Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,693 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election (46444 Views)

Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings / Kenya Presidential Election Cancelled By Supreme Court / Donald Trump Casts His Vote In US Election, Met By Cheers & Some Boos (Video) (2) (3) (4)

Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by Morenaija: 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2016
Hillary Clinton cast her ballot early Tuesday as the extraordinary US presidential race draws to a close, with the divided nation choosing whether to elect its first woman president or populist Donald Trump.

Chanting "Madam President," about 150 supporters turned out to cheer on the Democratic nominee who voted with husband Bill Clinton at an elementary school near their home in Chappaqua, New York.

"I'm so happy, I'm just incredibly happy," said a smiling Clinton as she emerged from the polling station, shaking hands, mingling and chatting with people in the crowd, many of whom recorded the moment on their smartphones.

Clinton told reporters after casting her ballot that it was "the most humbling feeling" to vote for herself as she seeks the nation's highest office.

"I know how much responsibility goes with this and so many people are counting on the outcome of this election, what it means for our country," she added.

"And I will do the very best I can if I'm fortunate enough to win today."

The Republican Trump was expected to vote later Tuesday in his precinct in Manhattan.

After that it is largely a nervous waiting game for the rivals, who have spent several bitter months at each other's throats.

Clinton has enjoyed a bounce in her poll standing in recent days and leads her rival by 3.3 points nationally in the rolling RealClearPolitics poll average.

The race is expected to come down to a handful of battleground states like Florida, Nevada, North Carolina and Ohio.

Trump insists he is tied or leading in some states like Michigan and Pennsylvania which have voted Democratic in the last several presidential elections.

Later Tuesday, former secretary of state Clinton heads to the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York where she will ring in the election under a real glass ceiling, a nod to her oft-repeated assertion that electing a woman president would burst through "the highest, hardest glass ceiling."

The Trump campaign holds its election party at the New York Hilton Midtown, less than two miles (3.2 kilometers) away from Clinton's event.

The two candidates hop-scotched across swing states Monday, with Clinton and Trump each hosting large midnight rallies where they made their final pitches to America's voters.

"Today is our independence day," Trump declared just after midnight Tuesday in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

"Today the American working class is going to strike back, finally."

Trump kept up a frenetic pace in the election's closing days, hitting 10 states in the last 72 hours.

Clinton was racing around the country too, making her last-minute case in seven states over the same period including a huge, high-profile rally in Philadelphia with President Barack Obama, her husband Bill Clinton, and rocker Bruce Springsteen.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3916770/amp/Hillary-Clinton-casts-vote-US-election.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yBLL7AWqMc

Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by kestolove95(m): 4:25pm On Nov 08, 2016
U mean president Hillary Clinton?

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by BornMarch15(m): 4:28pm On Nov 08, 2016
TB Joshua don talk say she go win. So I STAND WITH TB JOSHUA

30 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by kingobozy: 5:18pm On Nov 08, 2016
This is just the classic case of choosing the lesser evil. Hillary and Thrump both have their strengths and weaknesses. Never in the history of American battle for presidency has both aspirant have so much dirt on them.
But I still stand with Hillary. I believe she is more diplomatic and can be reasoned with.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by Elnino4ladies: 5:19pm On Nov 08, 2016
I stand with clinton

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by Rotjijatau(m): 5:19pm On Nov 08, 2016
why do most Nigerians detest Hilary Clinton?
Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by herzern(m): 5:19pm On Nov 08, 2016

#IStandWithTrump.....

I can stand with anybody on any thread....abi....izzit your stand??... cheesy

31 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by cornel994(m): 5:20pm On Nov 08, 2016
Post seen wer is d moni
Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 08, 2016
I stand with Hillary kiss

Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:20pm On Nov 08, 2016
All the best to the presidential candidates.
God bless Nigeria.

Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by Qmerit(m): 5:20pm On Nov 08, 2016
The first female president in USA.
Congratulation, I join my faith with urs.

Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by FineBro(m): 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2016
Madam President!

Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by ItzHoludex(m): 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2016
seen
Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by shaddoww: 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2016
Even if my guy Trump no win, he put up a good fight.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by Casinger(m): 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2016
BornMarch15:
TB Joshua don talk say she go win. So I STAND WITH TB JOSHUA
d

Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by emeijeh(m): 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2016
How is this news?
God, and the USA please give #Trump the POTUS

I don't like Killary Clinton

Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by KingRex1(m): 5:22pm On Nov 08, 2016
Not sure why I don't like Clinton n I suspect her too.

Anyone seen this links http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-37910676

Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by Rhotiz: 5:22pm On Nov 08, 2016
Gbayi!!

Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by dhebz2pon(m): 5:23pm On Nov 08, 2016
Casting things,mk dem vote quick mk we kno wu go win
Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 08, 2016
i prefer the populist with good agenda to...

Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by swiperthefox: 5:23pm On Nov 08, 2016
She will definitely win as president of the United States of America. It will be historic. Women leading the most powerful nations in the world: Theresa May of UK, Mikel of Germany and now Hillary Clinton as the leader of the free world.

Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by VickyRotex(f): 5:23pm On Nov 08, 2016
I wont be surprised if Hillary wins. Everything happening in the world today, happened in the Series 24 Hours!

Well, back to this:

The First female President in the Series.

See their striking resemblance aswel.

The only difference is that Allison was a Republican in the movie, while Hillary is Democratic.

Fictional Allison Taylor known as (Cherry Jones) in first picture.

And Hillary Clinton in second picture.

22 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 08, 2016
Let who will win win,dat s all
Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by friedcorn: 5:24pm On Nov 08, 2016
Clinton don lose.

Congrats donald trump

Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by caracas: 5:24pm On Nov 08, 2016
No one can stop a moving train ,forget the prophecies
Trump is winning this election.

Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by CentaurX(m): 5:24pm On Nov 08, 2016
K. Lets see how it all goes cheesy
Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by TimeManager(m): 5:25pm On Nov 08, 2016
if Trump failed to win, Trumpanzee(Igbos) are in big trouble.
Kiss the truth!

Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by blackarcher: 5:25pm On Nov 08, 2016
wish her the best.
Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by takenadoh: 5:25pm On Nov 08, 2016
The way Nigeriams with no interest whatsoever are following this election one would think its Man Utd vs Chelsea

Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by bestijenkins94(m): 5:26pm On Nov 08, 2016
kestolove95:
U mean president Hillary Clinton?
for ur plastic mind
Re: Hillary Clinton Casts Her Vote In The Ongoing US Presidential Election by luciouscookie: 5:27pm On Nov 08, 2016
I stand with Buhari!

Rat Is Tied Up And Publicly Shamed For 'stealing Rice' In China / Mark Esper To Resign As Trump's Defense Secretary / In The Moment Of Russia's Invasion, Ukraine Tweeted A War Meme