Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,612 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Never Buy A Nigerian Used Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Never Buy A Nigerian Used Car (2399 Views)

Never Buy Fuel When The Delivery Tanker Is Still In The Station / List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Buy A Nigerian Used Car by Dereformer(m): 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2016
Buying a nigerian used car is like walking into a death trap.

A friend of mine who recently acquired a Nigerian used toyota camry is now regreting ever going near that car.

When they tell you it is one month used please run.

why would an individual buy a car, use it for one month and then set it up for disposal?

the answer is clear, there is an undelying problem.
Re: Never Buy A Nigerian Used Car by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 10, 2016
Your reason holds no water,thought you would have given a better reason.So if I buy a toks today and I decide to migrate to Canada tomorrow,I should go with my car?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Buy A Nigerian Used Car by colossus2: 6:49pm On Nov 10, 2016
You made no point op.

4 Likes

Re: Never Buy A Nigerian Used Car by wtfCode: 8:16pm On Nov 10, 2016
Op I just dey look u like this nairaland smiley undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Never Buy A Nigerian Used Car by valarinz: 8:17pm On Nov 10, 2016
Dereformer:

A friend of mine who recently acquired a Nigerian used toyota camry is now regreting ever going near that car.

why would an individual buy a car, use it for one month and then set it up for disposal?

Eya, oya tell us truthfully, how much him buy am

3 Likes

Re: Never Buy A Nigerian Used Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:32pm On Nov 10, 2016
Dereformer:

gerrarrahia.... tongue

9 Likes

Re: Never Buy A Nigerian Used Car by mayor2013: 10:24pm On Nov 10, 2016
After kazeem don touch light the car finish you come here come dey complain grin

3 Likes

Re: Never Buy A Nigerian Used Car by baaliyah(m): 11:18pm On Nov 10, 2016
No be me! all my cars will be Nija used until i have money to buy brand new. I have not been lucky with toks.

3 Likes

Re: Never Buy A Nigerian Used Car by VeeBabs(m): 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2016
@OP: You are neglecting the fact that there are Nigerians who actually take very good maintenance care of their cars. And when they put up such cars for sale, DEALERS fall over themselves to snatch 'em up very quickly, so they could "touch them up" and resell them to you as TOKUNBO.

Yes, in case you didn't know, not all "tokunbo" are actually foreign used. Ever wondered why dealers don't like buying cars that have been "etched" with their registration numbers into their windows and mirrors and door handles and front grilles and headlamps?

It's bad for their resale effort!

Also, if you want to slightly reduce the likelihood of your car getting stolen, simply etch or engrave your registration number into your windows and headlights.

Car thieves would be discouraged from "moving" your car, because its resale value would be much less than otherwise. They prefer stealing "clean" or unmarked cars.

Edit: do you know how many car dealers have contacts staging round-the-clock "surveillance" on VGC, Lekki Phase I etc? They are standing-by to snatch up any car that is put up for sale by residents of such areas, because they believe that the well-to-do owners must have taken excellent care of such vehicles.

So, tell me, are such cars not also "Nigerian used"? You need to source your cars from the right places.

I know someone in Ikoyi whose uncle is about to sell a 2013 Range Rover Sport. It's "Nigerian used", but even your N10 million won't get you near his door. Car was serviced and maintained by the company from day of purchase till date. Warranty still very much active and valid.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Buy A Nigerian Used Car by Dereformer(m): 4:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
VeeBabs:
@OP: You are neglecting the fact that there are Nigerians who actually take very good maintenance care of their cars. And when they put up such cars for sale, DEALERS fall over themselves to snatch 'em up very quickly, so they could "touch them up" and resell them to you as TOKUNBO.

Yes, in case you didn't know, not all "tokunbo" are actually foreign used. Ever wondered why dealers don't like buying cars that have been "etched" with their registration numbers into their windows and mirrors and door handles and front grilles and headlamps?

It's bad for their resale effort!

Also, if you want to slightly reduce the likelihood of your car getting stolen, simply etch or engrave your registration number into your windows and headlights.

Car thieves would be discouraged from "moving" your car, because its resale value would be much less than otherwise. They prefer stealing "clean" or unmarked cars.

Edit: do you know how many car dealers have contacts staging round-the-clock "surveillance" on VGC, Lekki Phase I etc? They are standing-by to snatch up any car that is put up for sale by residents of such areas, because they believe that the well-to-do owners must have taken excellent care of such vehicles.

So, tell me, are such cars not also "Nigerian used"? You need to source your cars from the right places.

I know someone in Ikoyi whose uncle is about to sell a 2013 Range Rover Sport. It's "Nigerian used", but even your N10 million won't get you near his door. Car was serviced and maintained by the company from day of purchase till date. Warranty still very much active and valid.

How can one guard against buying a nigerian used car in the name of tokunbo.

1 Like

Re: Never Buy A Nigerian Used Car by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 16, 2016
Dereformer:

Some Nigerian used cars are really good. I bought a Toyota venza 010 tear rubber. Used it for only four months, then bought a venza 014. And sold the old one. You won't say my 010 had a problem. Some Nigerian used cars are really good.
Re: Never Buy A Nigerian Used Car by TheBawse(m): 9:55pm On Nov 16, 2016
Hmmmmm@OP

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Honda Odyssey Space Bus Any Advice? / Toyota Camry 2008 Or Honda Accord 2008 / Getting A Car TINT PERMIT In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.