Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,588 members, 7,816,448 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Airtel Mifi Fraud - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Mifi Fraud (948 Views)

Airtel Mifi And Airtel 4G Phone Which Is Faster In Browsing / Airtel Mifi / How To Unlock Airtel MIFI Unlimited Alcatel-made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Mifi Fraud by citee(m): 10:22am On Nov 09, 2016
I bought an Airtel Mifi modem at Slot store, Simbiat Abiola way, Ikeja on 2nd November 2016. I was told by the Airtel agents at the shop that the modem cost N20,000 and comes with 30GB data valid for 60 days. After making payment, i was asked to pay another N1,000 to activate the simcard, making a total of N21,000 i paid.
The line was activated late on that day but i noticed the data there was only for the N1,000 i paid. So i called up one of the agents who gave me his name as Hazan who promised to check and get back to me on why the 30GB was not credited to me. He later called to inform me that he was told the 30GB was a promo offer and it ended on the 31st of October 2016.
I asked him what i was supposed to do now since it was unthinkable for me to have paid N20,000 to get just a modem without any free data. He asked my to call the customer service line and make a complaint which i did. I was told by the customer service agent that she could not give me any information on the reason why i was not given the 30GB or if there was any promo which ended on 31st October.
Right now i feel defrauded and very upset. Why do our companies act like this. When there is a situation, the consumer is left on their own. So i now have to go to Slot to go and fight with the agents who sold me the modem when the organisation should have been the one to look into the case.
Re: Airtel Mifi Fraud by JanWuya: 10:48am On Nov 10, 2016
I believe there has to be a mix-up somewhere. My advice is that you reach them on Twitter or Facebook. Those platforms are more reliable if you ask me. Their twitter handle is @Airtel_care and Facebook is simply Airtel Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Nokia E71 For 5k / Please Help Me On Tecno W5 Lite / Pro Evolution Soccer [PES] Mobile 2017 Coming Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.