Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra (2039 Views)

9-year-old Boy, Stripped, Tied To A Tree, And Whipped For Missing School / Students Banned From Wearing Metal-Bra Clasps In China's Entrance Exam / Malawian Women Protest After Attacks For Wearing Pants, Miniskirts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by Billygoat(m): 7:49pm On Oct 30, 2009
Whipped for wearing a 'deceptive' bra: Hardline Islamists in Somalia publicly flog women in Sharia crackdown
By MAIL FOREIGN SERVICE
Last updated at 11:16 PM on 16th October 2009

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1220864/Whipped-wearing-deceptive-bra-Hardline-Islamists-Somalia-publicly-flog-women-sharia-crackdown.html#ixzz0VR1OueHz

A hardline Islamist group in Somalia has begun publicly whipping women for wearing bras that they claim violate Islam as they are 'deceptive'.

The insurgent group Al Shabaab has sent gunmen into the streets of Mogadishu to round up any women who appear to have a firm bust, residents claimed yesterday.

The women are then inspected to see if the firmness is natural, or if it is the result of wearing a bra.

If they are found wearing a bra, they are ordered to remove it and shake their breasts, residents said.

Al Shabaab, which seeks to impose a strict interpretation of Sharia law over all Somalia, also amputated a foot and a hand each from two young men accused of robbery earlier this month.

They have also banned movies, musical ringtones, dancing at wedding ceremonies and playing or watching soccer.

'Al Shabaab forced us to wear their type of full veil and now they order us to shake our breasts,' a resident, Halima, told Reuters, adding that her daughters had been whipped on Thursday.

'They are now saying that breasts should be firm naturally, or just flat.'

Officials of Al Shabaab, which Washington says is Al Qaeda's proxy in the failed Horn of Africa state, declined to comment.

The group's hardline interpretation of Islamic law has shocked many Somalis, who are traditionally moderate Muslims. Some residents, however, give the insurgents credit for restoring order to the regions under their control.

Al Shabaab, which means 'youth' in Arabic, control large swathes of south and central Somalia.

Abdullahi Hussein, a student in north Mogadishu, said his elder brother was thrown behind bars when he fought back a man who humiliated their sister by asking her to remove her bra.

'My brother was jailed after he wrestled with a man that had beaten my sister and forced her to remove her bra. He could not stand it,' Hussein said.

Men were not spared the' moral cleansing'. Any man caught without a beard was been publicly whipped.

'I was beaten and my hair was cut off with a pair of scissors in the street,' Hussein said.

'My trouser was also cut up to the knee. They accused me of shaving my beard but I am only 18.

'They have arrested dozens of men and women. You just find yourself being whipped by a masked man as soon as leave your house.'
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On Oct 30, 2009
ROFLMAO!!!! These men have so many screws loose in their heads. So, how were they able to ascertain the breasts were not naturally firm? By feeling the breasts of the woman in question in the name of allah?  grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Shake those boobies in the name of allah?? Roflmao!!!
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by MrCrackles(m): 8:23pm On Oct 30, 2009
This is HIGH-LA-rious. . . .
I mean odikwa serious!!! grin cheesy grin
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by 4Play(m): 10:09pm On Oct 30, 2009
The insurgent group Al Shabaab has sent gunmen into the streets of Mogadishu to round up any women who appear to have a firm bust, residents claimed yesterday.

The women are then inspected to see if the firmness is natural, or if it is the result of wearing a bra.

If they are found wearing a bra, they are ordered to remove it and shake their breasts, residents said.

'Al Shabaab forced us to wear their type of full veil and now they order us to shake our breasts,' a resident, Halima, told Reuters, adding that her daughters had been whipped on Thursday.

grin grin grin

You can't make it up. I wonder whether their Police has a Boobs Department. Inspecting boobs requires specialization and incredible skill.
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by MrCrackles(m): 10:17pm On Oct 30, 2009
4 Play:

grin grin grin
You can't make it up. I wonder whether their Police has a Boobs Department. Inspecting boobs requires specialization and incredible skill.
Absolutely! grin
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by Billygoat(m): 10:25pm On Oct 30, 2009

How do I apply for that job?
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by NegroNtns(m): 10:29pm On Oct 30, 2009
While the story is hilarious. . . readers beware, it is not credible.
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by Ibime(m): 1:11pm On Oct 31, 2009
hehehehehe. . . . . niggas will do anything to get their hands on a pair of titties.
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by Ikomi(m): 1:43pm On Oct 31, 2009
Ibime:

hehehehehe. . . . . niggas will do anything to get their hands on a pair of titties.

I think you should look at it as another form of social correctnes.

Why should flat women make vulnarable men think they are busty. You tell me.

There next move should be on make ups and hair extensions, I myself am tired of make believes. No woman is ugly these days.

I mean there was a time when you could look a woman in the face and without a second thought you could say "that girl is ugly", and the whole neighbourhood would agree with you.

You just dont say that anymore, cause the next minute she could come out looking gorgeous all because of make ups.

Does anyone know if the Al Shabaab by any chance need a volunteer? undecided
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by Ibime(m): 2:15pm On Oct 31, 2009
Ikomi:

I think you should look at it as another form of social correctnes.

Why should flat women make vulnarable men think they are busty. You tell me.

There next move should be on make ups and hair extensions, I myself am tired of make believes.

No woman is ugly these days.

I mean there was a time when you could look a woman in the face and without a second thought you could say "that girl is ugly", and the whole neighbourhood would agree with you.

You just dont say that anymore, cause the next minute she could come out looking gorgeous all because of make ups.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. . . . . this is NL post of the year!
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by TayoD1(m): 11:57pm On Oct 31, 2009
@topic,

"Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, political parties, nations and eras, it's the rule." - Friedrich Nietzsche. Groups like Al Shabaab and their cronies make Friedrich look like a prophet.
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by Nobody: 2:21am On Nov 01, 2009
This is the height of madness!!!
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by bawomolo(m): 5:02am On Nov 01, 2009
that's the best job of ever.

boob inspector.
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by chic2pimp(m): 5:41am On Nov 01, 2009
Billygoat:

'I was beaten and my hair was cut off with a pair of scissors in the street,' Hussein said.

'My trouser was also cut up to the knee. They accused me of shaving my beard but I am only 18.

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by spoilt(f): 5:50am On Nov 01, 2009
God oh. . . . . . . grin
They'd rather have boobs (both firm and unfirm) flapping around crazily on the streets of mogadishu while women go about their chores and errands? shocked shocked

Shi t like this, you cant make up!!! Who are these people? Ignorance is really a scourge!!!!

Poor women, just when they think it cant get any worse these idiots come up with something else! You've played your part by tying the boobs up in a bra, then you're ordered to take it off and jiggle them for 'confirmation of firmness' . grin
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by Nobody: 6:01am On Nov 01, 2009
The insurgent group Al Shabaab has sent gunmen into the streets of Mogadishu to round up any women[b] who appear to have a firm bust,[/b] residents claimed yesterday.

these guys must be eagle eyed

how do you see a firm bust through a hijab
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by No2Atheism(m): 6:35am On Nov 01, 2009
oyb:

these guys must be eagle eyed

how do you see a firm bust through a hijab

u tell us or is it not been done in the name of islam.
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 01, 2009
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-345393.0.html

just as the above is done in the name of your religion

fortunately not everyone is a myopic bigot like you

feel free to commence spamming the thread with no to comments tongue
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by IFELEKE(m): 1:42pm On Nov 01, 2009
madness of the highest order!
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by donjon: 3:51pm On Nov 01, 2009
Holy madness!
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 01, 2009
What-da-hell? shocked
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by Beaf: 7:27pm On Nov 01, 2009
Life don hard for Somalia sotey Al Qaeda don dey organise breast peep show! shocked

. . .They tell them to jump up and shake their loot embarassed

Shake it love, in the mighty name of sharia! cool
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by 4Play(m): 11:05pm On Nov 01, 2009
With all the push-up bras these women use in deceiving us, I think it's about time someone did something about this and I applaud the Al-Shabab for this move.

It's time to take a stand and say no to artificially enhanced busts.
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by MrCrackles(m): 11:36pm On Nov 01, 2009
4 Play:

With all the push-up bras these women use in deceiving us, I think it's about time someone did something about this and I applaud the Al-Shabab for this move.
It's time to take a stand and say no to artificially enhanced busts.
grin cheesy grin
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by cooldud62: 12:04am On Nov 02, 2009
walahi, i don laaf taya!!!
All nairaland babes must remove dem bras to know if the firmness is natural or fake, they must shake very well!
What happens if those guys get turned on when seeing boobs shaking? grin grin grin grin grin grin

this part is my funniest
Billygoat:

You just find yourself being whipped by a masked man as soon as leave your house.'

grin grin grin
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by spoilt(f): 12:33am On Nov 02, 2009
That basically means all women must off their bras and jiggle their boobs because how do they know those who have firm breasts if you have never seen them? grin
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by RichyBlacK(m): 8:33am On Nov 03, 2009
The al-Shabab group is just an asylum of violent lunatics. These Muslim extremists show, once again, the utter barbarism embedded in that outdated, outmoded and outclassed legal system called Sharia.

There simply no place for this kind of insanity in any civilized society!
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by preselect(m): 11:59pm On Nov 03, 2009
yeee, i don die o grin
abeg na where them de submit application for al shabaa militia . . . i don tire to dey find job for this london when my exceptional talents as a boob expert is highly needed in mother africa grin

i can tell a true or fake boob not only from a hijab but also from a distance. even sef, i can look at a flat boob and tell the date when it was mal-handled and i can look at a fake boob and give the date when the original gave way for the fake.

i monitor boobs thru winter jackets in a photograph. my boob talents are too much and i'm sure al shabaab will love my services cheesy

also i have a PhD in boobmatics from makere university and a masters degree in boobiology from cairo university.
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by Nobody: 1:47am On Nov 04, 2009
kudos to al shahaab . . . maybe they shld move to the US, we're tired of surgically enhanced boobs too.
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by AbuSafwan(m): 10:22am On Nov 04, 2009
Had it been the story is right Al-shabab must have gone out of Shari'ah principles and they should be stopped in the name of Islam, and even for moral reason this boob inspection is definitely illegal. But i dont think the story is true for I am always aware of American-western propaganda to deface Islam all over the world. mull it over again!!!
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by Ibime(m): 11:11am On Nov 04, 2009
pres-elect:

yeee, i don die o grin
abeg na where them de submit application for al shabaa militia . . . i don tire to dey find job for this london when my exceptional talents as a boob expert is highly needed in mother africa grin

i can tell a true or fake boob not only from a hijab but also from a distance. even sef, i can look at a flat boob and tell the date when it was mal-handled and i can look at a fake boob and give the date when the original gave way for the fake.

i monitor boobs thru winter jackets in a photograph. my boob talents are too much and i'm sure al shabaab will love my services cheesy

also i have a PhD in boobmatics from makere university and a masters degree in boobiology from cairo university.

hehehehehehehehehehe
Re: Whipped For Wearing A 'deceptive' Bra by RSA(m): 10:56am On Nov 06, 2009
grin grin grin

Only in Africa cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

15 striking Changes In north And South Korea After 70 Years Of separation / North Koreans In Tears As Photos Show Kim Jong-Un's Mysterious Weight Loss / Watch USA Military Planes Collide And Blow Up At Dallas Military Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.