Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Hillary Clinton: This Is Painful - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hillary Clinton: This Is Painful (446 Views)

Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings / Trump Accepts Deal For Temporary End To Painful Shutdown / Donald Trump Leads Hillary Clinton In USA Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hillary Clinton: This Is Painful by Ebukaidoko(m): 12:26pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hillary Clinton has conceded defeat in an emotional speech in New York – urging her supporters to not give up hope, and to strive to uphold American values.

Flanked by her husband Bill and daughter Chelsea, the 69-year-old looked resolute and composed, despite the evident pain of the situation.

She admitted it was painful – but told Americans, more of whom supported her than her rival, to unite behind Donald Trump.

“I believe in America, and I still do,” she said. “Donald Trump is going to be our president. We owe him an open mind, and the goodwill to lead.”

“Our constitution enshrines the rule of law, freedom of worship and expression, we cherish these values too.

“Our constitutional democracy demands our participation, all the time.

“We have to make our economy work for everyone – not just those at the top – protecting our country and protecting our planet.

“Our responsibility as citizens is to keep doing our part.”

She thanked her team, describing them as the best anyone could have wished for.

And she closed by telling women and girls not to give up hope: “Many of you are embarking on your careers and you will have setbacks too.

“But please, never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it. It is, it is worth it.

“And to all the women and especially the young women who put their faith in this campaign and in me, I want you to know that nothing has made me prouder than to be your champion.

“I know we have still not shattered that highest, hardest glass ceiling. But I know that someone will. To all the little girls.

“You have the power to pursue your own dreams.”

In the early hours of the morning Mr Trump had offered generous words for his vanquished opponent, saying she had worked hard for many years and was owed a “deep debt of gratitude”.

In a conciliatory speech Mr Trump added: “We will get along with all other nations willing to get along with us. We will deal fairly with everyone. We will seek common ground, partnership not conflict.

“America will no longer settle for anything less than the best. We must reclaim our destiny.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/hillary-clinton-painful/

(1) (Reply)

I Won’t Collect Salary – Trump / Buhari Cancels Daughter’s Wedding Over Expensive Gifts / Donald Trump Is Named Time Magazine's Person Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.