Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,308 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Short Story 'goodnight' - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short Story 'goodnight' (470 Views)

Goodnight My Beloved Grandma (for Elizabeth Ugoeze Nwadinobi) / Goodnight Ochanya / Goodnight My Beloved Grandma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Short Story 'goodnight' by HelenaG(f): 1:07am On Nov 12, 2016
"My angel" Bisi thought as she gazed upon her sleeping 13 month old infant while he napped. Exhausted, after cleaning the house and cooking. She lay at the edge of the bed, and quickly fell asleep.

Five minutes later, she felt tiny fingers touching her face. A soft slap on her cheek followed. She covered her face with her right hand, and turned her back to him. She smiled to herself when she heard him crawling to the other side of the bed.

Suddenly, silent footsteps approached. "Hopefully, he wants to pick up his water bottle" she prayed. His soft tiny hands pulled her hand away from her face. Not getting a response, he pressed his index finger into her eye. Finally, he pried her eyelid open, then laughed.

"This boy! This boy!" Bisi chuckled. She lifted him up and tickled him as they laughed. She kissed his tiny feet as she picked him up and walked to the kitchen.

She dropped him on the floor for a minute to serve his dinner. He threw the cutlery tray on the floor, then removed the frying pan from the cupboard. "This boy! This boy!" She said whisking him off to the living room.

He hardly stayed still during dinner, then he ran the living room aground as she studied for an examination.
The boy ran to his father squealing when he arrived home. He took him up in his arms and gave him a hug.

Glancing at the chaos in the room, he said to her "You have been home all day and the house looks like this? What have you been doing?"

She took a deep breath, lifted herself from the chair and said "Goodnight"

She barely heard him say "ahhnn ahhnn, I was only joking now..."

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Just Wrote This Poem, What'd You Think? Add Yours / Google Eulogizes Flora Nwapa On Her 86th Posthumous Birthday / Book Excerpt - Night Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.