Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Rccg Sunday School Manual(sun. 13/11/2016) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rccg Sunday School Manual(sun. 13/11/2016) (567 Views)

Rccg Sunday School Manual(sun. 15/10/2017) Be An Active Christian / Rccg Sunday School Students Manual(sun. 19/02/2017) / Rccg Sunday School Manual( Sun. 18/12/2016) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Sunday School Manual(sun. 13/11/2016) by 4reala(m): 8:56am On Nov 13, 2016
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL MANUAL -
2016/2017 EDITION
LESSON ELEVEN (11)
Sunday 13th November 2016
TOPIC: VICTORY OVER SIN
MEMORY VERSE:- "Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God."- Romans 6:13
BIBLE PASSAGE:- Romans 6:8-14
INTRODUCTION:-
After salvation, the deep cry of every heart should be for holiness, to be like Christ, to overcome sin and to live a blameless and holy life. Some Christians try to be holy and at times they do not succeed so they become discouraged. They become fearful of preaching holiness lest they be seen as preaching something they cannot practice. Some Christians have never even heard of the victorious life of holiness so they continue sinning and confessing from day to day. The Bible teaches glorious victory over sin for every believer. In 1John 5:4, John was not speaking about victory in Heaven but of victory on earth; daily victory over the world and the lusts therof.
LESSON OUTLINES:-
1. Claiming the promises of God
2. The choice to make
CLAIMING THE PROMISES OF GOD
Did God promise Victory over sin for believers? Yes, He asked us to be holy as He is holy (1Peter 1:15-16). He, however, added that without Him we can do nothing (John 15:5). That is, without His assistance we cannot live a holy and victorious life. Therefore, He decreed that sin shall not have dominion over us
(Romans 6:14), that we shall conquer sin through Him (Romans 8:37), for He will cause us to triumph always through Christ (2Corinthians 2:14).
When God promises anything, He will do it. I am to believe the following facts that are established in the word of God:
1. I died with Christ (Galatians 2:20). Death frees a man once and for all from the power and dominion of sin (Romans 6:7). A dead man cannot steal, fornicate, covet or commit any other sin.
2. I was buried with Him (Romans 6:4). All that is evil in me should remain permanently buried.
3. I rose with Christ (Romans 6:5). Christ rose with a glorified body, a body over which sin can have no power or dominion. Since i rose with Him, sin can no longer have dominion over me.
4. I now have power to live triumphantly with Him (Romans 6:cool.
THE CHOICE TO MAKE
As a Christian, I still have my own free will, I can choose or reject a life of Victory over sin. If I choose victory, I certainly may have it as a gift from the Lord. If it is true that i am dead to sin with Christ, then, there is only one thing for me to do and this is to yield myself to God (Romans 6:13). If I do this, then I can assume my new position by faith as someone who is "alive from the dead." It is no longer a question of fighting sin but a matter of yielding to a more powerful force, the power of the resurrected Christ. The Choice, however, is entirely mine to either yield to sin or to Christ (Romans 6:16). If I yield to Christ, I shall be free from the power of sin (Romans 6:18). If I yield to sin, I shall go down from iniquity to iniquity (Romans 6:19).
CONCLUSION:-
Probably you have tried to live victoriously before and you have failed. Your failure has not weakened Christ. Obey the commands of the Spirit as He directs you in your daily routine.
QUESTIONS
1. Is it possible to live a life of victory over sin? How?
2. Name two promises of God on the issue.

(1) (Reply)

Santa Claus University: School Where You Are Taught How To Be Santa Claus / Rev Father Martins Undergo Torture To Be Like Jesus / Focus On The Pure Waters & Olive Oil You Sell, Ipod Tell Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.