Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Top 6 Laptop Buying Guide In Nigeria - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Top 6 Laptop Buying Guide In Nigeria (519 Views)

HP 3115M 11.6" Laptop For Sale / HP Probook 6545b 15.6" Laptop 4gb Ram 320gb Hdd, Bluetooth / Sumec Firman Generator Buying Guide In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 6 Laptop Buying Guide In Nigeria by lastbaff(m): 2:43pm On Nov 11, 2016
With the advancement in technology, it is becoming compelling for everyone to own a Personal Computer (PC).

Because of their portability and cost effectiveness, laptops are preferable than desktop computers for video editing, graphic designing, and so on.

Whether you want a laptop for business purpose or for personal use, it is important you know what to consider when buying a laptop.

Below are the various laptop guides I have compiled for you to consider when buying a laptop.

6 Laptop Buying Guide

#1 Operating System (OS)
This is the medium of communication between the hardware and software.

Just like the various mobile phone operating systems like Symbian, Blackberry, and Android operating systems, the computer also has its own operating systems.

Without the OS, a computer is useless. Yes!

There are numerous computer operating systems but the most popular and ones I’ll recommend are; Windows, Linux, Macintosh, and Apple. Basically, the difference between them is the user experience.

Now, before you buy your next laptop or the first, consider one that is pre-installed with the OS that you desire.

#2 Random Access Memory (RAM)
RAM is a form of memory installed in a computer. Your purpose of use should determine what size you’ll go for. RAMs are of different capacities: 500MB, 2GB,4GB, 6GB and so on.

The higher the capacity, the faster the computer.

Now, let me break it down…

If you intend using your laptop solely for browsing, watching videos, typing, and viewing pictures, then, a laptop with a 32-bit operating system and 2GB RAM should be enough for you.

The good news is, you can still upgrade to 4GB in the future if need be.

For video editing, programming, and web designing, 64-bit operating system and at least 4GB RAM is highly recommended. This will make your work faster!

Note that more RAM means more power consumption. You may want to consider the battery type too. No worries, I will discuss batteries later.

#3 Hard Drive
This is where you save your videos, pictures, and audio files. While you might be considering a large-spaced hard drive, I implore you to focus on the speed rather than the size.

Hard drives come in various sizes (297GB, 320GB, 500GB, 720GB, etc) and speed (5400rpm, 7200rpm).

If you want a fast hard drive, choose 7200 revolutions per minute (rpm) rated one over 5400rpm.

Solid State Drives (SSDs) are the fastest drives that make your computer boot in a fraction of seconds. Although they are quite more expensive than the traditional hard drives, they come with less capacity.

But talking about speed, they are the fastest.

Click here to see the complete guide>> Top 6 Laptop Buying Guide in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Do You Love Online Trade? Why Dont You Have A Website Here / FG Wilson 20kva Soundproof Generator For Sale / Samsung Galaxy S6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.