Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Do You Know How To Replace Your Faulty Usb Charging Cable With An Original? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do You Know How To Replace Your Faulty Usb Charging Cable With An Original? (1007 Views)

Why You Should Never Borrow Charging Cable From Someone Else / Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card / How To Identify An Original Power Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know How To Replace Your Faulty Usb Charging Cable With An Original? by optimised: 1:39pm On Nov 11, 2016
BACKGROUND
With my 4 years consistent experience with Android Phone, I have realised that a salient component of any smartphone that is often glossed over is the charging/data cable.
The Charging cable in most smartphones is usually a detachable cable capable of transmitting electric current for charging of the device and data among devices.
In practical use, the USB cable can wear out as a result of age, use, misuse, or physical damage.
Hitherto, the quality of cable did not so much matter to users because most smartphones then had just the basic charging circuits that just any average USB charging port of computer or charger can effortlessly charge. Then, one does not have to bother about the specification of the cable and other charging system. However, in recent years, with the introduction of quick/flash/pump charging systems on smartphones and tablets, and also the enclosure of larger batteries, it has necessitate the attendant upgrading of the specification of USB cables to be able to transmit more electric current, voltage and data per second.

USB CABLE CHARGING PROBLEMS:
Most times when we encounter difficulties in charging our phone, we usually suspect the phone charger or the charging port of the device and seem to ignore the cable as a culprit. The truth is that a faulty USB charging cable can be as frustrating as either a faulty charger or charging port. Consequently, it should be among the first suspect when phone charging problem arises. Try and use another USB cable with the charger to ascertain whether fault could be traced to the USB cable. A faulty cable restricts or prevents the smooth passage of current through it. Current is the amount of flow of electric power in this context.

REPLACEMENT OF FAULTY CHARGING CABLES
My observation over the years is that efforts are usually geared towards trading with original phone with little thought spared on maintenance: usually OEM spare parts (original). Ditto for charging USB cables. Based on my personal observation, and the bare truth be told, there is no original USB Charging cable in the open phone accessories market in Nigeria, expect few very dealership shops.
The one accessory dealers poses as original with price in thousands of Naira, still are not. This now leads to how to identify original USB Cable.

IDENTIFICATION OF ORIGINAL USB CABLE
1. Packaging: this plays an important part. The name of the supplier/manufacturer has to be inscribed on the package, possibly with full address, phone, and email contact.
2. Warranty: all original cables have enforceable warranty stated on the pack. In event of defect, a replacement would be provided within the assured warranty period. Usually, the client pays delivery fee for free replacement.
3. Quality of the cable: with deep discerning skill, one can ascertain a good quality cable from the packaging and finishing of the cable. Most good cables uses copper or alloy for the wire and the tips are high quality alloys or medical grade steel. The micro USB end of the cable, latch tightly into the device's port, when plugged in.
4. Quick Charge: a recent original USB Cable will have capacity to transmit higher than average current to enable faster charging of connected devices. This will be more apparent when charging Power Banks, Phones with large mAh batteries, devices with Quick or flash charge features. I have an experience of reducing powerbank's charging duration from 20 hours to 11 hours just by changing the worn old cable to a speed charge capable cable type.
4. Seller's know-how and credibility: this is crucial in the sense that many dealers sells substandard products because they sincerely don't know how to identify the authentic or where to actually source it from. They buy what they see and sell. This is where research plays a crucial part.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know How To Replace Your Faulty Usb Charging Cable With An Original? by shedy03(m): 2:42pm On Nov 11, 2016
u asking or telling?
Re: Do You Know How To Replace Your Faulty Usb Charging Cable With An Original? by optimised: 11:49pm On Nov 12, 2016
shedy03:
u asking or telling?
Informing

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Tecno W4 Black For Sale Urgently!!! at 24,000naira / Pls Recommend A Good Phone For Me To Buy / Advice Needed: Should I Buy A UK Used Or New Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.