Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,387 members, 7,954,564 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:24 PM

Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) (27812 Views)

Lagos Commissions Ojodu Berger Pedestrian Bridge As It Wears New Look / Benue State Government Commissions A Billboard / Abia Launches New Urban Taxi Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by damayor001(m): 4:55pm On Nov 11, 2016
hustlengetpaid:
former governor of enugu state and anambra bought cab for their state without putting their picture on the cab.what is wrong with this nigga
baba God bless you... why must his f**king fake smiling picture be on dat cab... eye service
Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by fof1: 4:56pm On Nov 11, 2016
obiremy:
IMO GOVT. TO CLEAR PENSIONS
-As Governor Okorocha Commissions 500 Pieces Of Urban Taxi Cabs

Governor Rochas Okorocha has announced that the State Government has concluded plan to pay off all the pension arrears without further delay and explained that the delay in the payment of pensions was as a result of the astonishing rise in what the state was paying as pension.

Governor Okorocha gave the hint while commissioning 500 pieces of urban taxi cabs on Thursday, November 10, 2016 in Owerri explaining that by 2011 when he came in as governor, the state was paying N280 million at the end of each month as pensions but all of a sudden, the amount skyrocketed to N1.4 billion which has made it somewhat difficult for the state to pay considering also the salary burden of the state and what comes in as allocations.

He however remarked that part of the reason for the rise could be that most of the workers who returned from the old East Central State and other places to the state when the state was created in1976 must have retired, vis-a-vis the problems of ghost pensioners and padding, assuring that his government has decided to take the bull by the horn by paying off the pensions.

His words, “the state has no problem with the payment of workers in the state. We have paid salary upto the month of October. Any worker in the state who claims that he or she has not been paid upto October or that he or she is owed salary is a thief. Our only challenge now is the issue of pension. And we have resolved to deal with the issue once and for all. I do not want to owe these senior citizens in my time. We are going to get them paid”.

Commissioning the taxi cabs, Governor Okorocha said the government has embarked on the Imo taxi scheme in the spirit of job creation and urban renewal policies of the administration, and stated that the scheme would offer Imo youths jobs both directly and indirectly.

According to the governor, with the level of development in the state, it would not be good for visitors or tourists to the state to be moving in old cabs, and that with the beautification of Owerri, the State Capital and the urban renewal initiatives of the administration, the government decided to procure the taxi cabs, starting with the 500 pieces available for commissioning.

He said more five hundred pieces will soon be procured, and also recalled that the government had recently commissioned some buses to for Owerri the State capital and environs, all in line with the desire of the government to develop the state.

He asked for the cooperation and understanding of Imo people.

Sam Onwuemeodo
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor

1. The 500 pieces of Urban Taxi Cabs commissioned on Thursday, November 10, 2016 by Governor Rochas Okorocha in Owerri, in line with the Urban renewal policy of the State Government.

2. Governor Rochas Okorocha cutting the tap, to commission the 500 pieces of Urban Taxi Cabs, on Thursday, November 10, 2016 in Owerri, in line with the Urban Renewal policy of the State Government.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/okorocha-commissions-500-pieces-of.html

PLS COUNT IT VERY WELL AND CONFIRM ITS 500, because THIS GUY IS FOND OF BANDING FIGURES...
Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 11, 2016
Misplaced priorities...

Okorocha was paying students money to go to school... Money that he would have used to train teachers.

Most of these students even after secondary school still can't read and write. What is now the essence?

Governor Okorocha bought 500 taxis.. To ply which road? Owerri to Ihiagwa abi Owerri to Nworubi?

Imo state needs good roads biko

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 11, 2016
I hate this thing they do,why do they print their pics on every thing they commission as if it's their personal money they used to commission it,something that should be their normal responsibility to create in the first place.
Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by moshino(m): 5:12pm On Nov 11, 2016
Brigham:
I don't know why Igbos hate this illustrious son of theirs and praise Azikwe and Ojukwu.

Rochas is simply following their footsteps, Azikwe once allied with the north and was a supporter of one Nigeria.

Ojukwu was a member of NPN, Okorocha is a member of APC, why the hate?

The dislike (NOT HATE) for Rochas has nothing to do with his party affiliations, or lack thereof. It has to do with the fact that he has NOT performed in Imo State, but he has a massive propaganda apparatus that sings his praises every second, venture to visit Imo State and see things for yourself, do not make uninformed assumptions. He plays politics of division in Imo State, he runs Imo state as an emperor rather than a leader who listens to, and carries everybody along. Ngige is also APC, but people love him for what he did in Anambra state while he was governor briefly, and his works there speak for themselves. If you read your history, you'll quickly find out that Igbos have traditionally had very strong alliance with the North more than anyone else, and still do. All the major Northern politicians have more personal friends in SE than anywhere else.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by Doug07034780891(m): 5:14pm On Nov 11, 2016
At times I wonder if it is the same Okorocha or Imo state all of us know. Why you hate the truth with all your life amazes me. You can compare Okorocha with his fellow failed charlatans former Imo state governors but not SE governors whether past nor present. Never dare say it again in your miserable life!!!

[s]
Abagworo:

It annoys me extremely when any human being with brain dares compare Okorocha with any Governor in the history of Southeast. None has been committed to governance like Okorocha. I repeat none. Both Sullivan and Peter Obi ruled between 2007 and 2014 when oil was at its peak while Okorocha enjoyed 3 years of 2011 to 2014 before the recession started but that not withstanding he performed way better in his 1st 4 years that people like you compare it with 8 years of others. If you doubt me open a thread let us list their respective projects.

A man who forfeited his security votes and parts of monthly allocation and you accuse him of looting. God will punish you for that lie. He could easily stop the free education and pocket the billions monthly like some other Governors.
[/s]
Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by jinxet2000: 5:38pm On Nov 11, 2016
Good move but some good moves are better time and opportunity based.
I would have thought he bought IVM (innoson motors) or mix the brands Innoson & KIA to patronize our products. In the USA, government and companies buy only made-in-USA vehicles. I'm not comparing but I am seeing it as a marketing and promoting strategy. This will even help compare the quality of IVM motors based on which brands outlived the other and cost of maintenance.
Secondly, giving reasons why he does not pay pension is preposterous. If he thinks ghost workers and immigrants caused the increase, let it be certain. He can't come to public and be doing guess work. Once he is certain he should fix it by prioritizing the expenses. Pay salaries and pensions then what remains, use for projects. After all, you have life and strength before you can do anything else.
Meanwhile, Taxi drivers "Aka Nchawa" for you all. I do not mean graduates ooo!

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by Abagworo(m): 5:59pm On Nov 11, 2016
Doug07034780891:
At times I wonder if it is the same Okorocha or Imo state all of us know. Why you hate the truth with all your life amazes me. You can compare Okorocha with his fellow failed charlatans former Imo state governors but not SE governors whether past nor present. Never dare say it again in your miserable life!!!

[s][/s]

Okorocha built 300 schools and 800km of roads in 4 years. Well everyone is entitled to his opinion.
Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by Abagworo(m): 6:03pm On Nov 11, 2016
Weselion:
Misplaced priorities...

Okorocha was paying students money to go to school... Money that he would have used to train teachers.

Most of these students even after secondary school still can't read and write. What is now the essence?

Governor Okorocha bought 500 taxis.. To ply which road? Owerri to Ihiagwa abi Owerri to Nworubi?

Imo state needs good roads biko

Imo State has good roads and the roads are being expanded to accomodate the recent high influx of people.
Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by Doug07034780891(m): 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2016
Bia this old man stop being silly and stupid at the same time! Where are the roads and schools? Now listen carefully, I careless about your Imo state and it's people, I only came in here because you mentioned Obi. I careless if you are the only Imolite who does not want to face reality and stop living in denial because it is not my business as I am only interested in my own state and careless if you all die nor live in your own state! Even the feedbacks by your fellow Imolites on this thread alone says it all..

[s]
Abagworo:

Okorocha built 300 schools and 800km of roads in 4 years. Well everyone is entitled to his opinion.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by ddolaa(m): 6:19pm On Nov 11, 2016
am sure okorocha would b running 4 senator, if not president, sometimes soon, with all of dis showoff he's doin
Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:51pm On Nov 11, 2016
Abagworo:

It annoys me extremely when any human being with brain dares compare Okorocha with any Governor in the history of Southeast. None has been committed to governance like Okorocha. I repeat none. Both Sullivan and Peter Obi ruled between 2007 and 2014 when oil was at its peak while Okorocha enjoyed 3 years of 2011 to 2014 before the recession started but that not withstanding he performed way better in his 1st 4 years that people like you compare it with 8 years of others. If you doubt me open a thread let us list their respective projects.

A man who forfeited his security votes and parts of monthly allocation and you accuse him of looting. God will punish you for that lie. He could easily stop the free education and pocket the billions monthly like some other Governors.

I wish you worse curse than you ever wished me...

I won't indulge you just like I have always ignored your dirty rants and schizophrenic opinions...

How much was oil between 2006 & 2011 when Rochas came in... Compare same with now...Oil sells for like $50dollars now while it sold for like $21 dollars around 2006 etc...Nigeria currency is denominated in naira meaning that Rochas has more naira to spend now than any government of the past...

Where is the free education ? Which school doesn't pay for fees in Imo today? Rochas keeps scamming Imo even in awarding fake projects using his Roche Group of scammers company...What happened to Imo state allocation?

Imo state receives MORE allocation than Anambra and Enugu state put together...What did Rochas do with his 13% derivation fund? Federal allocation? ecological fund? Why is he running to mount rescue mission signpost on NDDC projects? Ministry of ND projects? He's a scammer supported ONLY by thieves, nincompoops, sadists, and looters...

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2016
Abagworo:

I won't indulge you just like I have always ignored your dirty rants and schizophrenic opinions...

How much was oil between 2006 & 2011 when Rochas came in... Compare same with now...Oil sells for like $50dollars now while it sold for like $21 dollars around 2006 etc...Nigeria currency is denominated in naira meaning that Rochas has more naira to spend now than any government of the past...

Where is the free education ? Which school doesn't pay for fees in Imo today? Rochas keeps scamming Imo even in awarding fake projects using his Roche Group of scammers company...What happened to Imo state allocation?

Imo state receives MORE allocation than Anambra and Enugu state put together...What did Rochas do with his 13% derivation fund? Federal allocation? ecological fund? Why is he running to mount rescue mission signpost on NDDC projects? Ministry of ND projects? He's a scammer supported ONLY by thieves, nincompoops, sadists, and looters...

No need replying me because I will ignore...
Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by Danpotter(m): 7:30pm On Nov 11, 2016
No be money person go take buy am , nonsense. May God of tb Joshua avenge for ndi imo
Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by missnennyg(f): 7:58pm On Nov 11, 2016
Foolish man.instead of clearing de heap of dirt everywhere nd repairing de roads u damaged ur busy destroying OWERRI for us causing more harm Dan good nd busy buying taxi painting ur face on dem so outsiders wil praise u while u Kill us.God will punish u!ode

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 11, 2016
Rochas is a criminal period! Imolites know better. He is the worst governor since the state was created in. 1976.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by Abagworo(m): 8:42pm On Nov 11, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

Bold faced liars like you deserve the hangman's rope. Okorocha became Governor in 2006 according to your wicked soul and has ruled for 10 years. I don't belong to that class of liars and political jobbers but I must tell you this truth that Imo State is the biggest construction site in the Southeast today if not Nigeria as a whole and gladly Okorocha is doing it without noticing blackmailers like you. The more he achieves the more you are pained.

Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:16pm On Nov 11, 2016
mrvitalis:
Seriously why used new imported cars. . Each of this cars are over 4 million.... That's over 6 cammry small lights clean toks and that will increase gge number of beneficiaries to 3000...

Must we always put our hands ro were we can't maintain... am very sure a 2001 toks cammry used for tax will outlive this cars .

Lol how will the state look is camry pencil light flood everywhere as Taxi? This look more presentable to customers.
Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by Trendirabingi: 9:47pm On Nov 11, 2016
Flets:
Folks who know Okorocha understands he is always up to something. Its funny that with a 3 year pension burden, over 8 months salary arrears, totally collapsed infrastructure (especially roads).... he embarked on these misplaced frauds.

First, there are no 500 cars anywhere even the pics prove it. Secondly, none of these cars will be on the road in two months. Okorocha only subsidized cars for his friends who will pick up and repaint for personal use in less than a month.
who u epp?, u don baff?
Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by Trendirabingi: 9:59pm On Nov 11, 2016
genghiskhan007:
They'll enjoy d taxi and still av effontery to call him okorawusa....iboingrates
my broda, its not an ibo thing, its in all tribes, some nigerians are just plain stu*pid..and relentless at it...
Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by okaforsamuel: 10:00pm On Nov 11, 2016
madridguy:
Governor Rochas Okorocha, South-East all time best politician. Long life the hero of SE, long life the greatest politician of iboland.

U re mentally detailed

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by okaforsamuel: 10:10pm On Nov 11, 2016
Anyone supporting dis mad Governor is as useless as him, imagine d fool vomiting dat he paid salaries up til Oct, smh, salaries dat were cut up to 50%,where re the good roads? Wait, wen did owerri become a tourist center? Rochas is useless... Nd if you support dis madness, u will never c good, if u support dis mad Governor, if his administration is suitable for u, den ur whole life will b like Okorocha administration.. Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by jaybim: 10:38pm On Nov 11, 2016
Why not innoson?
Shortsighted mofos
Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by Abagworo(m): 11:01pm On Nov 11, 2016
okaforsamuel:
Anyone supporting dis mad Governor is as useless as him, imagine d fool vomiting dat he paid salaries up til Oct, smh, salaries dat were cut up to 50%,where re the good roads? Wait, wen did owerri become a tourist center? Rochas is useless... Nd if you support dis madness, u will never c good, if u support dis mad Governor, if his administration is suitable for u, den ur whole life will b like Okorocha administration.. Nonsense

If Owerri is not tourist center where in Nigeria is? Stop the hate and accept the simple truth except perhaps maybe you've never been there. Nowhere in the Southeast and South south including Port Harcourt happens like Owerri.
Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by AnthonyAk(m): 4:56am On Nov 12, 2016
Should havw given the contract to innosun
Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by phillthy(m): 6:18am On Nov 12, 2016
Why did he not patronize IVM. Innoson Motors.
I am deeply sad
Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by datigboguy(m): 7:49am On Nov 12, 2016
mrvitalis:
Seriously why used new imported cars. . Each of this cars are over 4 million.... That's over 6 cammry small lights clean toks and that will increase gge number of beneficiaries to 3000...

Must we always put our hands ro were we can't maintain... am very sure a 2001 toks cammry used for tax will outlive this cars .

Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by kolaaderin: 9:04am On Nov 12, 2016
Flets:
Folks who know Okorocha understands he is always up to something. Its funny that with a 3 year pension burden, over 8 months salary arrears, totally collapsed infrastructure (especially roads).... he embarked on these misplaced frauds.

First, there are no 500 cars anywhere even the pics prove it. Secondly, none of these cars will be on the road in two months. Okorocha only subsidized cars for his friends who will pick up and repaint for personal use in less than a month.

The haters are here, he said no worker is been hold any salary, where have u got UR own information of 8 months arrears, we all knew that picture is not shown even more than 50 cars, our journalist sure knows how to share sensational news turning 50 to 500 after adding extra zero to the actual digits.
Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by roccu: 6:26pm On Nov 13, 2016
God bless my governor and my state ... kudos
Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by keyremotes(m): 6:44pm On Nov 13, 2016
hustlengetpaid:
former governor of enugu state and anambra bought cab for their state without putting their picture on the cab.what is wrong with this nigga
VANITY UPON VANITY. PRIDE GOES BEFORE A FALL. MEANWHILE IT IS NOT HIS MONEY O.
Re: Okorocha Commissions 500 Urban Taxi Cabs(photos) by ngezeck(m): 12:00pm On Dec 19, 2017
i am a copper dat will b passing out January and I need a car for higher purchase, I stay in IMO state close to owerri, if any pls call me 08035226070

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Achuba Sworn-In At Yahaya Bello's Home / Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) / EndSARS Riots: Sanwo-Olu In TVC, Consoles Management And Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.