Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,414 members, 7,836,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

‘I Will Tear Up My Green Card On January 20’- Wole Soyinka Declares - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ‘I Will Tear Up My Green Card On January 20’- Wole Soyinka Declares (402 Views)

Wole Soyinka Battled With Prostate Cancer / "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka / Wole Soyinka: "I Will Tear My Green Card If Donald Trump Wins" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

‘I Will Tear Up My Green Card On January 20’- Wole Soyinka Declares by givenbiznews: 12:21pm On Nov 10, 2016
Donald Trump winning the US presidency has prompted Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka to give an indication that he will tear up his Green Card on January 20, 2017, the day Donald Trump will be sworn-in as the 45th President of the US.

The Nobel Laureate had last week threatened to destroy his green card with the possible victory of Republican’s Donald Trump ahead of Democrat’s Hillary Clinton.

Soyinka expresses his resentment at Trump’s emergence saying that it spelt trouble for humanity and promised to do as he said last week with the response.

“Come January 20, 2017; watch my WOLEXIT!”

By WOLEXIT, he seemed to be referring to his final ‘exit’ from the US, playing on Brexit, the expression referring to Britain’s historical exit from the European Union.

Although he said he was not too surprised that Trump won, he noted that his victory had brought an already teetering world closer to the precipice.

He said, “The possibility (of Trump’s victory) was looming nearer and nearer, getting scarier and scarier.

“As the election day approached, the specter became near palpable. I refused to switch on the television this morning until I had stiffened myself with a strong espresso. I felt disaster in my marrow.

“Trump’s wall is already under construction. Walls are built in the mind, and Trump has erected walls, not only across the mental landscape of America but across the global landscape. “I am glad you referred to the anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall – that was one anniversary in reversal!”
read more http://givenbiznews.com.ng/i-will-tear-up-my-green-card-on-january-20-wole-soyinka-declares-after-trump-victory/
Re: ‘I Will Tear Up My Green Card On January 20’- Wole Soyinka Declares by HQuadreal: 12:22pm On Nov 10, 2016
On his own.
Re: ‘I Will Tear Up My Green Card On January 20’- Wole Soyinka Declares by seunny4lif(m): 12:25pm On Nov 10, 2016
grin grin grin
Do it now abi am not understanding ooooh grin grin grin
Can't read now self grin grin grin
Re: ‘I Will Tear Up My Green Card On January 20’- Wole Soyinka Declares by johncallidon(m): 12:29pm On Nov 10, 2016
20th too tey nah .... abeg doam now!!!!
Re: ‘I Will Tear Up My Green Card On January 20’- Wole Soyinka Declares by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 10, 2016
Before then Nigerians don forget na....

Tear it NOW angry
Re: ‘I Will Tear Up My Green Card On January 20’- Wole Soyinka Declares by Florblu(f): 12:36pm On Nov 10, 2016
Why the delay proff?
Delay night leads to denial o
Let's jungle justice your green card biko
Re: ‘I Will Tear Up My Green Card On January 20’- Wole Soyinka Declares by Obinnau(m): 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2016

(1)

Chimamanda Adichie Comments Are Racial In My Opinion / LIFE: 'the Bias Referee That Never Play Fair!' / The Girl In The Background (episode 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.