Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,627 members, 7,851,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:32 PM

A Call For Equality In The Religion Section - By An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Call For Equality In The Religion Section - By An Atheist (575 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / For Fun - Popular Contributors To Religion Section / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1)

A Call For Equality In The Religion Section - By An Atheist by hahn(m): 10:09pm On Nov 11, 2016
There have actually been several threads on this issue.

The bone of contention, especially from the Christians, is the the "oath" you are supposed to give to be swear to to be able to comment on the Muslim section of the religion section and also the fact that the Muslims have a section all to themselves.

And the Christians also want theirs.

Even some atheist have also requested for theirs. The irony grin

For one reason or the other, Seun has refused to give in to any demands.

But I think I have a solution so that no one will feel threatened.

Seun should delete the religion section enitrely

Before you say ahhh, here are my reasons

1) There is no proof either god is real: In this country, you are either Muslim or Christian and there is no proof that either of their gods, Allah or Jehovah are real. If there is, I am yet to see any.

2) They disagree with each other: Even though they seem to tolerate each other and they will even go ahead to tell you that "Allah" and "Jehovah" simply mean "God" in Jewish or Arabic. Igbe Malu undecided But we all know that neither of them will pray to the other god and according to the Christians, all Muslims are going to hell for not believing in Christ and Muslims see the concept Christ as the sun, wink , of god to be deplorable.

Even here on nairaland, the insults traded between Christians and Muslims is totally alarming. I wonder if their god will be proud of them undecided

3) They are both full of lies: And I might add, stories for little kids. Flying horses, angels, virgin birth and other bullshit are fine when we admit, as adults, that they are fairytales and myths but when we start defending these lies that they are actually true, then we have a problem.

4) Religion has no benefits to Nigerians: Despite the fact we have a church or mosque on every street, we experience bombings, extra judicial killings, rapes, murders, looting of public funds by corrupt leaders(often endorsed by pastors and imams), lack of infrastructure etc

Religion divides us. Christians have over 33,000 denominations and feel every other denomination is going to hell and the Sunnis and Shiites love cutting each other's throats. It is not bad enough that we have been unable to unite because of tribalism, we just have to add religion to the mix. So, after deciding what village I am from, we will have to then confirm my religion and if I am either RCCG, Chosen or JW.

A country whose citizens cannot unite on common grounds can never excel

With all that said, it is safe to say religion is bullshit and should be thrown in the dustbin of ancient and savage beliefs. And should also be banned from nairaland.

Although I will miss the arguments and the futile attempts by theists to defend their fairy tales grin

My 1 kobo

12 Likes 10 Shares

Re: A Call For Equality In The Religion Section - By An Atheist by Seun(m): 10:12pm On Nov 11, 2016
Funny. But distracting.

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1)

What Should I Do? Am Perplexed / Igbos Cannot Stay In Nigeria - Prophet Nwoko. / Mssn Oau Jihad Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.