Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,837 members, 7,862,749 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:33 AM

Trump Meets Obama At Long Last - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Meets Obama At Long Last (567 Views)

African American Music Stars Visit President Obama At The White House Today / US President-elect, Trump Meets Obama At The White House (video, Pics) / U.S President Elect Donald Trump Meets Current President Barrack Obama At The (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Meets Obama At Long Last by chinwelaw: 9:42pm On Nov 10, 2016
It was perhaps the unthinkable: President Obama meeting with his successor at the White House in the first step to carry out the peaceful transition of power in the American Republic — and it’s Donald Trump.

But that’s exactly what happened Thursday morning in what amounts to one of the more surreal moments in American political history.

President-elect Trump, who rose to political fame by questioning the birth place of the sitting president, said he had “great respect” for President Obama, called him a “very fine man” and said he would seek his “counsel” in the future. Trump, who noted that the two had never met before, said they were slated to speak for maybe 10 to 15 minutes, but the meeting, which lasted more than an hour and a half, could have gone on even longer. Trump said they talked about “difficulties” around the world, but also accomplishments.

“I very much look forward to dealing with the president in the future, including counsel,” Trump said. “He’s— he explained some of the difficulties, some of the high-flying assets, and some of the really great things that have been achieved.”
read more...kingslawsblog.com.ng

Re: Trump Meets Obama At Long Last by zakim(m): 9:44pm On Nov 10, 2016
ok
Re: Trump Meets Obama At Long Last by dukechilezie(m): 9:44pm On Nov 10, 2016
It is a welcome development. Obama has got the experiences, you need to tap from his wealth of experiences to move your country ahead. I am using this ample opportunity at this momentous moment to felicitate with the American president elect. Congrats and may God give you the grace to saddle the affairs of America.
Re: Trump Meets Obama At Long Last by apriko(m): 9:58pm On Nov 10, 2016
Donald chukwuebuka trump God bless u sir......I
Know Dat u will do a great work in America!!
Re: Trump Meets Obama At Long Last by apriko(m): 9:59pm On Nov 10, 2016
Re: Trump Meets Obama At Long Last by sirfee(m): 10:09pm On Nov 10, 2016
In my opinion I believe Trump will lead America to a greater height.His government will tolerate no nonsense but he will be fair in handling issue.Do you know that he has blacks,latinos,arabs,persian etc employees,so those people against him what's their take on this.If he is that bad how come he became so rich and powerful.Let's be fair in judging people irrespective of their colour,race,creed,country etc#Fairplay
Re: Trump Meets Obama At Long Last by Beeman1(m): 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2016
apriko:
Donald chukwuebuka trump God bless u sir......I
Know Dat u will do a great work in America!!
IPOD zombie,u better save d energy and pray for ur 'dilector who is rotten in Kuje prison. mtcheww.
Re: Trump Meets Obama At Long Last by totorimi: 3:12am On Nov 11, 2016
Is there no power of incumbency in that USA? Obama didn't behave like a Blackman stall, he supposed to arrest Trump for tax default and they for arrange all those women molested make them sue the man

(1) (Reply)

What Sick ISIS Savages Did To Two Turkish Soldiers In Aleppo.. Wicked World! / Outrage As Ben Carson Calls Slaves ‘immigrants’ / Jews Being ' God-chosen People ' Is A Political Agenda, Not A Religious One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.