Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

5 Infectious Diseases Of Small Business And Their Cures - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Infectious Diseases Of Small Business And Their Cures (365 Views)

Success Of Small Business Group / What Is The Price Of Small Generator??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Infectious Diseases Of Small Business And Their Cures by sammytee30(m): 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2016
Your business can run down with maladies, wheezing and coughing and not functioning as well as it can. The infection can spread until multiple parts of your business are affected seriously.

You can cure them if you make the right steps, diagnosis and take action.

Bug 1. No-strategy. Lack of strategy is common among small businesses. It's common because nobody teaches strategy for small business. There's so much focus on action that no one tells you to take the time to think about the big picture.

This is where you focus on the impact you want to have, the positive contribution you want to make in your business, community, and beyond comes in. When you have clarity on the impact you want to have, it gives you the focus you need to create a coherent, high functioning business. You end up with a strategy and business that are aligned with your values and how you want to show up in the world.

The Cure: Step back from doing and look at the big picture. Start by giving thought that you want to have. Ask yourself good questions: does this thing I want to do will help me to have that impact? Is what I'm planning going to align with other things I'm doing in my business and will it help me reach my goals?

Bug 2. Slow-to-reactivitis. The slow spread of inaction, waiting to see what happens. Maybe things will improve. Maybe I'll get more clarity about what to do next.

This is where the optimism that most entrepreneurs have in mind and fails. You might be thinking: Well, it should work! That expert over there said so.

Truth: Every business is different from others. Be prepared to tweak your own business as needed.

The Cure: When something's not working, take action sooner rather than later. You can prevent the spread of the infection by facing the reality of what's not reaching your expectations. Call that experiment done and failed (it's not you that's failed, it's the experiment!). Do some research, talk to someone who knows, and decide on new step.

Bug 3. Anti-tracking-it. This secondary infection really helps other bugs grow. Bug #2 really takes hold when you have no solid data to base your next moves on. Inaction spreads because of the vacuum created by no real information.

The Cure: To help you in determining the extent of the illness so you can take the cure for Bug 2 above, track your important outcomes you get. Take your medicine, even if numbers aren't your thing. These data will be what bring you out of the funk, if you're willing to look at them with your critical eye.

[b=http://www.proudlyblog.com/2016/11/5-infectious-diseases-of-small-business.html]CLICK HERE[/b] to continue

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Pure(satchel) Water Sold In Your Area? / How Can I Get Writing Jobs Off Of Sites Like Fiverr And Gigbucks?? / Oil Is Back At Usd 50+ Per Barrel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.