Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,944 members, 7,821,309 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup (8069 Views)

Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time / Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets / Isi Okporoko(stockfish) 4 Sale!!! Order Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by marylandcakes: 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2016
Ingredients

Various meat (I'm using chicken and goat meat for mine)
Kpomo or cow foot ( deboned)
Stock fish
Smoked fish

Melon seeds
Palm oil
Crayfish
Tomatoes
Chilli pepper
Onions
Garlic and ginger (optional)
Stock cubes
Bitter leaves
Kale leaves

1 Share

Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by marylandcakes: 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2016
Method
Perboil meat and stock fish
Wash melon, tomatoes, crayfish,smoked fish and chiil

Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by marylandcakes: 4:45pm On Nov 12, 2016
Place melon, tomatoes, pepper,crayfish and half onion in the blender and blend until smooth.

Please see detailed in video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM9YqN4NQkQ

Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by marylandcakes: 4:52pm On Nov 12, 2016
Add a tablespoon of palm oil to a clean dry pan
Add in sliced onions,chilli, garlic and ginger
Add stock cubes and stir
Add meat and stock fish continue to stir.

Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by marylandcakes: 4:58pm On Nov 12, 2016
Pour in blended melon and leave to simmer for about ten minutes before stirring

Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by marylandcakes: 5:03pm On Nov 12, 2016
Add in stock from the meat and stock fish stir and add in the bitter leaves and kale leaves.

Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by marylandcakes: 5:12pm On Nov 12, 2016
Add in smoked fish stir and leave to simmer for a further 10 minutes and it's ready.

This can be served with EBa pounded yam or any kind of fufu.

Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by Skanas(m): 5:58pm On Nov 12, 2016
What kind of "black" egwusi soup is dis? adding tomatoes to egwusi soup...dis one is new to me....I would have preferred using de local market women grinder to grind the egwusi seed...add it to the red oil allow to stand a few minutes while turning it before adding de boiled meat,water and other ingredients. That way my egwusi will come out in bold crystal forms and the soup yellowish in colour....
....well everybody get him method sha...Weldone op...

7 Likes

Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by marylandcakes: 8:02pm On Nov 12, 2016
Skanas:
What kind of "black" egwusi soup is dis? adding tomatoes to egwusi soup...dis one is new to me....I would have preferred using de local market women grinder to grind the egwusi seed...add it to the red oil allow to stand a few minutes while turning it before adding de boiled meat,water and other ingredients. That way my egwusi will come out in bold crystal forms and the soup yellowish in colour....
....well everybody get him method sha...Weldone op...

Like I said in my video, there are so many variations to Egusi soup depending on the region, mine is a bit darker because where I come from, we add a lot of leaves , bitter leaf. Also very little palm oil as too much palm oil is not very good for you as you can see it conceals when cold which is one of the characteristics of saturated oils.

I've seen people cook Egusi with no leaves, I can't eat that type. I recently saw a video of someone add egg. So like everything else in life. You can't convince a fish that there is a better place outside the water.

The lighting is also very poor. The video is much better. Please see below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM9YqN4NQkQ
Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by Rubyventures: 10:28am On Nov 16, 2016
@OP you need to do something to improve your lighting that makes a lot of difference.

1 Like

Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 16, 2016
Iru nni nkea ajoka undecided

2 Likes

Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by Rubyventures: 11:49am On Nov 16, 2016
Piercedclit:
Iru nni nkea ajoka undecided

In English please
Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by dacblogger: 6:31pm On Nov 16, 2016
Rubyventures:

In English please
The food is not enticing or the food is nt attractive to the eye.

2 Likes

Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by Rubyventures: 2:19pm On Nov 17, 2016
dacblogger:

The food is not enticing or the food is nt attractive to the eye.

The OP has already apologised for the poor picture quality its not easy to put out a video, some bloggers go to nick pictures off the internet.

1 Like

Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by marylandcakes: 8:41pm On Nov 17, 2016
Rubyventures:

The OP has already apologised for the poor picture quality its not easy to put out a video, some bloggers go to nick pictures off the internet.

Thanks, it is so very easy to criticise other people's work, the day black people start encouraging and supporting each other is the day Africans will start moving forward until then . They will remain on the back seat.

4 Likes

Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by Rubyventures: 11:31am On Nov 21, 2016
marylandcakes:

Thanks, it is so very easy to criticise other people's work, the day black people start encouraging and supporting each other is the day Africans will start moving forward until then . They will remain on the back seat.

Hear, hear. True words spoken.
Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 21, 2016
Rubyventures:

hello smiley
Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by Rubyventures: 11:54am On Nov 21, 2016
ItzMePuffPuff:
hello smiley

hello smiley How are you doing?
Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 21, 2016
Rubyventures:

hello smiley How are you doing?
Good
Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by marylandcakes: 12:08am On Nov 22, 2016
Rubyventures:

Thanks
Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by Rubyventures: 11:14am On Nov 22, 2016
marylandcakes:

Thanks

You are most welcome
Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by marylandcakes: 6:16pm On Nov 25, 2016
grin
Rubyventures:

You are most welcome

grin angry
Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by Rubyventures: 5:28pm On Nov 30, 2016
Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by marylandcakes: 8:15am On Dec 16, 2016
Rubyventures:

What's your query?
Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by businessMODE(m): 1:21pm On Dec 20, 2016
If you could have a ready-to-eat pot of soup shipped to you at your home simply by placing a web-order, would you take the offer? There is a Restaurants Near Me That Can Deliver Vegetable Soup To My Home In Abuja.

That’s exactly what the folks at [url=soupembassy.com/]Soup Embassy[/url] are offering. You can now order fresh soup online from Soup Embassy and get it delivered within hours. There cant be any better way to keep up with your busy schedule and still eat healthy than this. You get a pot delicious home made soup from Soup Embassy specially prepared to your specification.

According to their website, to order a pot of soup, you simply choose from a wide range of popular Nigerian soups and stews such as Efo riro, Egusi, Edikaikong, Afang, Okro, Ogbonno and get to pick “your choice of or a combination of beef, chicken, turkey” to go along with it – just as you would at your home kitchen.

Each pot is 4 litres of soup and costs between N8,500 and N10,500. For now the service is limited to Abuja but will move to Lagos, Port Hacourt, Ibadan and Benin City by January 2017.

Looking for >>> [url=soupembassy.com/]Restaurants Near Me That Can Deliver Vegetable Soup To My Home In Abuja[/url] ... Trust Soup Embassy.

Nope

Resturants Near Me That Can Deliver Vegetable Soup To My Home In Abuja
Re: Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup by marylandcakes: 9:09pm On Dec 20, 2016
Very good venture, the only problem is the hygiene conditions of the food preparations.

(1) (Reply)

Pls What Is The Yoruba Name For Tumeric / Food Inflation Rises To 21.79% In February 2021 (Highest In 15 Years) / Item Number Seven - Refreshments. How Come About It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.