canada

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairaland Interschool Debate:Match Two:OAU VS IBADANPOLY::Winner- IBADANPOLY / Strike: Osinbajo To Head Negotiation With ASUU / Federal Poly, Nekede Bans Students From Driving Private Cars On Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.