Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,739 members, 7,809,832 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Headies Award 2016 Nominees - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Headies Award 2016 Nominees (33034 Views)

Highlights From Headies Award 2019 - Hilarious Meme Collection / Teni Wins Rookie Of The Year At 2018 Headies Award. / Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by Elnino4ladies: 2:07pm On Nov 09, 2016
A Q or boogey for lyrcyst on the roll.
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by kingcomet(m): 2:09pm On Nov 09, 2016
timijoseph01:
YBNL Soldiers are going home with nothing less than 5 awards... Olamide,, LilKesh,, AdekunleGod,, Pheelz..
Lol.. This aint a Prophecy oooo.... I trust my Nigeria people..
By the way,, why do i think the media is just hyping this Eazy guy..?? All of a sudden, hes name just keep appearing everywhere.. Hes jazz na first class

this your phophesy self
Headies go surprise you. no be them again?
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by zcee: 2:11pm On Nov 09, 2016
Mr eazi is not supposed to be dere,I can see phyno is being cheated in these headies award yearly,phyno supposed to be nominated in 5 categories he is always taking over the industry wile tecno is nt supposed to b in nxt rated na today he stat to dey sing? and fo olamide he is nt supposed to b nominated tru daa wu u EPP bcus daa song is meaningless D's list shud b reshuffled...headies don collect bribe ooo!
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by emsco(m): 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2016
I don't know why Reekado "bank's Oluwani" wasn't included in the song of the year category... Simi should be on the next rated list..
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by OnPointMan(m): 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2016
naijaboiy:

One of the criteria for selecting a next rated nominee is whether the artiste in question has any album to his name, tekno doesn't have an album yet that's why he's in that category.

As for falz it can't be possible because he already has two albums to his name. So it doesn't really matter how long you've stayed in the industry, what qualifies you for this category is whether you have an album yet or not.

The album thing u said isn't true. Chuddy K was nominated in 2012 after having an album already to his name. I think this people are not standard enough with their nominations.
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by vickydevoka(m): 2:36pm On Nov 09, 2016
Ovokoo:
Can someone tell me why Tekno is hardly on this list? And when is the headies going to let dbanj go? he has no business been seen in any award category that is not a life achievement award.
use ur brain now if tekno should appear in more than one category his gonna more dan one award wic de wouldn't want for an upcoming wic his not though
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by Revolva(m): 2:41pm On Nov 09, 2016
wow.....tekno next rated ......omo mr eazi don win dat part ...omo dat category hard oooo see stars
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by wasiudvd(m): 2:45pm On Nov 09, 2016
osuofia2:
don jazzy you mean?
I no mention name before his fans attack me.
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by zcee: 2:51pm On Nov 09, 2016
Wish one b reggae blues and jagaban,so wat happened to connect, e sure fo me nd tecno wash, wu com b aramide nd brymo...headies shud b scrapped
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by Porsches30: 3:09pm On Nov 09, 2016
U pple dnt vote o...be waiting for ur Favorite artist to miraculously win...
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by TeamSimple(m): 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2016
kingcomet:
the lord just revealed the winners to me. I hereby prophesy the winner of ..

best recording = emergency

PRODUCER OF THE YEAR= pheelz

BEST MUSIC VIDEO= an unmarried woman appeared in the video so its. soldier falz ft simi

BEST R&B/POP ALBUM =new era

BEST R&B SINGLE= darey -Pray for me

BEST POP SINGLE= reggae and blues

BEST REGGAE/DANCEHALL SINGLE= no kissing

BEST RAP ALBUM= stories that touch

BEST COLLABO=reggae And blues

BEST RAP SINGLE=jagaban

BEST VOCAL PERFORMANCE(MALE)= brymo

BEST VOCAL PERFORMANCE (FEMALE)=seyi shey

NEXT RATED= tekno phone

HIP HOP WORLD REVELATION = kiss daniel

LYRICIST ON THE ROLL= reminisce

BEST STREET-HOP ARTISTE= olamide

BEST ‘ALTERNATIVE’ SONG= bez

ALBUM OF THE YEAR= stories that touch

ARTISTE OF THE YEAR= wizkid

AFRICAN ARTISTE= sarkodie
Choi..Guy double twale for you. XO XO on point.
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by TeamSimple(m): 3:20pm On Nov 09, 2016
I love the fact that Brymo is recognized. His got pure voice good for music. Doesn't sing the contemporary yansh and waist tracks we get.
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by Ionkidiz(m): 3:32pm On Nov 09, 2016
Wey major bangz?, wey my boss phyno? Headies don dey do ojoro
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by naijaboiy: 3:53pm On Nov 09, 2016
OnPointMan:

The album thing u said isn't true. Chuddy K was nominated in 2012 after having an album already to his name. I think this people are not standard enough with their nominations.
That was what the organizers explained to people as Similar complaints came up when skales and orezi were nominated two years ago.
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by yamunla(m): 4:11pm On Nov 09, 2016
Did anyone notice the Mavin not dominating awards anymore?

Apart from tiwa savage the others artist are over hyped to me!
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 09, 2016
So Patoranking will stand in Tekno's front to give him key? Nonsense!!
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by MilesLamar(m): 4:27pm On Nov 09, 2016
nice
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by supersaz66(m): 4:45pm On Nov 09, 2016
ikombe:
If Boogey no collect 2 awards for that nomination, i go scatter headies undecided

E go worse pass olamide shenanigans last year
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by lailo: 4:45pm On Nov 09, 2016
Fake!!!!No Tuface?

1 Like

Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by Babysho(m): 4:55pm On Nov 09, 2016
supersaz66:
Boogey smileyBoogey
Boogey ought to win that lyricist award ohhh. Cos the rest nominees don't even understand Punchlines
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by wunderkiind(m): 5:16pm On Nov 09, 2016
ikombe:
If Boogey no collect 2 awards for that nomination, i go scatter headies undecided

Pls who is this boogey sef undecided
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by fiercehillz(m): 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2016
Johnny Drille deserves the award for best alternative...that song is fire
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 09, 2016
So Tekno is eligible for next rated nw? And pana ws nt nominated? Mtscheww Nigerian Headies is SHIT
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by TheAmedu(m): 9:35pm On Nov 09, 2016
supersaz66:
Boogey smileyBoogey
You're true to music. Its funny real musicians are not celebrated in 9ja. I won't be surprised if they give Olamide the lyricist award. They say its a non voting award. Let's wait and see.
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by reasonwitme: 10:20pm On Nov 09, 2016
where is oluwa ni by reekado.
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by Topbaze: 10:39pm On Nov 09, 2016
Exclusive interview with Warri based OAP, Funnymouth
http://oozenaija.com/ooze-naija-meets-up-with-warri-oap/
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by JefLonDon(m): 11:32pm On Nov 09, 2016
Davidblen:
Where Is Reeky

funny enough Reeky dat was so hyped last year Neva made any category even with his album

is it dat Donjazzy was away or busy with Trump's election dat he forgot to wave his magic wand or his he trying to protect his record label Cuz funny as it seems I can't find any of his people on Dis list or even him for producer of the year

by the way what happened to Mavin record sef they are so going down that they had to loan a new striker(Iyanya) to see if they can score points

9ja Music is getting boring

imagine the nominations, I barely know some of the songs sef and why is tecno phone not on all categories

to me Tekno Phone is the best artistse of the year and deserve all the praise Cuz it's his year

some one quote me wrong
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 10, 2016
abeg my 9ja stars thinks of the song that can make you carry Grammy not headies,tekno have work so much this year bt just look@wia they put him,last year kiss Daniel work so much but he go with null award.....they just keep fabricating issues jor....abeg think bout Grammy nd middle finger to headies
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by ikombe: 1:03am On Nov 10, 2016
wunderkiind:

Pls who is this boogey sef undecided
Pls where the fck do you live
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by cruzydal(m): 1:30am On Nov 10, 2016
Why d fvck did,dey put boogey dre.. DAT his jam is shit.. He wasn't even audible.. Nominating mr eazi for only next rated ain't good he was at his peak dis year.. Fvck headies awards joor.. It has always been shit since.. ThankGod dose mavin bishes ain't nominated..
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by cruzydal(m): 1:34am On Nov 10, 2016
Babysho:

Boogey ought to win that lyricist award ohhh. Cos the rest nominees don't even understand Punchlines
I have been following headies awards for more Dan 8 years now.. I will tell,u vividly that that award belongs to modenine..try n,listen to modenine u will notice its not a competition .. I used to doubt him till I listened to some of his tracks..he is really the best at this lyricist on the roll stuff.
Re: Headies Award 2016 Nominees by Nobody: 2:46am On Nov 10, 2016
Abeg wetin tekno dey sing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The 50 Biggest Slangs To Emanate From The Nigerian Music Industry / Zip# Download Kendrick Lamar DAMN. (FULL ALBUM) / Tiwa Savage & Olamide - 'Standing Ovation'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.