Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Narrative Technique - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Narrative Technique (859 Views)

THE CHIBOK GIRLS! (non-fictional Narrative Of The Chibok Girls) / Clearing House: Our Playground (the Last King Of Unwashed)-A short narrative / A Novel With Two Types Of Narrative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Narrative Technique by Terrentius(m): 12:55am On Oct 31, 2009
I always use 1st person narrative whenever I write my stories because it allows me to go deep into the narrator/character's head, how they perceive things- their insecurities, their guilty pleasures, their sorrows, their fears, their relief, the list is endless.  1st person narratives give me the freedom to be raw and unexpected in my delivery, i like to shock, excite and scare not in a fright sort of way but in an 'oh my word, i can't believe he said that' -sque. So my main characters tend to be losers, pedants, idiots, low self esteem.paranoid and a bit neurotic. I like these qualities because every one of us has them albeit in different proportions.

so what do you guys prefer as your narrative style
Re: Narrative Technique by MyneWhite1(f): 5:43am On Nov 02, 2009
I prefer using the third person.
Re: Narrative Technique by gorociano: 9:48am On Nov 03, 2009
I like the first person myself, I fell in love with it when I read James hadley Chase's "Miss Shumway Waves A Wand" way back, Keep it up bro, Me Like!
Re: Narrative Technique by divchynka(f): 10:30pm On Nov 05, 2009
When you use 1st person it seems more truthful. 3d person makes world more wide.
Re: Narrative Technique by nlPoster: 4:35am On Sep 17, 2019
Any style that fits the narrative.

(1) (Reply)

James River Writers Announces The May 2010 Writing Show / Ability To Commit Your Thought Lucidly Defines You As A Writer - Chioma Okereke / Owe Oruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.