Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

How To Make A Phone Fast. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Make A Phone Fast. (1046 Views)

Sell Your Phone Fast Here / Who Has Used A Phone With A Very Long Lasting Battery? / Suggest A Phone I can Buy For 30k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make A Phone Fast. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 11, 2016
My infinix Note 2 with one gig ram and 16gig internal memory is very slow. Though I have about 5gig memory free and I am not using a memory card.
Sometimes when I click on the menu, I takes like 40seconds to display.
The phone is just 10months old.
How do I solve this issue? I need help cos it's frustrating me.
Re: How To Make A Phone Fast. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2016
10 months old phone is no longer a “new phone", Nonetheless, you can still use it for a couple more years. The sources of that problem are the apps you have. Do you have data connection or WiFi networks on most of the times? if yes, then it's some rogue apps that are carrying out heavy background activity (syncing and refreshing) on the device causing the phone to act up. the number one culprit is the Facebook App, you might need to uninstall it and download a lighter app (Facebook Lite).

disable all active syncs on the device, and then limit the number of apps you multitask. Your phone should experience noticeable increase in speed after that.
Re: How To Make A Phone Fast. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 12, 2016
adeboyewareez:
10 months old phone is no longer a “new phone", Nonetheless, you can still use it for a couple more years. The sources of that problem are the apps you have. Do you have data connection or WiFi networks on most of the times? if yes, then it's some rogue apps that are carrying out heavy background activity (syncing and refreshing) on the device causing the phone to act up. the number one culprit is the Facebook App, you might need to uninstall it and download a lighter app (Facebook Lite).

disable all active syncs on the device, and then limit the number of apps you multitask. Your phone should experience noticeable increase in speed after that.
how do I disable all active syncs
Re: How To Make A Phone Fast. by Dandsome: 5:59pm On Nov 12, 2016
Rainjames:
My infinix Note 2 with one gig ram and 16gig internal memory is very slow. Though I have about 5gig memory free and I am not using a memory card.

Hmm 10months is quite long o, that's the issue with androids, constantly clear background apps
Re: How To Make A Phone Fast. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 12, 2016
Rainjames:
how do I disable all active syncs

Go to settings, then to ‘accounts' , tap the three dots on top right corner of the screen. then you turn off auto-syncs

1 Like

Re: How To Make A Phone Fast. by ayeeshaapink: 11:30pm On Nov 18, 2016
Who needs methodology of making phone fast when you got Super smart phones like Tecno mobile? grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Make A Phone Fast. by saibinc(m): 1:37am On Nov 19, 2016
Rainjames:
This is a simple issue. The phone is simply lagging. Boot the phone to recovery and clear cache from there. Or, alternatively, go to Settings >> Installed Apps >> Clear each app cache from there.

I'm sure it will be fine. Not sure how to do that? See here: ArykTECH Android Phone Solutions
Re: How To Make A Phone Fast. by baba4thegehs: 11:18am On Nov 19, 2016
Rainjames:
Bros that's one predominant issue with Android phones, you can't escape it if you like use all the apps or ram boosters in the world.

What I do is that I do Factory Wipe on my Phone intermittently say every 7-8months. And it get that smooth feel afterwards.
Re: How To Make A Phone Fast. by Franky826: 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2016
This thing na small matter na.

Make sure your app storage location is actually the 16GB phone space. Meanwhile which heavy apps do you have that are relatively useless for you? Check and get rid of them.

But I'd advice you ROOT your phone. So you can be able to uninstall any app at all on the phone even the inbuilt ones. Use apps like greenify, SD maid etc ,to free your phone without stress.

But you can also try using es file explorer and SD maid free versions to manage your files and free up space.

Good luck

(1) (Reply)

Android Phone With Keypad / Pool Of The Week. How Much Data Do You Use Each Month? / How to create a WhatsApp group link

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.