Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,768 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Drawing Inspiration From The American Elections - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Drawing Inspiration From The American Elections (386 Views)

Primate Ayodele Speaks About Edo, Ondo, Ghana And American Elections / Leke Adeboye On US And Iran: Donald Trump Is An Inspiration / Pastor Adeboye Speaks About 2019 Elections; Bishop Asked Him Who Will Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Drawing Inspiration From The American Elections by Gentlebabs(m): 3:06pm On Nov 08, 2016
American Elections - The Lessons

As America decides, I have followed the campaigns, the electoral process religiously that I can almost predict where the pendulum will swing.

The lesson I learnt from this very sensitive electoral process from both candidates is a major life lesson.

From Donald Trump, I learnt to use everything within my powers to get what I want, regardess of how I get it, result is the only thing that matters. In the course of moving forward, I might be abandoned by people who are supposed to watch my back, but when they do, I need to remind my self of the reason why i embarked on this journey in the first place, believing in myself that I can succeed if nobody believes in me, but never will I, if I do not believe in myself. Thank you Donald for proving to the world the power of insistency, consistency and persistency.

From Hillary Clinton, it is a life lesson I will never forget. Hillary re-affirmed the African proverb which says, "That you stoop before a dwarf does not reduce your height". She made me realise, you need people to succeed, no one succeeds alone. She constantly reminded the American populace of her track records rooted in deep love in the area of defending the defenceless as a young Lawyer. Real success they say, have track records because the process of any endeavour in life is more important than the goal. She proved that, you get to make some touch decisions sometimes that might affect your career many years to come, even if you feel you are doing it for public good. She again proved that humans are our greatest resource, "One for all, all for one." Hillary is an epitome of diplomacy, who understands that we all need to build bridges not walls. To my amazement, publicly, she came out to apologise for the "Unwarranted" tone of the debates thus far.

Today is the tomorrow Americans waited for. Today is the future of tomorrow. Today, the 45th President of the United States will emerge by the power of the people.

Regadless of the outcome of today's election, I Babatunde Raimi hereby congratulate the Americans, for their faith, believe, support in America, to take America from where it is, to where it ought to be.

Today, both candidates will write and read either their concession or victory speech. The runner-up gets to call the Winner "My President", that is the beauty of democracy, the beauty of loyalty to a cause and a nation they believe in. I can't wait to see and hear this part of history that will linger in eternity.

Will it be Donald, or are we about to witness a first Female President in the history of America, the answer is waiting in the wind, only a couple of hours away.

You wonder about my concern for the American Election; I will tell you. President Buhari of Nigeria once told President Obama that he needs to ensure the world is safe by making sure Africa is safe. For Africa to be safe, he said Nigeria has to be safe. Now, I give it back, we all need America to be safe for the world to be safe, afterall we are supposed to be our brothers' keeper.

Today, whichever way the pendulum swings, we will all accept it in the name of Democracy, the greatest asset/weapon of the electorates.

Babatunde Raimi is writing from Festac, Lagos - Nigeria, I am just trying to make common sense.

Babatunde Raimi (+2348178827380 & +2348035063895)
Author/Life Coach/Blogger
www.babatunderaimi.com
Re: Drawing Inspiration From The American Elections by DoctorAlien(m): 3:12pm On Nov 08, 2016
It's either the title of this thread was meant for another article, or the author doesn't know how to caption threads.

I have gone through this article over and over again, and I'm yet to see the "lessons religious people should learn" from an election going on in a country.
Re: Drawing Inspiration From The American Elections by Gentlebabs(m): 3:28pm On Nov 08, 2016
DoctorAlien:
It's either the title of these thread was meant for another article, or the author doesn't know how to caption threads.

I have gone through this article over and over again, and I'm yet to see the "lessons religious people should learn" from an election going on in a country.
Thanks for your valid observation, modified accordingly.

(1) (Reply)

Problems with theory of vestigiality / Thank God, I Was Not Aborted / How To Receive Anything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.