Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,578 members, 7,865,407 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:27 PM

13 Things You Didn’t Know About The Antoine Griezmann - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 13 Things You Didn’t Know About The Antoine Griezmann (660 Views)

Messi & Griezmann 'Don't See Eye-To-Eye As They Do Not Speak In Training' / Barcelona Confirm The Signing Of Antoine Griezmann On A Five-year Deal / George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

13 Things You Didn’t Know About The Antoine Griezmann by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 10, 2016
How much about Griezmann do you know? We’ve come up with a list of 13 things about the world-class forward you might not be aware of.

If there’s anything people should know about Griezmann, leave a comment at the bottom of the page.

1. Lyon rejected him – because of his size

As a young lad, Antoine Griezmann had trials with Lyon, the top-flight French club situated 70 kilometres away from his home city of Mascon.

However, Griezmann was told that he was too small and frail to join the club’s academy and was subsequently rejected.

One of the worst decisions in French football history? It now looks that way given his exploits at Euro 2016.

2. He was banned by France for a year in 2012

Back in November 2012, Griezmann was banned from representing the French national team – at any level – for more than a year after he and a few teammates were found to have been in a Paris nightclub.

The versatile forward and his pals should have been at a training base in the north of the country at the time.

3. He went to New York with his sister and filmed pretty much the whole trip

Griezmann comes across as a happy-go-lucky kind of guy in this superb video that he and his sister recorded during a trip to New York in 2012.

It’s definitely worth 10 minutes of your time.

4. The same sister survived the attack on the Bataclan

Griezmann’s sister, Maud, survived the terrorist attack on the Bataclan nightclub in November 2015.
Days after the atrocities, Griezmann played for France against England in an international friendly at Wembley.

5. His idol is David Beckham

“I am a massive fan of his,” Griezmann told GQ Magazine in France, when asked about David Beckham. “On the pitch he had class and off it he was always very clean and well dressed.

“I remember the 2012 Olympics in London when he was in the boat with the Olympic torch and his hair didn’t move!”

The Frenchman added: “At first I wanted to have the same hairstyle, but then he had his hair long and for me it was too long to wait six months for mine to grow.

“I’ve calmed down a bit with the dyes and such but I like to change it regularly.”

6. But he also models his game on David Silva

Griezmann has admitted that, as well as Beckham, he’s modelled his game on David Silva.

The two players are very different in their respective styles but they at least have one thing in common: both are blessed with brilliant left feet.

7. He wears Spongebob Squarepants underwear on matchdays

Yes, this is true. Here’s the proof.
8. He scored one of the best overhead kicks ever

Griezmann helped his former club, Real Sociedad, qualify for the Champions League group stages back in August 2013 with a spectacular overhead kick against, of all clubs, Lyon.

The ball was crossed to the edge of the box and Griezmann, who was running ahead of the ball, stopped, set himself and dispatched a perfectly-executed overhead kick into the bottom corner of the net.

9. He once celebrated a goal by pretending to drive a car

A couple of weeks after his overhead kick against Lyon, Griezmann produced one of his funniest goal celebrations in a La Liga match against Deportivo.

There was a car parked on the running track at Anoeta and Griezmann, sensing his opportunity to have some fun, called on his teammates to pile into the vehicle.

The French forward, as anyone would in his position, then pretended to drive the car for added comedic effect.

10. He celebrated another goal by diving into snow

Griezmann also once dived into some shovelled snow, which had been piled near the advertising hoardings, during one unusually cold winter in Spain.
11.He’s won more La Liga Player of the Month awards than Lionel Messi

Strange but true.

Griezmann has won the award twice: in January 2015 and April 2015.
Messi has only won it once. Yes, really. In January 2016.

12. His brother, Theo, is a big Manchester United fan

Theo Griezmann is a Manchester United fan and likes a bit of Twitter.

So, naturally, every time he tweets something positive about the Red Devils, optimistic United fans believe Antoine has packed his bags and is en route to Old Trafford.

13. He loves computer games

Spending time at hotels and travelling on planes or coaches can be a painfully boring experience for footballers.
To watch videos of this list check the source
http://www.sportztrendz.com/2016/11/08/13-things-didnt-know-antoine-griezmann/

so guys this is a list of things you probably didn’t know about the world class forward antione greizeman please drop your comments below on which player you would like to see a list on and i will try my best to do so.
Re: 13 Things You Didn’t Know About The Antoine Griezmann by freesinzu(m): 4:49pm On Nov 10, 2016
Viktor musa

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Plane Carrying Brazilian Football Team Crashes In Colombia / Moses, Chelsea Stars Hit Gym For West Brom / Kelechi Iheanacho Is A Rare Gem - Guardiola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.