Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Diamond Bank Staff In Court Over $1m Fraud - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Diamond Bank Staff In Court Over $1m Fraud (15243 Views)

Stanbic IBTC Bank Staff In School Uniforms To Mark Customer Service Week. / Diamond Bank Staff Wear School Uniforms To Celebrate Children's Day (Photos) / Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Court Over $1m Fraud by kings09(m): 8:30am On Nov 13, 2016
Am sure u knw wat I mean. The same zeal they use to prosecute n jail criminal ordinary shld also be deployed to top corrupt politicians.
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

SO they should have let him go with the $1million fraud then because he is an ordinary Nigeria?
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Court Over $1m Fraud by domopps(m): 8:32am On Nov 13, 2016
amtaken:
I was absent from here for weeks. I was busy with Donald and Ivanka Trump on Instagram. I wish a mod would ban me so that I can go back to Instagram and continue to dine with the high and mighty all over the world. Nairaland is becoming too local for me. You guys gotta find a way of globalizing this shit. I am tired of all the tribal bashing here. Even Aisha Buhari is my good friend on insta. Her young photographer daughter even follows me back. Bye local champs. See you all next year I feel like it. I am outta here.

@least Buhari can rest from your day to day bashing .............

Cheers
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Court Over $1m Fraud by aameyah(f): 8:35am On Nov 13, 2016
Built2last:
Let me educate some ignorant minds before you try these two and sentence them in your mind as always.

FX racketeering is done by all banks in Nigeria and CBN is the chief in this business.

Going by what they are charged for on deposits. We have the NFIU, Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit. All banks are to install this tracker on their system to notify EFCC of any amount exceeding 10, 000 USD.

Did Diamond bank install that on their system?
Did it notify EFCC?

Babatunde being a marketer I know goes out to bring in money for the bank.

It's not his duty to know how much a customer paid into that account. Arresting him now for being an account officer is bad on the part of EFCC.

EFCC should go after Diamond bank that accepted the money and not a bloody marketer.

I am sure when Tunde informed his boss that a million dollars has been brought in by one if his customers. Adamu. They must have celebrated him and called him a performer. Now things have gone sour and it's the officer managing the account you see EFCC harassing. .

I write this because many bank staff looking for daily bread are in EFCC net for simply being marketers.

I approach you to open account with the bank not me. You open with 30k. ..Two weeks after you deposit or wire 1 million dollars into the account. The officer who went to open account is pushed to face EFCC. Instead of the bank enjoying the float and interest on the account to face EFCC. They push the marketers to face the music.

Who broke the law quoted above? is it not the bank? This law is displayed boldly ib the banking hall of every bank. Why did Diamond bank accept the money in the first place? This is why I left banking

You have simply said it all.
If you don't pull the numbers, you are shredded in your morning meetings.
You pull the numbers and when there's wahala you are told you are supposed to monitor your accounts, do due diligence and report suspicious monies.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Court Over $1m Fraud by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:47am On Nov 13, 2016
kings09:
Am sure u knw wat I mean. The same zeal they use to prosecute n jail criminal ordinary shld also be deployed to top corrupt politicians.

FG and the EFCC are ready to use that, It was the corrupt judges your and your likes support everyday that are to be be blame. Can EFCC arrest and jail criminal without the judges so your likes will start calling buhari another name tyranny.
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Court Over $1m Fraud by hayor2014(m): 8:56am On Nov 13, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:

The banking industry In Nigeria itself is the biggest fraud. Wonder why they declare billions in profit after tax despite economic recession? They buy the dollars at official rate and sell at neck stiff prices. So many hidden charges u didn't bargain for. Deposit N10,000 today, before 24hrs your balance will be N9,970.25k. Irresponsible rates on fixed deposit which equates to cheating and so on.

Despite this they keep paying peanuts. Why their staff no go steal?

It's quite obvious you know nothing about the financial system or market , your statement is laced with ignorance.Banks cannot sell FX above a particular spread, fixed deposit rates are benchmarked, and charges are monitored by CBN for which banks are heavily penalised, where default is observed.
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Court Over $1m Fraud by GoodSide: 9:09am On Nov 13, 2016
ive lost couple of thousands on my account buh dont pay much attention cause its a weak loss.
20k,15k,5k..
im making tripple already.
xo i see them as shiiit.

today im expecting transfer worth 1.7mil.

yahoo 4 life bro

dollars keep rising.
while niggiz like me keep smiling

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Court Over $1m Fraud by adellam16(f): 9:14am On Nov 13, 2016
legibow:
The bank , it's self need to be sued... What's a bank doing in an uncompleted build... No standard
see talk? Those it affect their services or is d bank itself uncompleted?

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Court Over $1m Fraud by makdcash(m): 9:18am On Nov 13, 2016
Afonjas...and stealing be like

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Court Over $1m Fraud by law001(m): 9:53am On Nov 13, 2016
Built2last:
Let me educate some ignorant minds before you try these two and sentence them in your mind as always.

FX racketeering is done by all banks in Nigeria and CBN is the chief in this business.

Going by what they are charged for on deposits. We have the NFIU, Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit. All banks are to install this tracker on their system to notify EFCC of any amount exceeding 10, 000 USD.

Did it notify EFCC?

It's not his duty to know how much a customer paid into that account. Arresting him now for being an account officer is bad on the part of EFCC.

EFCC should go after Diamond bank that accepted the money and not a bloody marketer.

I am sure when Tunde informed his boss that a million dollars has been brought in by one if his customers. Adamu. They must have celebrated him and called him a performer. Now things have gone sour and it's the officer managing the account you see EFCC harassing. .

I write this because many bank staff looking for daily bread are in EFCC net for simply being marketers.

I approach you to open account with the bank not me. You open with 30k. ..Two weeks after you deposit or wire 1 million dollars into the account. The officer who went to open account is pushed to face EFCC. Instead of the bank enjoying the float and interest on the account to face EFCC. They push the marketers to face the music.

Who broke the law quoted above? is it not the bank? This law is displayed boldly ib the banking hall of every bank. Why did Diamond bank accept the money in the first place? This is why I left banking

Exactly what played out bro. Exactly.
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Court Over $1m Fraud by kings09(m): 10:17am On Nov 13, 2016
Did u read whr I said 'prosecute n jail'. Buhari is simply overrated n I kip sayin it, till 2019, he doesn't hv d will to jail any politician.
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

FG and the EFCC are ready to use that, It was the corrupt judges your and your likes support everyday that are to be be blame. Can EFCC arrest and jail criminal without the judges so your likes will start calling buhari another name tyranny.
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Court Over $1m Fraud by histemple: 10:58am On Nov 13, 2016
Built2last:

Did it notify EFCC?

If you were a banker, you would read in-between the lines to understand why the Head of Operations that accepted the deposit wasn't arrested, or the Internal Systems Control team wasn't invited.

First, almost all account officers have taken FX sales as an occupation. You need to see how these marketers put unnecessary pressure on the Operations unit to allow certain transactions fly. They mischievously advice the customers on how to beat the bank's policies.

Again, account officers check their balance sheet every morning and do, this guy can't feign ignorance of this premeditated breach
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Court Over $1m Fraud by histemple: 11:04am On Nov 13, 2016
obiaguna:

I read the story and I was still searching for what can actually be termed as "money laundering". This is just wretched journalism.
I would term these banks as callous if this is what they actually do. Hope the poor innocent man doesn't go behind bars. Shame on the opposing counsel for wanting to wrap this case up as soon as possible. Big shame. If only they can speedily go after the proper criminals (politicians) cos na for poor man body them dey sabi law.

It could have been easier to understand if you were a banker. Maybe you need to get a copy of the ALM Act 2011. That account officer was required to generate a CTR to EFCC in not more than 48hours of that transaction.
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Court Over $1m Fraud by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 11:13am On Nov 13, 2016
kings09:
Did u read whr I said 'prosecute n jail'. Buhari is simply overrated n I kip sayin it, till 2019, he doesn't hv d will to jail any politician.

You said prosecute and jail and who will jail the politicians? Who will deleiver judgement is not the judges and those are the corrupt once... Did you see what happen to Ofili Ajumogobia or what's her name again? Can what is happening to her happen in the past? She was ask to be in remand for 2 week with another SAN can that happen in the past? Our problems are the Judiciary and we are getting there soon.. All the FG have to do is arrest and arrange them to court and the judiciary have the right to sentence them and not Buhari.. Now tell how's is buhari fault is crinimal are not been sentence to jail? Do you want him to start arrest and jail them all by himself?
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Court Over $1m Fraud by DedeNkem: 12:41pm On Nov 13, 2016
legibow:
The bank , it's self need to be sued... What's a bank doing in an uncompleted build... No standard

Only happens in Nigeria. A very corrupt country where anything goes!
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Court Over $1m Fraud by Sunbellar: 9:45pm On Nov 13, 2016
amtaken:
I was absent from here for weeks. I was busy with Donald and Ivanka Trump on Instagram. I wish a mod would ban me so that I can go back to Instagram and continue to dine with the high and mighty all over the world. Nairaland is becoming too local for me. You guys gotta find a way of globalizing this shit. I am tired of all the tribal bashing here. Even Aisha Buhari is my good friend on insta. Her young photographer daughter even follows me back. Bye local champs. See you all next year I feel like it. I am outta here.
What's your instagram handle, I wana follow you!
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Court Over $1m Fraud by amtaken(f): 6:18pm On Nov 15, 2016
Sunbellar:

What's your instagram handle, I wana follow you!
Sure you wanna know?
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Court Over $1m Fraud by amtaken(f): 6:19pm On Nov 15, 2016
domopps:

@least Buhari can rest from your day to day bashing .............

Cheers
Buhari is my friend. Sush it.
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Court Over $1m Fraud by amtaken(f): 6:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
grin
Ramanto:

congratulations. now, everybody can rest.
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Court Over $1m Fraud by amtaken(f): 6:21pm On Nov 15, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:

Carry your wahala and go
cawoduu
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Court Over $1m Fraud by Sunbellar: 4:18am On Nov 16, 2016
amtaken:
Sure you wanna know?
Yeah

(1) (2) (Reply)

Traders Weep As Fire Guts Timber Market In Enugu / Developing A Company Profile And Writing A Business Proposal / SEC, NNPC, Top List Of Agencies Stealing Billions Of Federal Revenues - Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.