Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

How Can I Get Realplayer To Work On Linux - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Get Realplayer To Work On Linux (826 Views)

Where Can I Learn How To Install Oracle 11g On Linux online tutorial. / Configure Starcomms Usb Modem On Linux / Please How Do I Install And Use Aircrack On Linux (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Get Realplayer To Work On Linux by kunz: 1:37am On Jan 05, 2007
Hi everyone,
I have been using the linux OS for sometime now and i'm using the red hat enterprise linux.I download and insalled realplayer,but i cannot play anything with it.What could possible be wrong?
secondly,i browse the internet on windows with starcomms.Is it possible for me to browse thesame way on my linux?If it is possible pls do let me know what to do and how to go about it.
Thirdly,how can i get toinstall quicktime for linux?If u know the right syntax,pls do post it to me

Thanx undecided
Re: How Can I Get Realplayer To Work On Linux by segunb(m): 6:11am On Apr 06, 2007
Hi, first yu must be new with Linux, any way welcome -yu didn't mention what version of RHEL yu are currently using, i use RHEL 4.0 and i just started using starcomms as well, i wud check for the necessary settings yu wud have to use but wotever be the case, it wud be manual. For the Realplayer yu downloaded - wot format are yu trying to play? apart from .Rm files yu can play mp3s, there are numerous applications that play all major windows format but yu must be ready to do alot of tweaking here is a site to help yu with rpms -www.rpmfind.net yu cud use yum or download and install manually. But first yu have to get yu internet settings right within Linux. Take care and have fun!! grin
Re: How Can I Get Realplayer To Work On Linux by Seun(m): 8:21pm On Apr 26, 2007
Moved to Computer section

(1) (Reply)

System Slowness And Os Installation Probs / What Is Pc/modem Card? / Get Ccna Certified In 5 Days !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.