Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:03 AM

Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. (782 Views)

Nigeria’s Population Now 193.3 Million, Kano Leading Lagos With 526,294 – Nbs / By NBS Estimates, Nigeria’s Population Now 193.3 Million. Kano State Leads / Nigerian Population Hits 182 Million, With Widening Youth Bulge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. by Urukpe: 8:19am On Nov 11, 2016
The Director-General of National Population Commission, NPC, Ghaji Bello, has said Nigeria’s population was currently 182 million, with more than half its people under 30 years of age. According to him, this puts a severe strain on a nation, with its slowing economy and declining revenue to provide enough schools and health facilities. Bello, who disclosed this in Abuja, said the latest estimate was based on the population of 140 million recorded in the last census a decade ago, using an annual growth rate of 3.5 percent weighed against other variables such as rising life expectancy and a declining infant mortality rate.

He said Nigeria, Africa’s most populous country, was witnessing a growing youth bulge, with those under 14 years accounting for more than 40 percent of its citizens. According to him, this is happening at a time the International Monetary Fund, IMF, has predicted that the nation’s gross domestic product will shrink 1.7 percent this year, the first full-year contraction in more than two decades. “The implication is that they are assets, they are the future of our country, but they are also liabilities. We need to know how to plan for their transition from youths to the next category. ‘’It has implications for education, health and security, particularly in our environment where you have a lot of unemployment,’’ Bello said. He said plans to hold a census this year were delayed by 2015 elections and a plunge in revenue due to low prices for crude, the country’s main export, and slashed output caused by militant attacks in the Niger Delta. “We’re hopeful the government will soon make a statement for the next exercise,” he said.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/nigerias-population-now-182-million-npc/
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. by thaoriginator: 8:20am On Nov 11, 2016
Na me be number 1
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 11, 2016
How did they arrive at the figures without head counts? Incompetent people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. by anigbogukelvin(m): 8:21am On Nov 11, 2016
Useless governments, and what have you done for the teaming population?
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:22am On Nov 11, 2016
North East ====== 43million

Northwest ======= 60million

NorthCentral ====== 30million

Southwest ========18million

Southeast ========= 20million

SouthSouth =========11million

Culled from Northern Population Council of Nigeria(NPC) 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. by Otutu1(m): 8:22am On Nov 11, 2016
185 million mumu
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. by prospero5(m): 8:22am On Nov 11, 2016
i tire for some people.

why will a poor man with a monthly income of not more than N20 000 have 6 kids?

i keep arguing that our problem is partly because of uncontrolled population.
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. by mrvitalis(m): 8:22am On Nov 11, 2016
Nigeria as a country is not more than 100 million people....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. by madridguy(m): 8:23am On Nov 11, 2016
With all those under age girls giving birth I won't be surprised if by 2020 we 200 Million.
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. by Tolexander: 8:29am On Nov 11, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
UN has made this below
29 July 2015 – The world's population is projected to reach 8.5 billion by 2030, 9.7 billion by 2050 and exceed 11 billion in 2100, with India expected to surpass China as the most populous around seven years from now and Nigeria overtaking the United States to become the world's third largest country around 35 years
Did UN make a head count in advance to know this?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. by stsinner: 8:31am On Nov 11, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
dont mind those people releasing fictitious figures. Anybody that believes Nigeria has a population of more 120m persons can believe his/her mother is a virgin. The same idiots will count their cattle during census.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. by Luckylife(m): 8:32am On Nov 11, 2016
Ok
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. by Arexit: 9:02am On Nov 11, 2016
mrvitalis:
Nigeria as a country is not more than 100 million people....

i'm with you, i believe we are somewhere between 80-90 million

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. by Goke7: 9:04am On Nov 11, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:

help me ask them o, especially in a country where we have no records of new births.

I hope its not one of those Political abracadabra again o!
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. by preetypam(f): 9:05am On Nov 11, 2016
na so...they have already started making plans for the next election
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. by sirfee(m): 9:13am On Nov 11, 2016
So what are you doing to control this population?what are you doing to improve the economy?All we want is a better Nigeria
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. by theSpark(m): 9:17am On Nov 11, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

This cannot be o. Are you sure of these?

Southwest cannot be 18m, I believe Lagos alone is about 15m the rest of the West 10m perhaps. These figures don't make sense jare. Political census perhaps.
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. by TheFreeOne: 9:21am On Nov 11, 2016
182 million and still counting....

And some men's prick go still dey raise anyhow for this recession? ...SMH

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. by Igboid: 9:27am On Nov 11, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

Looks like you swapped SS with SE.
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 11, 2016
Wasn't aware the country has a data base.

I'm wondering how they came up with those figures.

Looks like voodoo statistics to me.

Who are they fooling?
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. by blackfase(m): 10:22am On Nov 11, 2016
I wonder, very funny people lol. Even with the countings over the years, they dont have an accurate figure. This Nigerian public servants and politicians sef, all cursed to the pits of Hades.... smh

patriotic9jaboy:
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 182 Million —NPC. by Eastactivist: 12:13pm On Nov 11, 2016
But I thought boko haram has been killing?

Or are those people resurrecting

(1) (Reply)

Robert Mugabe World’s Oldest President, Won't Contest In 2018 Elections / THIEVES; Presidency, Govt Agencies Present Conflicting Figures On 180bn Virement / Photos: Fomer IGP, Etim Okon Inyang To Be Buried Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.