Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

The Dictionary Of Acronyms is out!!! What do you think? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Dictionary Of Acronyms is out!!! What do you think? (789 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oxford Dictionary Of Quotes! / Where Do I Get Oxford Dictionary Of Quotes? / Where Do I Get Oxford Dictionary Of Quotes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Dictionary Of Acronyms is out!!! What do you think? by charony(m): 3:14pm On Nov 02, 2009
"We do language a disservice if we allow ourselves to be lulled, and stop thinkng about what words mean. Words matter. when we have rich stock of words then we can use them with ease to inform, persuade, entertain, advise, sell, educate, transact business, ask questions, establish relationship, express or influence emotions, in fact manipulate them at our disposal."--- B.A. Phythian.

Words are like paints,careful selection or combination of them will give a perfect outlook or appearance.Words are not just out there.They go with a lot of meanings.

Just like what Christ say in the bible (John 6:63) "For the words I speak unto you,they are spirits and they are life." This wonderful and inspiring book (The Dictionary of Acronyms) reveals the spirit behind and clearly explains every word. For instance MORNING says Move Or Rest Now Is Now Given. This means that Whenever a man wakes up in the morning the option or another oppourtunity is given to him for him to either move(continue with the struggles of life) or rest(relax) and when he rests,he is bound to fail but when he moves,he is bound to succeed. Other examples include TIME says Till I Make Effort, SUCCESS says Struggle Until Carefulness Controls Every Single Step. GIFT says God's Incentive For Today.

For more info on everyday inspiring words grab a copy of the book (The Dictionary Of Acronyms) or contact Harvester Charles on 08033877054 or harvestercharles@yahoo.com or bill2style@yahoo.com.

(1) (Reply)

There Is A Price To Be Paid For Being Gifted / Can U Luz A Job Bcus Of Luv? / Female Danfo driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.