Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,419 members, 7,861,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:59 AM

Powerful Photos That Will Change The Way You See The World - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Powerful Photos That Will Change The Way You See The World (712 Views)

20 Pre-wedding Photos That Shut Down The Internet / 6 Powerful New Year Resolution Ideas That Will Change Your Life For Good / These Images Will Surely Change The Way You View The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Powerful Photos That Will Change The Way You See The World by midolian(m): 9:27am On Nov 12, 2016
If a picture speaks a thousand words, these photos certainly have a lot to say. The eyes are the windows to the soul and in the following pictures, the viewer is treated to a deeply personal experience with each one. What can't be summed up in words somehow still comes through when you see the subject's eyes and they'll leave a lasting impression you won't soon forget!

Kyle Hockenberry: The Man Who Lived Up To His Tattoo

Private First Class Kyle Hockenberry's military tattoo proved to be more true than most out there. While on a mission with his team -- 1st Infantry Division – on June 15th in Afghanistan, an explosive went off, taking both of Kyle's legs and his right arm.

He had joined the military after being out of high school for just four months and was shipped overseas not much longer after that out of Fort Riley, Kansas. Against all odds, Kyle is still going strong. The doctors managed to keep his tattoo intact through all of the reconstructive surgeries.

Re: Powerful Photos That Will Change The Way You See The World by LadyAnn(f): 9:38am On Nov 12, 2016
You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Powerful Photos That Will Change The Way You See The World by midolian(m): 9:50am On Nov 12, 2016
Terri Gurrola Is Tearfully Reunited With Her Daughter

In 2007, Terri Gurrola was forced to face her worst fear – leaving her 2-year-old daughter behind to go fight in Iraq. After seven long months, Terri was reunited with her daughter, who she feared might forget who she was. To her great happiness, her daughter didn't forget who she was. All she would say was, "Mommy, I missed you!" over and over again.

Everyone in the airport, men included, as Terri reported, broke out in tears seeing the mother and her daughter reunited. Terri now has a son and lives with them in North Korea where she is still a medical doctor in the military.

Re: Powerful Photos That Will Change The Way You See The World by midolian(m): 9:56am On Nov 12, 2016
The Wife Of The Late Lt. James Cathey Sleeps With Him One Last Time

Lt. James Cathey of the United States Marine Corps was killed while on a tour in Iraq. He had only been there for a month when an explosive took his life. His wife, Katherine Cathey, who was pregnant when he died, laid by his side one last time before his funeral

Other marines set up a bed for Katherine around her late husband's casket so she could rest in peace. Before she laid to sleep, she played songs that reminded her of him. The marines guarded her during the entire night, per her request. She felt her husband would have preferred it that way.

Re: Powerful Photos That Will Change The Way You See The World by midolian(m): 10:05am On Nov 12, 2016
The Horrors Of The Kosovo And The Story Of A Boy Who Made It Out Alivee

The Kosovo War was a year-long war. During that time, concentration camps were put together. The KLA abducted women, children, and even men from villages throughout Serbia. One of the abducted children was 2-year-old Agim Shala, who was eventually rescued by his grandparents. Many of the other abducted children did not make it out of the camps alive.

The people who were stuck in the camps were interrogated, tortured, and left to die. Some people were even said to have had their organs removed there. Only the extremely strong were able to power through what went on there.

Re: Powerful Photos That Will Change The Way You See The World by midolian(m): 10:07am On Nov 12, 2016
The Horrific Reaction Of A Man Who Just Learned His Brother Had Been Killed

In San Jose, California, a young teen is killed just after school let out. He was stabbed to death – the second teen to be stabbed in two weeks in the area. Medical staff arrived to give him CPR, but failed to save his life.

Sgt. Rick Delisser is assigned the duty of watching over the dead teen's older brother, who is in heretics after learning his brother has been murdered. "That's my little baby brother. He has a father; he has a mother. I helped raise him," he screamed to officers at the surrounding scene.

(1) (Reply)

CCTV Captured Man Stealing Food Items In Shoprite Owerri {photo} / Congratulations To Dr. Elo Afoka. / This Building Is Just Like Mmm(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.