Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,054 members, 7,821,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. (6013 Views)

The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World / $13B: Most Expensive War Ship Ever Built Finally Hits Water(photos). / Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by Explorers(m): 10:26am On Nov 08, 2016
USS Zumwalt's radical long range 'Land Attack Projectile' that can hit cities from 80 miles away scrapped after bosses found each round will cost $800,000.

The US Navy’s largest destroyer is equipped with two massive guns that can hit targets from 80 miles away but, it can’t afford the ammunition.

At $800,000 or more per round for each gun, the Navy says the cost is just too high. The USS Zumwalt (DDG 1000) is pictured.

HOW THE PRICE COMPARES PER ROUND.

The Long Range Land-Attack Projectile - $800,000 dollars, causing theNavy to push for its cancellation.But, according toThe Economist, guided missiles come in a wide range of costs, including:

Tomahawk cruise missile - $1.5 million.

Hellfire - $115,000.

Javelin(shoulder-fired) - $147,000.

Advanced Precision Kill Weapons System- $28,000.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3914346/USS-Zumwalt-s-radical-long-range-Land-Attack-Projectile-attack-cities-80-miles-away-remain-unused-bosses-projectiles-cost-800-000-EACH.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by Tellemall: 7:52pm On Nov 08, 2016
rawpadgin:
This is pure wickedness!

How can you be spending such amount building weapons of mass destruction?

Because destruction is the end of all human efforts. And that is power.
Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by benedictgold(m): 10:07pm On Nov 08, 2016
patrickmuf:
The Americans will hype just about everything they manufacture, the day it happens we will know who is truly the most powerful nation in the world, talking about military capabilities.
Lol US military is the most powerful nation in terms of military capabilities, the only nation that come close is Russia. Eg. There are over 15000 nuclear warhead in the world and out of this Russia and US account for 93% of them, Imagine the gap.. Russia have a little bit more nuclear warhead than US but the US have more nuclear warhead on high alert than Russia. What it means is that if there is a nuclear war now, the US will have more to use within minutes. Then other technologies which the US military have that even China can only dream of imitating

2 Likes

Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by Nobody: 6:12am On Nov 09, 2016
Posts like this should be on fp, but no, it's only celebrities nonsense that you'll see there

Lalasticlala o
angry

1 Like

Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by Davidhero(m): 10:24am On Nov 10, 2016
Explorers:
2. DDG 51 Destroyer - $101.8 billion.

This destroyer needs 350 men to operate and is armed with tomahawk missiles, 5-inch guns, torpedoes and a mine detector. It measures 500 feet and displaces 9,200 tons.

The destroyer. Aye i remember it was actually used for a movie, though I cant recall its name.
Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by J4parry(m): 12:38pm On Nov 10, 2016
Following this thread with keen interest. Nice one Op.
Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by shurlar50(m): 2:11pm On Nov 10, 2016
Maybe all these world power countries are preparing for armaggedon indirectly without them even knowing
Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by ElPhenomenal(m): 7:27pm On Nov 10, 2016
i haven't seen the abraham tank yet
Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by cotzywitzy(m): 10:53pm On Nov 10, 2016
Misplaced priorities...
Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by darkhorizon: 12:09am On Nov 11, 2016
Explorers:

For instance, when we talk about cars every country has her own make, brand, model spec, and most times giving the same functions.

Some are more expensive than the others.

Now to weapons, when we mention F-15, F-16, F-18, F-22, F-35, Humvee, Chinook, Apache, Blackhawk and stuffs like that belongs the United States Military (US origin).

Russians and other Europe countries have their sophisticated fighter jets, Armoured vehicles, destroyers, aircraft carriers but the United States spends more on theirs. $601 Billion in 2015.

The attached image is High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle(HMMWV) commonly known as the Humvee(Armoured) produced by US AM general motors.

Its primarily used by the US military, cost $220,000 per unit.

Used to like your posts, but when I noticed you are more US inclined, even though u choose to turn a blind eye/shun other countries. I started loosing interest, you are becoming bias. This is not the Sile12/Explorers I knew.

But anyways keep up the good work. Cheers .
Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by LeJeun3: 3:41am On Nov 11, 2016
darkhorizon:

Used to like your posts, but when I noticed you are more US inclined, even though u choose to turn a blind eye/shun other countries. I started loosing interest, you are becoming bias. This is not the Sile12/Explorers I knew.

But anyways keep up the good work. Cheers .
i
I don't know your motivation but it's quite funny you made this statement.

Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by darkhorizon: 7:24am On Nov 11, 2016
LeJeun3:
i
I don't know your motivation but it's quite funny you made this statement.

What i meant to say is that Explorers is becoming more bias, esp. when it comes to military topics.
Does he mean out of the most expensive its only US that get head there, I beg to disagree.

Ones addiction/love for a country should in no way cloud information been passed out.Most especially Explorers who everyone here like myself look up to when it comes to information. i hope you get my motivation now.

Cheers.
Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by Explorers(m): 9:17am On Nov 11, 2016
darkhorizon:

What i meant to say is that Explorers is becoming more bias, esp. when it comes to military topics.
Does he mean out of the most expensive its only US that get head there, I beg to disagree.

Ones addiction/love for a country should in no way cloud information been passed out.Most especially Explorers who everyone here like myself look up to when it comes to information. i hope you get my motivation now.

Cheers.

Thanks bro, but its not what you think. Why cant you Google search this topic and see for yourself.
Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by UnlimitedIfex(m): 9:27pm On Nov 11, 2016
I just dea vess as i dea read and c d kind money wea they use make only weapon that will only end up 2 kill ur fellow human. The world is not going into any war, the only tin they would use most of those weapon is 2 fight militant or terrorism. Atleast if they give me that kind money, i know d kind investment wea i go do wit d money and i go dea use private jet go obodo_ibo, cum dea shout fada fada.

2 Likes

Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 12, 2016
benedictgold:

Lol US military is the most powerful nation in terms of military capabilities, the only nation that come close is Russia. Eg. There are over 15000 nuclear warhead in the world and out of this Russia and US account for 93% of them, Imagine the gap.. Russia have a little bit more nuclear warhead than US but the US have more nuclear warhead on high alert than Russia. What it means is that if there is a nuclear war now, the US will have more to use within minutes. Then other technologies which the US military have that even China can only dream of imitating
congratulations US secretary of defense
Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by Dayoto: 12:24am On Nov 13, 2016
Lalasticlala your boy explorers is here again...
Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by mrtegation99(m): 8:12am On Nov 13, 2016
patrickmuf:
The Americans will hype just about everything they manufacture, the day it happens we will know who is truly the most powerful nation in the world, talking about military capabilities.

These are the ones known to the public

What about the classified ones

Talk about your beloved Nigeria
Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by LeJeun3: 5:43pm On Nov 13, 2016
darkhorizon:

Cheers.

But if the USA have the most expensive equipment what should he do to be less "biased"

Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by Vikkie14: 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2016
The topic should be : Top Ten AMERICAN Most Expensive and Advanced Weapons Ever Built.
Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by Vikkie14: 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2016
LeJeun3:

But if the USA have the most expensive equipment what should he do to be less "biased"

Does Expensiveness(if there's any word like that) equate EFFECTIVENESS and EFFICIENCY??
Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by mayten(m): 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2016
Vikkie14:
Does Expensiveness(if there's any word like that) equate EFFECTIVENESS and EFFICIENCY??

the guy ain't biased as you see it ......... why do u think America is the world leading country its definitely not because of their economy ......... google is your best friend anyways and if u feel the thread does not suit you, you can kindly create a new one and name it what you want then you can put russia, china etc as the countries that have the most advanced weapons and most expensive... somebody out there would belief you if you can back it up with facts and figures.
Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by LeJeun3: 10:09am On Nov 14, 2016
Vikkie14:

..............but have you read the topic of the thread??

(Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built.)

He didn't say most effective.

1 Like

Re: Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. by Preator: 4:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
Vikkie14:
The topic should be : Top Ten AMERICAN Most Expensive and Advanced Weapons Ever Built.
i absolutely agree with you but its still the same thing though. when your defense budget is more than that of the next 13 nations, almost all costly platform will be yours. I think I'll do a thread on those platforms across the east and west bloc

(1) (2) (Reply)

Understanding The Research Onion: An Illustration / Is Your MTN Sim Stopped Working Or Not Working At All With Mtn Free Browsing Sim / brand new 300ah/280ah/105ah lifepo4 lithium battery, bms and sachet inverters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.