Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Archbishop OKOH Charges Delegates At #DIVCCON2016 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archbishop OKOH Charges Delegates At #DIVCCON2016 (351 Views)

Shiloh 2018: Delegates From Over 18 Nations Arrive Nigeria / Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" / Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Archbishop OKOH Charges Delegates At #DIVCCON2016 by IBpaul(m): 11:46pm On Nov 10, 2016
#SLAYfear #ISLAYfear

"Nigerians are living in perpetual fear" - The Rt. Reverend Nicholas Okoh, Primate, Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) at #DIVCCON2016.

The Primate made this remark at the Sixth Edition of the Divine Commonwealth Conference (DIVCCON), with the theme, ”Fear Not” on Monday 7th November, in Abuja.

He stated that the fact of events available had left the ordinary man with no option than to be afraid.

The things that make Nigerians to live in perpetual fear include (but are not limited to) the following:

1. The people’s perception of the inclination of the present administration.

2. The direction of the government was not clear on the issue of national unity: the actions of the government seems to sideline some and favour some.

3. The fear of Islamisation of the country: The selective governance style of the government, in which Muslims and Islamic issues are given priority exacerbates the fear the more.

He wondered how anyone could explain the call for full implementation of the Sharia criminal code on Nigeria’s legal system, in a country where you have Christians and people of other faith?

4. Fear of being murdered [I choose to put it that way because the fear of attacks by herdsmen is worse than fear of death: The Primate called on government to urgently address the menace of herdsmen attacks on farmers and communities by disarming them to allow people engage in agriculture effectively.

5. The fear of economic recession. [I should even call it fear of survival. "How man pikin to take survive for this kain country, for Christmas one bag of rice fit reach #40K"]

5.Fear of Niger Delta militancy

6. Fear of unemployment.

Etc

My thoughts:
But beloved, we need not fear. Instead, let's #slayfear

#IamPRINCE and I #Slay, I #SLAYfear #Islayfear

Dream BIG.
#SLAYfear
Live The Abundant Life

I value greatly.
With lots of love
... inspiring men to live The Abundant Life

PS: Beloved, I felt led to start the #Islayfear campaign. Please post on your timeline/wall:

I am PAUL (put your name) and I #SLAY, #Islayfear.

God bless you as you do so. Amen

www.divccon.org

(1) (Reply)

When It Seems All Hope Is Lost... / Symbolic Meanings Of The Human Hand / What My Generation Want To Hear Their Pastor Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.