Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,254 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. (5242 Views)

Interpol Rejects Iran’s Request For Trump Arrest / UN Jerusalem resolution: How each country voted / Nigerians "Voting" For Trump And Clinton In Port-Harcourt (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Badgers14: 3:32pm On Nov 13, 2016
missjo:

Actually, the beginning/history of Electoral Colleges is the only thing that is relevant to your argument.

And yea I know you read it from Google, mostly opinions from people who are calling for it to be scrapped.
There is no historical backing on the records to support the claim that it was invented because of slavery.

1. Electoral College system of voting is not unique to the United States.
2. The first country to make use of the system IS NOT the United States.
3. About 6 or 7 other countries including the kingdom of Prussia (present Germany, which has the earliest account and use of the system), have also made use of it at one time or the other.
4. Apart from the United States, none of these countries (including Prussia) are known to have a significant Slave population.

So how come it's only the US that's using the system because of slavery? undecided

Don't make an assumption on what you think i said or i was saying. When you throw an argument stay in line and don't deviate from it to make you sound intelligent undecided

All i said was that Clinton won popular votes, a per head per head vote. And Trump won By electoral college. So it is safe to throw in argument that he does not actually represent the choice of the American people since more individuals casted there votes, " individual votes" for Clinton.

Second, I was not arguing about which country started electoral college first. That's irrelevant.
I was trying to give another commenter a brief history on how it started in the united States.

Finally, when you google, almost all your results is pointing towards slavery story , that's why virgina have produced the most president in the U.S history.

Some timez you gotta put two and two together to understand politics. And Trump knew republicans don't think like that when he said this.....

1 Like

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Badgers14: 3:39pm On Nov 13, 2016
missjo:

LOL, and yet every time he went to the banks and big corporations to get loans or woo financiers, they kept giving him money.
He still remained a billionaire.

I didn't say he is infallible, I was trying to tell Seun that someone who is so easily manipulated does not become a billionaire. He is the one that has been manipulating the system and people,not the other way round.

To the bolded... That's sort of an irony... grin grin shows us that the system is very unfair. They want the rich to be richer and the poor poorer. If he was an average joe, he have to wait for 5 or 10years so that banks will not put that bankruptcy filing into consideration. And by then might have lost some of the business opportunities that he would have profited from.

1 Like

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by ycat: 3:50pm On Nov 13, 2016
Hehehe! Another wishy-washy term by you gaslighted hacks to save face. Trump has a mandate, he ran on issues that gave him the victory and though magnanimous to reach out to those that worked viciously against him, he will deliver and there's no stopping him. So just watch from your far back passenger seat as he keeps making a joke out of you losers at every turn.
Lucasbalo:
Trump won but he didn't have a mandate. That's why he is pulling back from some of his divisive statements. We shall see how things go. One thing i knoe is that after a grace period of a year, if he doesn't perform, Americans will unleash on him. I am one of his harshest critics but I still want him to succeed because if he's successful that means America is successful.

1 Like

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by 21Savagw: 4:42pm On Nov 13, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Speak for yourself. Here is one American that doesn't vote for him. Remember that he doesn't have a mandate. The popular votes went for Hillary though Trump wins the election through the electoral votes. I wish him luck because he will need it. Remember that more Americans voted for Hillary.

Last time I checked, The popular vote doesn't get you elected cheesy...It's just ignorant when small kids like Seun Already prophesying the president to fail, no wonder their country is a mess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by ycat: 5:33pm On Nov 13, 2016
Seun, you are right for the first time in your life, it seems you have finally grown up!
Seun:
They were not allowed to speak their minds in public, so they spoke with their votes.
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Timbuktuo: 5:48pm On Nov 13, 2016
Seun:
Under Trump, there will be lots of racial riots. This has already started even before his swearing in. The people around him and foreign leaders like Putin will manipulate him easily by taking advantage of his monstrous ego. The military industrial complex will easily shame him into sacrificing American soldiers in Iraq, Syria, and maybe even Iran despite his isolationist tendencies. Attempts to implement any of his stupid campaign promises will infuriate minorities and liberals, but going back on his promises will infuriate his supporters.

You sound like a CNN hack.

The riots are being carried out by those who lost the election. Those who voted Trump are at home enjoying their victory. The only post election riot involving supporters of both candidates is the one that occurred close to the white house, and that because Trump Supporters wanted a glimpse of their candidate. Otherwise, they wouldn't have been physically present there. As you can see from other rooting scenes, only those against Trump are the ones making noise all over the place. A very undemocratic behaviour.

His manipulation by these forces remains to be seen. Are you aware, though, that his stance on the TPP has made both Canada and Mexico to make statements to the effect that they are both open to dialogue of renegotiating the TPP? Of course, you're not, CNN will never report that.

Who cares if liberals and minorities are infuriated, really? If any policy of his doesn't break the law or isn't unconstitutional, anybody can go and die. America is not only for liberals and minorities is it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Lucasbalo(m): 5:52pm On Nov 13, 2016
missjo:

LOL, and yet every time he went to the banks and big corporations to get loans or woo financiers, they kept giving him money.
He still remained a billionaire.

I didn't say he is infallible, I was trying to tell Seun that someone who is so easily manipulated does not become a billionaire. He is the one that has been manipulating the system and people,not the other way round.
After six bankruptcies, the American banks stop funding his projects and that's when he turned to foreign banks in Saudi Arabia, China and Russia. That's one of the main reasons he refuses to release his tax returns. You remember he promised to release his tax returns after the completion of the audit. I bet you donuts to bagel, he would not release it due to what's in the taxes.

1 Like

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Lucasbalo(m): 5:58pm On Nov 13, 2016
ycat:
Hehehe! Another wishy-washy term by you gaslighted hacks to save face. Trump has a mandate, he ran on issues that gave him the victory and though magnanimous to reach out to those that worked viciously against him, he will deliver and there's no stopping him. So just watch from your far back passenger seat as he keeps making a joke out of you losers at every turn.
Trump won and I wish him well. Tell me how your idol winning the election raises your standard of living wherever you are. No matter who wins the presidency, my life will keep soaring. Since I started voting at 18 years old, I have won some and lose some. That's life. I wish him a successful tenure because if he's successful that means America is successful and if not, 4 years is around the corner.
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Lucasbalo(m): 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2016
missjo:

You don't know a lot about Trump do you? Read up on his biography and the way he has run his business to become a billionaire.

One thing people can't do is manipulate him, it may seem like someone baited him into reacting but be rest assured the man usually has something else up his sleeves.
It's that same ego that makes him hard to manipulate.
Missjo, the way Trump ran his businesses is nothing to write home about. He left so many people bankrupt by not paying for the services rendered to him. Many banks took the brunt of his so many failed businneses hence he resorted to foreign banks for financing. We have people in America 40 to 50 X richer than Trump and they never filed for bankruptcies once. Don't forget the scam called Trump University and the litigation is going on already. Please enlighten me about his business model ?.
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Lucasbalo(m): 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2016
Badgers14:

How many times did he file for bankruptcy
Very good question . I don't want to re litigate the election but if he runs America like he ran his businesses, I can tell you America is doomed. I doubt if the Congress and American people will allow that. America is not a for profit entity. He has an enormous task ahead and I wish him God's speed .
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by missjo(f): 6:24pm On Nov 13, 2016
Badgers14:

Don't make an assumption on what you think i said or i was saying. When you throw an argument stay in line and don't deviate from it to make you sound intelligent undecided

All i said was that Clinton won popular votes, a per head per head vote. And Trump won By electoral college. So it is safe to throw in argument that he does not actually represent the choice of the American people since more individuals casted there votes, " individual votes" for Clinton.

Second, I was not arguing about which country started electoral college first. That's irrelevant.
I was trying to give another commenter a brief history on how it started in the united States.

Finally, when you google, almost all your results is pointing towards slavery story , that's why virgina have produced the most president in the U.S history.

Some timez you gotta put two and two together to understand politics. And Trump knew republicans don't think like that when he said this.....
Okay
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by missjo(f): 6:30pm On Nov 13, 2016
Badgers14:

To the bolded... That's sort of an irony... grin grin shows us that the system is very unfair. They want the rich to be richer and the poor poorer. If he was an average joe, he have to wait for 5 or 10years so that banks will not put that bankruptcy filing into consideration. And by then might have lost some of the business opportunities that he would have profited from.
Not even an irony, but a pinching reality.
Its as if you're just realizing the system is unfair, and Trump found a way to rigmarole around it countless times to his benefit. The rich and wealthy have things in place that effectively keeps them rich, WELCOME TO THE LAND OF THE AMERICAN DREAM. grin

During one of the presidential debates, I remember Clinton saying she was going to increase taxes for anyone earning above $200,000 a year and in my mind I was like "Even her own financial sponsors/backers will not like that" cheesy cheesy
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by missjo(f): 6:51pm On Nov 13, 2016
Lucasbalo:
After six bankruptcies, the American banks stop funding his projects and that's when he turned to foreign banks in Saudi Arabia, China and Russia. That's one of the main reasons he refuses to release his tax returns. You remember he promised to release his tax returns after the completion of the audit. I bet you donuts to bagel, he would not release it due to what's in the taxes.
Lucasbalo:
Missjo, the way Trump ran his businesses is nothing to write home about. He left so many people bankrupt by not paying for the services rendered to him. Many banks took the brunt of his so many failed businneses hence he resorted to foreign banks for financing. We have people in America 40 to 50 X richer than Trump and they never filed for bankruptcies once. Don't forget the scam called Trump University and the litigation is going on already. Please enlighten me about his business model ?.
LOL, you need not bet your precious doughnuts Lucas, I too I'm almost certain he's not going to release his tax returns. He might, but I'm not betting on it. cheesy

I feel like you have started having the impression I'm a LOVER of all things Trump. You're wrong.
See the thing is I find this man intriguing, in the sense that he has a way about him. Now I know there have been people who have paid the price financially for his excesses but something we can't take from Donald Trump is that he is a shrewd businessman.

I would have called him smart but I fear that may not go down well with you and many others, but how else do you explain the way he goes about his business? cheesy
Some people might argue that how can a smart person file for so many bankruptcies. My response would be, it's only someone with some smarts that could file for so many bankruptcies and still be a billionaire.

I mean, you just said it took 6 bankruptcies for the corporations to stop funding him? Most people will never get funding in the billions after filing for one bankruptcy not to mention SIX. shocked
How does he do it? This is why I find him intriguing. He's not a saint but let's give the man his due, he should NEVER be underestimated, a price the DNC is terribly paying for right now.

You asked me about his business model, well let's not get into that: the summary will probably be something like "Be a beast, be a wolf, and let motherf***ckerz know". cheesy
I didn't get around to finishing his book "The Art of the Deal".

Tony Montana might have something to say about him,LOL

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by ycat: 6:55pm On Nov 13, 2016
There you go! The humble pie must be banana flavor which only few people want? You weren't this humble earlier, it was as if the election was already over with you and just needed to get the moving truck to move Hillary into the Whitehouse. Yes, Trump will succeed, he has the people that really matter behind him.
Lucasbalo:
Trump won and I wish him well. Tell me how your idol winning the election raises your standard of living wherever you are. No matter who wins the presidency, my life will keep soaring. Since I started voting at 18 years old, I have won some and lose some. That's life. I wish him a successful tenure because if he's successful that means America is successful and if not, 4 years is around the corner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Lucasbalo(m): 7:11pm On Nov 13, 2016
missjo:

LOL, you need not bet your precious doughnuts Lucas, I too I'm almost certain he's not going to release his tax returns. He might, but I'm not betting on it. cheesy

I feel like you have started having the impression I'm a LOVER of all things Trump. You're wrong.
See the thing is I find this man intriguing, in the sense that he has a way about him. Now I know there have been people who have paid the price financially for his excesses but something we can't take from Donald Trump is that he is a shrewd businessman.

I would have called him smart but I fear that may not go down well with you and many others, but how else do you explain the way he goes about his business? cheesy
Some people might argue that how can a smart person file for so many bankruptcies. My response would be, it's only someone with some smarts that could file for so many bankruptcies and still be a billionaire.

I mean, you just said it took 6 bankruptcies for the corporations to stop funding him? Most people will never get funding in the billions after filing for one bankruptcy not to mention SIX. shocked
How does he do it? This is why I find him intriguing. He's not a saint but let's give the man his due, he should NEVER be underestimated, a price the DNC is terribly paying for right now.

You asked me about his business model, well let's not get into that: the summary will probably be something like "Be a beast, be a wolf, and let motherf***ckerz know". cheesy
I didn't get around to finishing his book "The Art of the Deal".

Tony Montana might have something to say about him,LOL
Agreed with your post but his Book The Art of the Deal was not even written by him. He just had a guy wrote the book and he and the guy made money out of the deal.
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Orikinla(m): 12:43pm On Nov 14, 2016
Badgers14:

Read before typing rubbish.. I wrote Clinton won more "popular vote" than Trump. And you are saying Trump won more states than Clinton. These are different argument.

In case you don't understand, "popular votes" are individuals personal choice of the candidates in an Election. My previous post is just saying that more Americans wanted Clinton to be president than Trump.

Try to comprehend sth b4 flaunting your single figure IQ angry angry

You are still reasoning like a kid.
Lagos is the most populated state in Nigeria and if you win Lagos state by population, but you lose four other states in the south west with combined population that is not up to your votes in Lagos does that make you the more popular choice of the voters in the entire south west when the majority of voters in four other states rejected you?
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Badgers14: 6:23pm On Nov 14, 2016
Orikinla:

You are still reasoning like a kid.
Lagos is the most populated state in Nigeria and if you win Lagos state by population, but you lose four other states in the south west with combined population that is not up to your votes in Lagos does that make you the more popular choice of the voters in the entire south west when the majority of voters in four other states rejected you?

undecided
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by EzeNri(m): 8:21am On Nov 15, 2016
Badgers14:

Do you know that Trump did not win popular vote? He won "Electoral votes". In other words, his victory does not actually represent the will of the people. As of Thursday morning, Clinton was up by more than 500k popular votes.
Winning electoral votes mean different sections of the country prefer him to Clinton whom a few section preferred as President.

Trump has more sectional acceptability than Clinton.

Actually his election represents the will of the different section of the country , the different minorities.

The college system prevents the high population states from determining the direction of the elections. While Trump was busy appealing to the different section of the country, Hillary left the minorities for the high population states. A move I believe she is currently regretting.

Clinton should be declared President of New York while Trump as the POTUS.
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by EzeNri(m): 8:38am On Nov 15, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Speak for yourself. Here is one American that doesn't vote for him. Remember that he doesn't have a mandate. The popular votes went for Hillary though Trump wins the election through the electoral votes. I wish him luck because he will need it. Remember that more Americans voted for Hillary.
U claimed to come from US, but it is a pity you don't understand the structure of the State.

US is a Union of different States (country). Each state in the US is treated as a State (country). US practices what many call Representative Republic.

So individual citizens doesn't give mandate. It is the constituting states that does and each of them decides on how they does that. Like in some certain states, college electors must vote according to the popular vote. It is an offence. If an elector doesn't, the state law nullifies such vote and new electors are immediately chosen.

Trump has the Mandate of over 30 states to lead the 'Union'.

Missjo
Bigtt76

2 Likes

Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Lucasbalo(m): 11:23am On Nov 15, 2016
EzeNri:

U claimed to come from US, but it is a pity you don't understand the structure of the State.

US is a Union of different States (country). Each state in the US is treated as a State (country). US practices what many call Representative Republic.

So individual citizens doesn't give mandate. It is the constituting states that does and each of them decides on how they does that. Like in some certain states, college electors must vote according to the popular vote. It is an offence. If an elector doesn't, the state law nullifies such vote and new electors are immediately chosen.

Missjo
Bigtt76
Do not worry about me. I am from Aba.
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Orikinla(m): 3:54pm On Nov 15, 2016
missjo:

Exactly. E.g California.
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Orikinla(m): 3:56pm On Nov 15, 2016
EzeNri:

Missjo
Bigtt76
100 Likes..
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Lucasbalo(m): 6:45am On Nov 16, 2016
Orikinla:

100 Likes..
100 likes for a post that makes no sense. A guy who never step his feet on an American soil trying to mouth off about what I learned in grade school. It's like me arguing with you guys about Nigerian politics. Does that make any sense to you if I told you that i know the workings of Nigerian politics better than you. So your likes makes no sense buy as we say here, it's your 1st amendment right.
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Orikinla(m): 9:57am On Nov 16, 2016
Lucasbalo:
100 likes for a post that makes no sense. A guy who never step his feet on an American soil trying to mouth off about what I learned in grade school. It's like me arguing with you guys about Nigerian politics. Does that make any sense to you if I told you that i know the workings of Nigerian politics better than you. So your likes makes no sense buy as we say here, it's your 1st amendment right.
Why make an issue over my personal appreciation of a comment?
Besides, the point of this topic is about the female Muslim immigrant who voted for Donald Trump and viewing the video interview before commenting is the rational thing to do.
We often quarrel over trivialities.
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by missjo(f): 10:46am On Nov 16, 2016
LOL grin
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Lucasbalo(m): 2:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
Orikinla:

Why make an issue over my personal appreciation of a comment?
Besides, the point of this topic is about the female Muslim immigrant who voted for Donald Trump and viewing the video interview before commenting is the rational thing to do.
We often quarrel over trivialities.
Truly I have no objections over your comment about the Muslim woman voting for Trump. I have a family member who did myself. The problem I had with you is over the comments about a guy who was writing tripe about how electoral college works in America. I said I knew all that in the 4th grade and it is not for some Google head guy to tell me about realities of life in US. Plain and simple.
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Orikinla(m): 4:29pm On Nov 16, 2016
But Trump said Tuesday he would have run a different campaign if the Nov 8 election had been based on the popular vote and not the electoral vote. Trump tweeted that he would have "won even bigger and more easily" if the popular vote had been decisive, arguing that he would have campaigned more intensely in vote-rich states such as California, Florida and New York to drive up his turnout.

The Electoral College allots electoral votes to each state based on its seats in the Senate and House of Representatives. The result is that presidential elections are actually based on individual contests in 50 states and the District of Columbia, not on the nationwide tally.

Retiring Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., has filed legislation to abolish the Electoral College. Boxer called the current system "outdated" and "undemocratic." Making this change would require a Constitutional amendment, but such a measure is extremely unlikely to be approved by the current Congress, controlled by Republicans.

http://www.usnews.com/news/ken-walshs-washington/articles/2016-11-16/hillary-clinton-extends-popular-vote-margin
Re: I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. by Codedrock(m): 12:13pm On Nov 18, 2016
Seun:
Under Trump, there will be lots of racial riots. This has already started even before his swearing in. The people around him and foreign leaders like Putin will manipulate him easily by taking advantage of his monstrous ego. The military industrial complex will easily shame him into sacrificing American soldiers in Iraq, Syria, and maybe even Iran despite his isolationist tendencies. Attempts to implement any of his stupid campaign promises will infuriate minorities and liberals, but going back on his promises will infuriate his supporters.
Thank you oga Seun. This is what I've been saying on Twitter. People are saying he's gonna go back on his words and disappoint his campaign supporters But I tell them he's only going to do that if he doesn't plan on going for a second term.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. / Russia Deploys S-400 Air Defense System To Syrian Base (Pictures) - Mod Russia / More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.