Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,318 members, 7,836,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) (26662 Views)

President Buhari Arrives Jordan Ahead Of Counter Terrorism Summit / PHOTOS: President Buhari Departs For Jordan Ahead Of Counter Terrorism Summit / Power Outage At Saraki's Daughter's Wedding At Eko Hotel Causes Panic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by kalishay: 11:28am On Nov 09, 2016
And later she will claim being the best mum she should at least do the needful!!too bad!! God help me stand with ma children Tru thick and thin and sacrifice ma life for theirs wen need be
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by kalishay: 11:30am On Nov 09, 2016
Sooo funny but also sad.later she will claim being the best mum she should at least do the needful!!too bad!! God help me stand with ma children Tru thick and thin and sacrifice ma life for theirs wen need be
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by Originalsly: 11:52am On Nov 09, 2016
The one who thought this was a good idea should be shot.....and shot again.
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by merits(m): 12:30pm On Nov 09, 2016
Asiwaju9ja:

Naim Be Say, Terrorist activity no go happen for a city like Lagos abi?

I was opportuned to be their yestaday,the exercise caused a lot of havoc to the general public despite d fact that they give earlier warning about the exercise.A woman throw away her child and run for her dear live yesterday.
And one more thing anything like this should not be make public,by looking at it can make criminal know their capability,to the extend that one of them make a mistake a falled from helicopter and lost consciousnes,it was NEMA ambulance that rushed him to nearby hospital.is that not a disgrace?
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by mccaybroewn(m): 12:35pm On Nov 09, 2016
[color=#770077][/color] I regretted being a Nigerian, but always smile anytime I remember am not just an ordinary Nigerian but a Nigerian Muslim./quote]

Abeg, no vex, who is an ordinary Nigerian?
YEYE dey smell for here!
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by progress69: 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2016
rottenPussy:
Those mofos should be sacked already.

what happen to practing in a range?

nawa ooo!

Anyways, abeg who kill snake today? we need to celebrate Trumps victory..

Smh. This NL is getting boring and annoying because of people like u. Range?? Did they tell u they came for "shooting practice"?
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by Domotayo: 1:41pm On Nov 09, 2016
it's better late than never . it's better we are prepared for anything .
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by AVISENNA: 2:11pm On Nov 09, 2016
Other countries will use a training facility ,now no dummy or live rounds being utilized
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by rottenPussy: 2:15pm On Nov 09, 2016
progress69:

Smh. This NL is getting boring and annoying because of people like u. Range?? Did they tell u they came for "shooting practice"?
And how would you describe the empty bullet they were shooting amidst the innocent passnegers all in the name of practice?

Please only quote again if you have a logical explanation to this. Otherwise get off my mention.
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by progress69: 2:23pm On Nov 09, 2016
rottenPussy:
And how would you describe the empty bullet they were shooting amidst the innocent passnegers all in the name of practice?

Please only quote again if you have a logical explanation to this. Otherwise get off my mention.

While not ask questions or try not to be lazy to do little researches on the internet. This was a military drill, a mock simulation in a event of a terrorist attack. They even carry out such drills periodically in the White House, yeah you heard me right. And Mr, u read blanks were fired, first know what blanks means before spiling thrash on the internet. Blanks are not bullets? They are cartridges that actually contain gunpowder just to get that explosive sound, whereas nothing actually comes on of the barrel of the gun like a bullet. What u just hear is sound nd some sort of smoke from the barrel of the rifle.
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by bashbanks(m): 3:46pm On Nov 09, 2016
progress69:

While not ask questions or try not to be lazy to do little researches on the internet. This was a military drill, a mock simulation in a event of a terrorist attack. They even carry out such drills periodically in the White House, yeah you heard me right. And Mr, u read blanks were fired, first know what blanks means before spiling thrash on the internet. Blanks are not bullets? They are cartridges that actually contain gunpowder just to get that explosive sound, whereas nothing actually comes on of the barrel of the gun like a bullet. What u just hear is sound nd some sort of smoke from the barrel of the rifle.

you got it right sir.. you just explained exactly what happened yesterday... No bullet was seen yesterday but just that sound and very little smoke... Yesterday made me respect our military personnel's more because I just imagined that sound with real bullet over there at the war front
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by Marineetyon(m): 3:59pm On Nov 09, 2016
honeywealth75:
Naija Armed forces with local ideas, let's assume the woman died or her child what's gonna happen? I regretted being a Nigerian, but always smile anytime I remember am not just an ordinary Nigerian but a Nigerian Muslim. Next time better awareness will save all these.
another foolish bigot
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by rottenPussy: 4:20pm On Nov 09, 2016
progress69:

Just listen to yourself right now! "Gun sounds" in public without prior notification.

And did I mention that I don't know the meaning of blanks?

Are blanks not also used in range exercise? if they are used in such crucial training, then it is unreaosnable to engage in such activity in an open place without prior notification.

I hate to assume that you have little or no knowledge about conventional practice. because if you do, you ought to know that it is a criminal offence too simulate sensitive practices that could cause panic in a public gathering - needless to say an Airport without prior notification.

Read the text all over and see where it says people were injured - probably due to panic or stempede, then quote me again.

---------

And did you mention White House, hahaha,

Read this cropped text below and tell me when such has ever happened during USA airforce practice.

BoneBlogger:

Also an airport staff a man in his late 50s collapsed on the sound of sporadic gunshots from the the mock terrorists.

All the wounded persons were attended to by medical staff of the Nigerian Air Force hospital and members of the Lagos State Ambulance Services.

The passengers said they were not informed of the exercise and thought it was a real situation and that terrorist had taken over the airport.
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by ocelot2006(m): 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2016
rottenPussy:
Those mofos should be sacked already.

what happen to practing in a range?

nawa ooo!

Anyways, abeg who kill snake today? we need to celebrate Trumps victory..

A number of countries actually carry out such drills.
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by rottenPussy: 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2016
ocelot2006:

A number of countries actually carry out such drills.
That it caused people to panic, injured and faint?
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by slimthugchime(m): 7:53pm On Nov 09, 2016
rottenPussy:
Just listen to yourself right now! "Gun sounds" in public without prior notification.

And did I mention that I don't know the meaning of blanks?

Are blanks not also used in range exercise? if they are used in such crucial training, then it is unreaosnable to engage in such activity in an open place without prior notification.

I hate to assume that you have little or no knowledge about conventional practice. because if you do, you ought to know that it is a criminal offence too simulate sensitive practices that could cause panic in a public gathering - needless to say an Airport without prior notification.

Read the text all over and see where it says people were injured - probably due to panic or stempede, then quote me again.

---------

And did you mention White House, hahaha,

Read this cropped text below and tell me when such has ever happened during USA airforce practice.

guy stop embarrasing yourself......me that is not even flying heard the message 3days before it started.....and who told you they use blank bullets at a shooting range, do you even know what a shooting range is? and they are not doing a shooting training they need that airport to make sure they know every nuke and cranny and ways they can enter the airport incase of a terrorist attack on it ......please stop being foolish abeg undecided
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by slimthugchime(m): 7:55pm On Nov 09, 2016
rottenPussy:
That it caused people to panic, injured and faint?
so you want the airforce to build another lagos airport to practice on it....guy respect yourself naaa

1 Like

Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by donvicky2007: 9:08pm On Nov 09, 2016
They could have done the rehearsal in any of the airports without passenger traffic. Like sokoto airport, Gombe airport,Asaba Airport etc.
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by Jetjacky(m): 10:43pm On Nov 09, 2016
adeayaade:
Another traveller, a young woman in her 30s flung her baby away in the heat of the pandemonium that ensued, before diving for cover.

interesting, what a good mother
grin grin grin grin
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by nicemajor(m): 12:45am On Nov 10, 2016
honeywealth75:
Naija Armed forces with local ideas, let's assume the woman died or her child what's gonna happen? I regretted being a Nigerian, but always smile anytime I remember am not just an ordinary Nigerian but a Nigerian Muslim. Next time better awareness will save all these.
please are u aware there is something called ETA in military. (ESTIMATED time of arrival) which is common in the us....it's just an excellent training pattern
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by Omelove: 1:46am On Nov 10, 2016
olatade:

She deserves an award for the best mum of the year...what a mother undecided
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by rottenPussy: 7:43am On Nov 10, 2016
slimthugchime:
so you want the airforce to build another lagos airport to practice on it....guy respect yourself naaa
Use your head bro. A simple notification would have prevented this mess. Or better still, what happened to practicing on a public holiday?

Your gullibility is indeed legendary.
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by slimthugchime(m): 8:05am On Nov 10, 2016
rottenPussy:
Use your head bro. A simple notification would have prevented this mess. Or better still, what happened to practicing on a public holiday?

Your gullibility is indeed legendary.
i told you i even heard the notification 3days before it started, but nigerians wont heed to messages, why did your think others didnt panic..........so when terrorists attack do you think they will wait for a time when nobody is around at the airport......

please dont quote me again, your insulting my personality undecided
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by slimthugchime(m): 8:07am On Nov 10, 2016
donvicky2007:
They could have done the rehearsal in any of the airports without passenger traffic. Like sokoto airport, Gombe airport,Asaba Airport etc.
lagos airport is the busiest airport and the largest in nigeria, so it will be the hardest to execute any operation incase of any terrorist attack
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by donvicky2007: 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2016
slimthugchime:
lagos airport is the busiest airport and the largest in nigeria, so it will be the hardest to execute any operation incase of any terrorist attack

Thanks for the explanations
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by rottenPussy: 1:01pm On Nov 10, 2016
slimthugchime:
i told you i even heard the notification 3days before it started, but nigerians wont heed to messages, why did your think others didnt panic..........so when terrorists attack do you think they will wait for a time when nobody is around at the airport......

please dont quote me again, your insulting my personality undecided
How about you just take your time to analyze this logically.

Even senior staffs at the airport panicked, one even fainted and you are saying they were well informed?

let's just assume an experienced US/UK journalists happen to be in the premises at the time, do you think his/her report on the situation won't further jeopardize the minute respect Nigeria Airforce have internationally.

If the were truly apt, this would be done in a subtle way.
We are talking about an International Airport for crying out loud...

There is no point in discussing this further anyway, I'm out..
Re: NAF Counter Terrorism Rehearsal At Lagos Airport Causes Panic (photos) by phemmie06(m): 5:40pm On Nov 10, 2016
ElPhenomenal:

Which planet are you from
Is Nigeria a planet?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Made Osinbajo’s Tour Of Niger Delta A Success - Niger Delta Militants / No National, Governorship Elections Will Hold In Rivers – APC Candidates Vow / Osinbajo Kicks Against Anonymous Ownership Of Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.