Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,244 members, 7,860,560 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:36 PM

Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" (24742 Views)

Why Is Jesus Called The Word? / Judah 1: World’s First Christian Airline Set To Launch / Why Is Jesus Called God’s Son? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 13, 2016
Tunmmyzhe:

op na only that u see? why God is called "God of Israel" ?
Read story of the israelites.
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 13, 2016
[quote author=Mediator97 post=50995084]In Israel, there are 12 tribes which are >
1. REUBEN.
2. SIMEON.
3. JUDAH.
4. IS'SACHAR.
5. ZEB'ULUN.
6. DAN.
7. GAD.
8. BENJAMIN.
9. NAPHTALI.
10. ASHER.
11. EPHRAIM.
12. MANASSEH.

Reuben is not a tribe.
His name was removed because he slept with his father's wife.
We have Levi as a tribe.
For ur question, go and meet a pastor around u
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 13, 2016
[quote author=Rainjames post=51002979][/quote] Not every "pastor" is a man of God.
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2016
grin
GodIsFoolish:
It"s because the bible says so
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by Hero144: 1:37pm On Nov 13, 2016
Just a tip of the iceberg, before we ans the question "why Jesus is Lion of the tribe of Judah" let delve a bit into ESOTERICS a little and check the origin of the Lion and the number 12 in question, which harbors the lion itself, of which Jesus himself emulated and chose 12 desciples and the Roman Catholic upheld and gave us Gregorian calender of 12 months, 12 hours of the day and 12 hours of the night=24 hours= the 24 Elders of Rev 4v4; like my pastor will always say, every major truth in the Bible, begin from Genesis -the beginning of all things.

# COULD ALL THESE BE the 12 CONSTELLATIONS OF ZODIAC CYCLE, IN COSMIC SYMBOLISM OF AS ABOVE, SO BELOW-anthropomorphized (Matt 18:18):
●12 Tribes of Israel Gen. 49v28
●12 Sons of Jacob Gen. 24v4;
●12 Judges of Israel
●12 Great Patriachs -Acts 7v8
●12 Old Testament Prophets
●12 Kings of Israel
● 12 princes of Ishmael- Gen.17v20
●12 Princes of Israel. Numb. 1v44
# the Astrological number 12 is replete through out the Bible why? Cosmic SYBOLISM perhaps.

# NOTE: ISIS + RA + EL =IS+RA+EL= ISRAEL=3 IN 1=Bitter Esoteric truth
(ISIS=Egyptian goddess of the moon, RA =Egyptian Sun god & EL= god of physical plane or time or boundary or destruction, from where we get EL-der, EL-ection, EL -evation, EL-this and that)

# Could it be that the number 12 came from Astrological symbol of 12 Zodiac Constellations of which Leo =Lion =Jesus & mary=Virgo or Virgin belong to.?

# Here are the 12 major Zodiac Constellations the Origin of 12 ... :
1. JANUARY-Aries♈ RAM
2. FEBRUARY- Taurus♉ BULL
3. MARCH- Gemini♊
4. APRIL- Leo♌ LION
5. MAY- Vigo♍ VIRGIN
6. JUNE- Libra♎
7. JULY- Cancer♋
8. AUGUST- Scorpio♏
9. SEPTEMBER- Sagittarius♐
10. OCTOBER- Capricorn♑
11. NOVEMBER- Aquarius♒
12. DECEMBER- Pisces ♓
#These Astrological old Gods(psalms 136v3) and players are in every story, mythological or matter, & in all our interactions, & our states of mind - Job 38v31-33. They are the Esoteric foundational secrets of all known Religions of the World, if only we dare to look a little further beyond the religious veils of dogmatic belief & bounds.

# THE 12 GODS- THE OLYMPIANS OF GREECE:
1. JANUARY-Aries♈ = ATHENA
2. FEBRUARY- Taurus♉ =APHRODITE
3. MARCH- Gemini♊= HERMES
4. APRIL- Leo♌ = APOLLO
5. MAY- Vigo♍= DEMETER
6. JUNE- Libra♎= HEPHAEST
7. JULY- Cancer♋= ARTEMIS
8. AUGUST- Scorpio♏= ARES
9. SEPTEMBER- Sagittarius♐= ZEUS
10. OCTOBER- Capricorn♑= HESTIA
11. NOVEMBER- Aquarius♒= HERA
12. DECEMBER- Pisces ♓= POSEIDON
#The same thing with different names!

# what If I told you that House=Ulo in Igbo =ILe in Yoruba =Gida in Hausa, will there be objections?

# Jesus taught the multitudes in parables but explained the mysteries of the Kingdom to His disciples- Luk 8v4-18.
Paul gave spiritual meat to the strong, but the milk of doctrine to the multitude - Heb 5v12-14, for there has always been an EXOTERIC(General) & an ESOTERIC(Hidden to the public) side to every religion & their teaching.

# THERE IS NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN (DOES IT INCLUDE COSMIC SYBOLISMS? )
☆Ecclesiastes 1:9 The THING that HATH BEEN, IT IS THAT which SHALL BE; and that which is DONE is THAT which SHALL BE DONE: and THERE IS NO NEW THING UNDER THE SUN.
☆Ecclesiastes 1:10 IS THERE ANY THING whereof it MAY BE said, See, THIS IS NEW? it hath BEEN ALREADY of OLD TIME, which was BEFORE US.

# A forgery is impossible, when we have no model to forge after. Most certainly true it is. Eccl 1v9-10

# We ought to Surround our imagination by the firm frontiers of reason. Hence God said come now let us reason together -Isaiah 1v18

# What if I told you that "A" is not only for Apple? What if I told you that the Right & Left wings belong to the same bird; would there be objections?

#Conclusively, It's all about ASTROLOGICAL SIGNS & SYMBOLISM. LEO =LION=AUTHORITY=RULERSHIP=STRENGHT. It is found in the emblems of Great nations which has an everlasting Traditional roots of Authority- Like England. If you don't see the Lion or Leo symbol thereof, look out for The Lion's colour which is Yellow. Note: Leo as MASCULINE SIGN has been assigned to the SUN, and indeed, that is the MOST FIERY of all SIGNS. When the SUN, which is the RULER of the HOUSE of LEO is in occupation, the heat produced looks like that of a RAGING LION, and hence the ORIGIN of its NAME.
#Jesus STAR (A LEO ZODIAC CONSTELLATIONS STAR perhaps ) appeared in the East, and the wise men from the East (ASTROLOGERS-STAR GAZERS) saw it and traced it to Betlehem ofor judea a smal town ofor Judah.

# THE LORD GOD IS A SUN-ANTHROPOMORPHIZED ?
Psalms 84:11 FOR THE LORD GOD "is" a SUN and SHIELD:

# In JUDAH is God known, His name is great in Israel -psalms 76v1

# ● The TRUTH, needs no BELIEVERS to be true, there is no need for BELIEF, in the PRESENCE of CLEAR EVIDENCE; because EVIDENCE is the END of DOUBT(ISAIAH. 41:21). The TRUTH is TRUE, nothing else is true, nothing is higher than "TRUTH"

# Am Just a curious student, who stands to be corrected with facts and corresponding evidence of truth beyond dogmatic bounds.
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by deeway200(m): 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2016
Because of David whom God promised that Jesus will come from his tribe. So Jesus is a lion from the house of David which is Judah
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by baby124: 2:22pm On Nov 13, 2016
Lion is an African animal which I doubt may have been in the middle east at the time the Bible events supposedly happened. The Bible tries to associate things, though not directly. But they like to use origins. Could Judah be an African tribe grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by aidoko1: 2:23pm On Nov 13, 2016
I Israeli army the tribe dominant is the tribe of Judah. They are the warrior tribe of Israel..
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by OZIL419(m): 2:29pm On Nov 13, 2016
hmmmm... kingship belong to the tribe of juda then.. smiley
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 13, 2016
elipheleh:
God is note actually interested in any particular tribe. It was their father Jacob who made such pronouncement upon his children. Those worda were like a man''s WILL. Just like lawyers and judges respect a dead man''s written WILL, God just had to honour Jacob''s will too.

In Jacobs dying bed he called all his sons and told them what would be of them in the later days. Now that is his will. Jacob said:

The scepter will not depart from Judah, nor the ruler's staff from his descendants, until the coming of the one to whom it belongs, the one whom all nations will honor.
Genesis 49:10

Now Judah was ordained to rule and though manifestation started late, David was the first of Judah kings down to all his decendants. And for Jesus to be able to fit into King of kings, he must be from tribe of Judah also else His kingship is fake and illegal.

Now there is another mystery/twist in the afairs of will. A will cannot be nullified by anybody except to the person who inherited such will.
Jesus inherited kingship from jacob (though He was already king in heaven, he needed a legal human document to be king on earth too). But the good news is that wills can be transfered to an outsider by the direct sole benefactor of such will. And Jesus has passed that will to all nation's and tongues and men everywhere who believes in Him.

Now we a's Christians hahas been made kings and priests by this Jacob decedent of earthly kingdom and also God's own exalted King of heavenly kingdom.

And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Revelation 1:6

God bless you, nothing but the truth, got more spiritual insight to share?
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by Opatoranking(m): 2:52pm On Nov 13, 2016
raphieMontella:
a lion that was killed by three nails?
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 13, 2016
Hero144:

Just a tip of the iceberg, before we ans the question "why Jesus is Lion of the tribe of Judah" let delve a bit into ESOTERICS a little and check the origin of the Lion and the number 12 in question, which harbors the lion itself, of which Jesus himself emulated and chose 12 desciples and the Roman Catholic upheld and gave us Gregorian calender of 12 months, 12 hours of the day and 12 hours of the night=24 hours= the 24 Elders of Rev 4v4; like my pastor will always say, every major truth in the Bible, begin from Genesis -the beginning of all things.

# COULD ALL THESE BE the 12 CONSTELLATIONS OF ZODIAC CYCLE, IN COSMIC SYMBOLISM OF AS ABOVE, SO BELOW-anthropomorphized (Matt 18:18):
●12 Tribes of Israel Gen. 49v28
●12 Sons of Jacob Gen. 24v4;
●12 Judges of Israel
●12 Great Patriachs -Acts 7v8
●12 Old Testament Prophets
●12 Kings of Israel
● 12 princes of Ishmael- Gen.17v20
●12 Princes of Israel. Numb. 1v44
# the Astrological number 12 is replete through out the Bible why? Cosmic SYBOLISM perhaps.

# NOTE: ISIS + RA + EL =IS+RA+EL= ISRAEL=3 IN 1=Bitter Esoteric truth
(ISIS=Egyptian goddess of the moon, RA =Egyptian Sun god & EL= god of physical plane or time or boundary or destruction, from where we get EL-der, EL-ection, EL -evation, EL-this and that)

# Could it be that the number 12 came from Astrological symbol of 12 Zodiac Constellations of which Leo =Lion =Jesus & mary=Virgo or Virgin belong to.?

# Here are the 12 major Zodiac Constellations the Origin of 12 ... :
1. JANUARY-Aries♈ RAM
2. FEBRUARY- Taurus♉ BULL
3. MARCH- Gemini♊
4. APRIL- Leo♌ LION
5. MAY- Vigo♍ VIRGIN
6. JUNE- Libra♎
7. JULY- Cancer♋
8. AUGUST- Scorpio♏
9. SEPTEMBER- Sagittarius♐
10. OCTOBER- Capricorn♑
11. NOVEMBER- Aquarius♒
12. DECEMBER- Pisces ♓
#These Astrological old Gods(psalms 136v3) and players are in every story, mythological or matter, & in all our interactions, & our states of mind - Job 38v31-33. They are the Esoteric foundational secrets of all known Religions of the World, if only we dare to look a little further beyond the religious veils of dogmatic belief & bounds.

# THE 12 GODS- THE OLYMPIANS OF GREECE:
1. JANUARY-Aries♈ = ATHENA
2. FEBRUARY- Taurus♉ =APHRODITE
3. MARCH- Gemini♊= HERMES
4. APRIL- Leo♌ = APOLLO
5. MAY- Vigo♍= DEMETER
6. JUNE- Libra♎= HEPHAEST
7. JULY- Cancer♋= ARTEMIS
8. AUGUST- Scorpio♏= ARES
9. SEPTEMBER- Sagittarius♐= ZEUS
10. OCTOBER- Capricorn♑= HESTIA
11. NOVEMBER- Aquarius♒= HERA
12. DECEMBER- Pisces ♓= POSEIDON
#The same thing with different names!

# what If I told you that House=Ulo in Igbo =ILe in Yoruba =Gida in Hausa, will there be objections?

# Jesus taught the multitudes in parables but explained the mysteries of the Kingdom to His disciples- Luk 8v4-18.
Paul gave spiritual meat to the strong, but the milk of doctrine to the multitude - Heb 5v12-14, for there has always been an EXOTERIC(General) & an ESOTERIC(Hidden to the public) side to every religion & their teaching.

# THERE IS NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN (DOES IT INCLUDE COSMIC SYBOLISMS? )
☆Ecclesiastes 1:9 The THING that HATH BEEN, IT IS THAT which SHALL BE; and that which is DONE is THAT which SHALL BE DONE: and THERE IS NO NEW THING UNDER THE SUN.
☆Ecclesiastes 1:10 IS THERE ANY THING whereof it MAY BE said, See, THIS IS NEW? it hath BEEN ALREADY of OLD TIME, which was BEFORE US.

# A forgery is impossible, when we have no model to forge after. Most certainly true it is. Eccl 1v9-10

# We ought to Surround our imagination by the firm frontiers of reason. Hence God said come now let us reason together -Isaiah 1v18

# What if I told you that "A" is not only for Apple? What if I told you that the Right & Left wings belong to the same bird; would there be objections?

#Conclusively, It's all about ASTROLOGICAL SIGNS & SYMBOLISM. LEO =LION=AUTHORITY=RULERSHIP=STRENGHT. It is found in the emblems of Great nations which has an everlasting Traditional roots of Authority- Like England. If you don't see the Lion or Leo symbol thereof, look out for The Lion's colour which is Yellow. Note: Leo as MASCULINE SIGN has been assigned to the SUN, and indeed, that is the MOST FIERY of all SIGNS. When the SUN, which is the RULER of the HOUSE of LEO is in occupation, the heat produced looks like that of a RAGING LION, and hence the ORIGIN of its NAME.
#Jesus STAR (A LEO ZODIAC CONSTELLATIONS STAR perhaps ) appeared in the East, and the wise men from the East (ASTROLOGERS-STAR GAZERS) saw it and traced it to Betlehem ofor judea a smal town ofor Judah.

# THE LORD GOD IS A SUN-ANTHROPOMORPHIZED ?
Psalms 84:11 FOR THE LORD GOD "is" a SUN and SHIELD:

# In JUDAH is God known, His name is great in Israel -psalms 76v1

# ● The TRUTH, needs no BELIEVERS to be true, there is no need for BELIEF, in the PRESENCE of CLEAR EVIDENCE; because EVIDENCE is the END of DOUBT(ISAIAH. 41:21). The TRUTH is TRUE, nothing else is true, nothing is higher than "TRUTH"

# Am Just a curious student, who stands to be corrected with facts and corresponding evidence of truth beyond dogmatic bounds.

I appreciate your inquiries and submissions but come to think of it...nothing the devil has is his all are Yaweh's. So refrain from using end to qualify the means, because when it comes to spiritual matter all emanated from God Whom is the Chief custodian of authority, power, wealth and supremacy.

Take an example the bible distinguishes:
1. One Lion to be the Tribe of Judah...and the other
2 to be a roaring seeking whom he may devour.

Use your mind to distinguish which is fake and original..
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by MuttleyLaff: 3:09pm On Nov 13, 2016
Mediator97:
[size=5pt]In Israel, there are 12 tribes which are >
1. REUBEN.
2. SIMEON.
3. JUDAH.
4. IS'SACHAR.
5. ZEB'ULUN.
6. DAN.
7. GAD.
8. BENJAMIN.
9. NAPHTALI.
10. ASHER.
11. EPHRAIM.
12. MANASSEH.[/size]
Out of these twelve tribes, why is Jesus referred with only one which is Judah
Jesus is referred with only the one, simply because by virtue of an accident of birth, Jesus is born out of the tribe of Judah and no other tribe

Genesis 49:8-10 proved to be prophetic

Mediator97:
Why Is Jesus Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?"
Apart from the evident and simple main reason above, there are quite a few other reasons:

1) In Genesis 37:26-28, Judah inadvertently protected and/so safeguarded the progenity of the Saviour
2) In Genesis 34:25 and Genesis 35:22, Reuben, Simeon and Levi, the firstborn, secondborn and thirdborn respectively for one grevious misconduct or the other, got disqualified to be worthy enough to have the Saviour as part of their lineage, so the mantle fell on the fourthborn, Judah

3)8Then Judah said to Israel his father,
“Send the boy along with me and we will go at once, so that we and you and our children may live and not die.
9I myself will guarantee his safety; you can hold me personally responsible for him.
If I do not bring him back to you and set him here before you, I will bear the blame before you all my life

- Genesis 43:8-9 NIV

In Genesis 43:8-9, Judah's act of standing surety for his brother, Benjamins safe return to Jacob

4)8"[Judah], your brothers will praise you. Your hand will be on the neck of your enemies. Your father's sons will bow down to you.
9Judah, you are a lion cub. You have come back from the kill, my son. He lies down and rests like a lion. He is like a lioness. Who dares to disturb him?
10The scepter will never depart from Judah, nor a ruler's staff from between his feet, until the One comes, who owns them both, and to him will belong the allegiance of nations.

- Genesis 49:8-10

In Genesis 49:8-10, Jacob was prophetically giving Judah rulership, majesty and royalty blessings
- Rulership is about monarchy, kingdom or kingship
- Bowing down is associated with paying tribute to anyone belonging or connected to a King
- Lions are majestic and are associated with supremacy, impressive beauty, strength and power

5)Therefore I will be like a lion to Ephraim, and like a young lion to the house of Judah.
I—even I—will tear them to pieces, and then I will leave. I will take them away, and there will be no rescue

- Hosea 5:14 ISV

The first living creature was like a lion,
the second was like a young bull,
the third had a face like a human,
and the fourth was like a flying eagle

- Revelation 4:7

But one of the twenty-four elders said to me,
"Stop weeping! Look, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the heir to David's throne, has won the victory.
He is worthy to open the scroll and its seven seals."

- Revelation 5:5

"The Israelites will put up their tents with each family under the flag that symbolizes its household.
They will put their tents around the tent of meeting, facing it
- Numbers 2:2

In accordance to Genesis 49:9, lion is what is put up on the flag of the tribe of Judah for Numbers 2:2
and in line with what's in Revelation 4:7, Ezekiel 1:10 or Ezekiel 10:14, it will be an Ox flag for tribe of Ephraim, Eagle flag for the tribe of Dan and Man flag for the tribe of Reuben

Hosea 5:14, Revelation 4:7, Revelation 5:5 etcetera are symbolisms, patterns & realities in heaven, expressing what God is like and is all about -
Lion representing for royalty,
Ox representing laborious endurance,
Man representing brotherly sympathy
and Eagle representing soaring majesty
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by vislabraye(m): 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2016
Mediator97:
In Israel, there are 12 tribes which are >
1. REUBEN.
2. SIMEON.
3. JUDAH.
4. IS'SACHAR.
5. ZEB'ULUN.
6. DAN.
7. GAD.
8. BENJAMIN.
9. NAPHTALI.
10. ASHER.
11. EPHRAIM.
12. MANASSEH.

Out of these twelve tribes, why is Jesus referred with only one, which is Judah out of other Tribes?

Jesus come from Judah. He's called a lion of the tribe if Judah because lion is a symbol of strength, courage and majesty.
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 13, 2016
Mediator97:
1. REUBEN.
2. SIMEON.
3. JUDAH.
4. IS'SACHAR.
5. ZEB'ULUN.
6. DAN.
7. GAD.
8. BENJAMIN.
9. NAPHTALI.
10. ASHER.
11. EPHRAIM.
12. MANASSEH.

Out of these twelve tribes, why is Jesus referred with only one, which is Judah out of other Tribes?

It's His spiritual personality.
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by ndcide(m): 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2016
Mediator97:
1. REUBEN.
2. SIMEON.
3. JUDAH.
4. IS'SACHAR.
5. ZEB'ULUN.
6. DAN.
7. GAD.
8. BENJAMIN.
9. NAPHTALI.
10. ASHER.
11. EPHRAIM.
12. MANASSEH.

Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judah.
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by redsun(m): 5:50pm On Nov 13, 2016
The last lion of the tribe of Judah on earth is emperor haile Selassie ,he personified saying as the unconquerable lion of the tribe of Judah. A quality all of us possess,if only we can truly discover who we really are.
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by kokomilala(m): 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2016
The Lion if the tribe of Judah is one of the types Jesus was set in the Bible.Everything revolves around Him.They foreshadowed Him.He is the antitype.They were a shadow of things to come, but He's the body that cast the shadow.
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by WestAfricanGoon: 7:16pm On Nov 13, 2016
Temmywalex:
Why is Jesus called "the Lion of Judah"?

Answer
Jesus is called "the Lion of Judah" as a reference to his family lineage and power. The Tribe of Judah is often symbolized by the lion.

The first reference between the Tribe of Judah and a lion occurs in Genesis, when Jacob offers a prophesy related to Judah. The prophesy points to the everlasting kingdom of Jesus. In the book of Revelation, Christ is called the Lion of Judah and the Root of David as reference to both his family line and his triumph. Another interpretation of the connection to the lion comes from medieval literature, which suggests that the lion represents resurrection.

The literature goes on to suggest that a lion cub is brought to life on the third day after its birth by its father.

That's Joseph's ancestors right? Not Mary
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by lakesidepapa(m): 7:34pm On Nov 13, 2016
ifenes:
" Lion of the tribe of Judah" is an astrological metaphor for saying the Sun shines the brightest in August. Leo is August and the Sun in Europe is at its warmest in August. This is one of the many Astrological symbols in the Bible.

Leo and Virgo are August.
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by buoye1(m): 8:02pm On Nov 13, 2016
elipheleh:
God is note

Now there is another mystery/twist in the afairs of
And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and
comprehensively explained, may God bless you
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 13, 2016
elipheleh:
God is note actually interested in any particular tribe. It was their father Jacob who made such pronouncement upon his children. Those worda were like a man''s WILL. Just like lawyers and judges respect a dead man''s written WILL, God just had to honour Jacob''s will too.

In Jacobs dying bed he called all his sons and told them what would be of them in the later days. Now that is his will. Jacob said:

The scepter will not depart from Judah, nor the ruler's staff from his descendants, until the coming of the one to whom it belongs, the one whom all nations will honor.
Genesis 49:10

Now Judah was ordained to rule and though manifestation started late, David was the first of Judah kings down to all his decendants. And for Jesus to be able to fit into King of kings, he must be from tribe of Judah also else His kingship is fake and illegal.

Now there is another mystery/twist in the afairs of will. A will cannot be nullified by anybody except to the person who inherited such will.
Jesus inherited kingship from jacob (though He was already king in heaven, he needed a legal human document to be king on earth too). But the good news is that wills can be transfered to an outsider by the direct sole benefactor of such will. And Jesus has passed that will to all nation's and tongues and men everywhere who believes in Him.

Now we a's Christians hahas been made kings and priests by this Jacob decedent of earthly kingdom and also God's own exalted King of heavenly kingdom.

And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Revelation 1:6

God bless you!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by ifenes(m): 8:36pm On Nov 13, 2016
lakesidepapa:

Leo and Virgo are August.

Leo is strongest in August and Virgo is strongest in September

2 Likes

Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by ade002: 9:01pm On Nov 13, 2016
Mediator97:

Guess you know very little about irony.
You don't need understanding you just require a situation that will give you understanding. My prayer for u is may you not learn by experience.
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by charlesucheh(m): 9:18pm On Nov 13, 2016
GodIsFoolish:
It"s because the bible says so
Guy u DOPE!
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by Yeligray(m): 9:45pm On Nov 13, 2016
raphieMontella:
a lion that was killed by three nails?
i think you need brainnn transplanttt. Believe me when i say so.
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by babz007(m): 10:22pm On Nov 13, 2016
why the much ado about nothing? jesus has said it all
jesus said "As the father has sent me, so have i sent you" He was sent as the lion of the tribe of judah, which implies that every child of God is a spiritual lion (john 17:18/rev 5:5-6)
the devil is not a lion, he only roars like one, he is just a beast (1peter 5:8-9/rev 12:9/rev 20:1-3)
Although, a lion is king of the forest, yet no single lion can bring down a rhino or a buffalo or an elephant! A lion will require fellow lions to accomplish such a task. That shows how limited in power and strength a lion is while alone. This is why a lion is running a risk by going about alone!
In the same vein, it is a risk for a believer to go about the battles of life all alone; jesus the lion of the tribe of judah had other lions with him (disciples) to carry out Gods work
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by Amicable24: 12:06am On Nov 14, 2016
Mediator97:
1. REUBEN.
2. SIMEON.
3. JUDAH.
4. IS'SACHAR.
5. ZEB'ULUN.
6. DAN.
7. GAD.
8. BENJAMIN.
9. NAPHTALI.
10. ASHER.
11. EPHRAIM.
12. MANASSEH.

Because according to the generation of Jesus, it was stated thus:
Abraham begat Isaac,
Isaac begat Jacob,
Jacob begat Judah and his brethren,
Judah begat Pharez... (Continues)
Obed begat Jesse,
Jesse begat David,
David begat Solomon... (Continues)
Matthan begat Jacob,
Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ

Reference: Matthew Chapter 1.
Hope this answers your question..
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by doctorpromise(m): 12:39am On Nov 14, 2016
he was a descendant of Judah
Re: Why Is JESUS Called "Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah?" by alan333(m): 3:48am On Nov 14, 2016
(1)Note that Ephraim/Manasseh where the children of Joseph but later replace two of the twelve sons of Jacob.
(2)Judah was the 4th child and not 3rd as listed.
(3)it was the Holy Spirit of God that propell Jacob to prophecy Judah as a lion's whelp/lion/an old lion inform of euology because he knew the Savior/King of Isreal was going to be born through his lineage/tribe(b)Jacob also prophecy that the sceptre shall not depart from Judah,and sceptre in those days is like a king's staff which is also a symbol of a king's authority couple with the fact that Jacob has acknowleged Judah with two things,i.e.a lion/sceptre,therefore,Jacob knew that a kingdom/king was going to be raised by God through the seeds of Judah,don't forget Jacob had many encounter with God in dreams too,so he already had visions of his children/descendants even though there was no Biblical account of it but we can sense this facts when Jacob was about to die and then began to pronounce blessings upon his children in Genesis49vs3-27.
(4)JESUS CHRIST became the lion of the tribe of Judah because lion is the king of the jungle and his sceptre was the "sceptre of righteousness" and all the king's both before and after Christ's birth in Isreal all died and never rose but JESUS CHRIST broke all protocols by accomplishing and affirming the prophecy of Jacob on Judah at the time of his death(b)a lion is the king of the jungle,and the earth at large can be liken to a jungle,JESUS CHRIST also became the only sovereign King allover the jungle of planet earth who died,rose and ascended back to heavens physically and material wise,so,he broke all protocols of any ruler@lion@king that ever exist by ressurecting and became an Immortal King.

Understanding shall make us outstanding!

Shalom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jesus Loves You / Olumba Olumba Warns Trump "You Must Stop Provoking God" / Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.