Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,555 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

How To Generate, Safeguard And Build Your Idea(s) - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How To Generate, Safeguard And Build Your Idea(s) (363 Views)

Let Me Sponsor Your Idea / Spare 2k To Generate Passive Income / Safeguard Your Money Against Inflation In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Generate, Safeguard And Build Your Idea(s) by Trivalence: 11:12pm On Nov 07, 2016
Things to know about ideas:
--Ideas cannot be acquired, they can only be conceived.
--Ideas cannot be shared, they can only be built together.
--Nobody cares about your idea, everyone only cares about the fruit of your idea.
--Idea is not a dream, a dream is not an idea.
--Idea is a measure of dream. Dreams are valued with ideas. It is a road/path to dream, mostly untiled.
--The world is filled with dreams but ideas rule the world.
--No sole idea can be executed.
--Ideas never come to an idle man but they come when you are idle.
--Like pregnancy, no idea is conceived and birth the same day.

Types/Stages of Ideas

For a start, we will consider this section as TYPES OF IDEAS. At the end of this course you would have been convinced to consider this section has STAGES OF IDEAS.

There are generally two types/stages of ideas depending on your insightful glasses focal power at present. And as promised earlier, you will be more than convinced at the end of this course to consider this section has stages of ideas.

1) Unachievable ideas.
2) Achievable ideas.

UNACHIEVABLE IDEAS: Anything considered bigger than you is something you cannot HAVE, CONTROL, or THINK OF. Consider the following people:
1) Albert Eistein.
2) Thomas Edison.
3) Lawrence Bragg.
4) Wole Soyinka.
5) Bill Gate.
6) Chinua Achebe.
7) Ben Carson.
cool Yourself.
Get a pad and rate each person in the list between 1-10 based on 'achievement and how they have impacted their world'. Arrange them in descending order of their score.
Who is the first on your list and who is the last? To the sincere participant, I am sure you will be the last on the list. Why are you inferior to the other people on the list? You are younger than them? Lawrence Bragg won Nobel Laurette prize at the age of 21. You are not that brilliant? Thomas Edison was tagged 'dullard' by his teacher. They are white? Check the list again to see Soyinka and Achebe. Intelligence is independent of race, greatness is not determined by color or age. It is all within you. The only difference between you and those in the group; what will determine if you will be any different or great tomorrow is your generated ideas and what you do with it.
Are you any different from me? I heard you asking. I am not for now but wait and watch, ask me the same question in few years time and I will reply 'You can see the difference(#with a smile)'.

Your idea will always be unachievable if it is alone. Ideas work in team. One compliment the flaw of another. It is similitude to a termite colony. Colony is started with a single termite, the fertilised female (later the queen). Eventhough she is the queen, she can never make a colony.

It is worth knowing that ideas have ranks:
>> Main idea
>> Supporting idea
>> Backup idea
>> Exit plan.

MAIN IDEA.

It is mostly the first conceived of all ideas. It can also be considered as the main objective.

SUPPORTING IDEA

It is an helping cord to the main idea. It aids elimination of doubt of an idea feasibility. Sometimes it becomes the main idea and vice verse.

BACK UP IDEA

A type of idea only thought of by people who always plan before acting. There is a particular group characterised with this idea, they are called 'ORIGINALS'. A group Martin Luther King Jr. and Leornando Da Vinci are said to belong to according to .............. TED TALK.

EXIT IDEA

I will never recommend you to conceive this idea during the start of your idea generation, nevertheless it is a must to have and the last option to consider no matter what. According to Napoleon Hill ''There is difference between temporary defeat and failure''. We live to fight another day is the song of retreating soldiers. All ideas will not always work.

ILLUSTRATION OF IDEAS RANKING

All analogy here are real conceived ideas of mine. They are ideas I am either working on now or filed for later. To confirm it, I will use real name of any involved property or place.

Analogy 1: I conceived an idea of owning a hotel after seeing a bankrupted after seeing a bankrupted hotel in an area with a promising ROI (Return On Investment).
Main Idea: Purchase the bankrupted hotel (XALE).

My challenges:
1) I am currently a student, still asking for money from home eventhough I try to avoid it as much as possible.
2) I know nothing about real estate except those I read in books like 'The Art of the deal by Donald Trump' and experience I accumulated from Estate agent as a student.
3) I don't have 0.0005% of the demanded price.
4) No collateral to get a loan.
Note: Your supporting ideas are always generated when you have identified your challenges.

Supporting ideas:

-- Contact a real estate firm to negoiate partnership.
These will be tough because I have no record.
-- Price the hotel to a minimum, the building will be at least 25% worth more.
-- Get a venture capitalist.
-- Approach the bank to loan me the money using the house as collateral.
It will be a big shot if I am able to request for a loan less than the house worth.

Back Up idea:

-- Sell the idea to someone else.
-- Wait till graduation, work hard, make money and come back to execute my main idea.

Exit Plan

-- Give up the idea because of the obstacles.
-- Give up the ideas if after executing the main and supporting ideas I could not achieve anything.

Analogy 2: I conceived an idea of getting students fairly used medical textbooks due to the cost of new ones.
Main idea: Selling of fairly used book at an affordable price compare to new ones.

My challenges:

1) No money to import in bulk.
2) I am a shy marketer.
3) I have no idea about importing and exporting.
4) What if nobody patronize me.

Supporting Ideas:

-- Go online to search for websites that sell fairly used books. Also check for those with free shipping.
-- Contact fairly used book sellers in Ikeja and strike a deal with them. They import and you help them sell at a commission rate in my school.
-- Buy used textbooks from graduating students.
-- Import with the little cash I have. You can start your business with any amount you have, peovided it is sufficient to start.
-- As a shy marketer, I buy and put them in book stores (especially in my school) and bargain a commission rate with them.
The best solution to overcome my market shyness is to read books on marketing and summon the courage to go out there. A great marketers will tell you they were shy when they started. It is a sign I am a great marketer too.

Back up plan:
-- Sell the idea to someone else.
-- Wait till I have enough money.
-- Change my targeted market.

Exit plan:
-- Let go of the ideas without trying them.
-- Let go when all my ideas don't work.

ACHIEVABLE IDEAS

'What the mind of a man can conceive, he can achieve'--Napoleon Hill.
When an idea is achievable, everything always seem to be in place. Unlike the unachievable category, the challenges arr always few.
I would have given more ideas under this section but I would not want you to empty my idea archive. Using the two initial analogy, in analogy 1: My only challenge might be ''I am currently a student''. In analogy 2: My only challenge might be ''I am a shy marketer''.

Making unachievabke ideas achievable

Presented challenges are the main thing that make ideas unachievable. Identify your challenges and generate a supporting idea for it. Also, the following can be responsible for unachiveveable ideas:
1) Wrong main idea.
2) Insufficient supporting ideas.
3) No back up plan.
4) Not knowing when to quit and quitting when not to.

HOW TO GENERATE IDEA

You do not a need formal education or training to know how to generate ideas. Ideas flow from the mind. Only if you don't possess a mind that you are incompetent to generate one.

There are two types of ideas: Good and Great ideas.
These two types are either positive or negative ie 'Good good ideas or Bad good ideas' and 'Good great ideas or Bad great ideas'.

Good ideas are myopic ideas. They are generated out of urgency to solve a problem. Such as when you need money to get something.

Read full @ www.trivalenceaskme..com

(1) (Reply)

Recession Proof Investment Reveal... Time To Leverage / . / Give investment a try

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.