Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,936 members, 7,956,521 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:17 PM

Christians Help Me Answer This Question - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Help Me Answer This Question (1026 Views)

Christians Help Me / Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Help Me Answer This Question by mrvitalis(m): 9:11am On Nov 13, 2016
Reading through Matthew 24 the 12 flowers of jesus asked him of the signs that will happen before his glorious coming.. Then he gave the signs and as it got to vs 34

'' ' he said verily i say unto u this generation will not pass before this things come to pass ''

The generation has passed and he didn't come dose that mean he lied??
Re: Christians Help Me Answer This Question by DoctorAlien(m): 9:20am On Nov 13, 2016
mrvitalis:
Reading through Matthew 24 the 12 flowers of jesus asked him of the signs that will happen before his glorious coming.. Then he gave the signs and as it got to vs 34

'' ' he said verily i say unto u this generation will not pass before this things come to pass ''

The generation has passed and he didn't come dose that mean he lied??

It is bad enough to use incomplete words like "u" when writing, not to talk of quoting the Bible.

Anyway, Jesus carefully intertwined the events that will happen just before the end of the world with the ones to happen just before the destruction of Jerusalem. In essence, Jesus, in Matt. 24, accurately predicted what will happen just before the destruction of Jerusalem, but at the same time the prophecy contains events that will culminate in the end of the world.

That was the reason why He said that those things would be fulfilled before that generation passes away.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Help Me Answer This Question by mrvitalis(m): 9:32am On Nov 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:

It is bad enough to use incomplete words like "u" when writing, not to talk of quoting the Bible.

Anyway, Jesus carefully intertwined the events that will happen just before the end of the world with the ones to happen just before the destruction of Jerusalem. In essence, Jesus, in Matt. 24, accurately predicted what will happen just before the destructive on of Jerusalem, but at the same time the prophecy contains events that will culminate in the end of the world.

That was the reason why He said that those things would be fulfilled before that generation passes away.
No that's not true.. .. He was talking about the end of the world and asking the deciples to endure that some of them will even be alive when he comes... If u don't have an explanation say so but don't lie

This js what lead to my disbelief in yhe Bible

2 Likes

Re: Christians Help Me Answer This Question by DoctorAlien(m): 9:35am On Nov 13, 2016
mrvitalis:

No that's not true.. .. He was talking about the end of the world and asking the deciples to endure that some of them will even be alive when he comes... If u don't have an explanation say so but don't lie

This js what lead to my disbelief in yhe Bible

If I can prove to you that Jesus intertwined the events that will happen before the destruction of Jerusalem with those that will happen before the end of the world, will you start believing the Bible again?

1 Like

Re: Christians Help Me Answer This Question by mrvitalis(m): 9:50am On Nov 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:

If I can prove to you that Jesus intertwined the events that will happen before the destruction of Jerusalem with those that will happen before the end of the world, will you start believing the Bible again?
Yea
Re: Christians Help Me Answer This Question by DoctorAlien(m): 10:03am On Nov 13, 2016
mrvitalis:

Yea

In Matt. 24:2, Jesus explicitly said that the temple will be destroyed. In verse 3, His disciples open the question with "Tell us, when shall these things be?" Then they further ask "and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?"

The disciples thought that the destruction of Jerusalem must surely be a sign of the end of the world. They considered the magnificence of the temple(verse 1), and concluded that its destruction must be apocalyptic.

Jesus begins His answer with a rundown of events to take place before His second coming. He connects it with the events that will lead to the destruction of Jerusalem in verse 15. He advises those in Judaea to flee when they see these signs, for great destruction will follow them(verse 15-20).

He switches again to the events that will lead to the end of the world in verse 21. He specifically mentioned a tribulation that was to come, and some things to happen after it.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Help Me Answer This Question by DoctorAlien(m): 10:10am On Nov 13, 2016
Jesus told His disciples to flee Judaea as soon as they see the abomination of desolation standing in the Holy Place. Follow this link to find out what the abomination of desolation is.

Of course, we know that the temple in Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD, well before that generation could pass away(verse 34). And not a single Christian died in that massacre. They left Judaea immediately they saw the signs Jesus told them.

The tribulation which Jesus spoke about in verse 29, together with the signs to follow it, is another topic which I can't treat now.

Maybe later.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Help Me Answer This Question by mrvitalis(m): 10:53am On Nov 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:

In Matt. 24:2, Jesus explicitly said that the temple will be destroyed. In verse 3, His disciples open the question with "Tell us, when shall these things be?" Then they further ask "and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?"

The disciples thought that the destruction of Jerusalem must surely be a sign of the end of the world. They considered the magnificence of the temple(verse 1), and concluded that its destruction must be apocalyptic.

Jesus begins His answer with a rundown of events to take place before His second coming. He connects it with the events that will lead to the destruction of Jerusalem in verse 15. He advises those in Judaea to flee when they see these signs, for great destruction will follow them(verse 15-20).

He switches again to the events that will lead to the end of the world in verse 21. He specifically mentioned a tribulation that was to come, and some things to happen after it.
Was the temple destroyed in their generation??
Bro ur explanation is childish at best
Re: Christians Help Me Answer This Question by mrvitalis(m): 10:55am On Nov 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Jesus told His disciples to flee Judaea as soon as they see the abomination of desolation standing in the Holy Place. Follow this link to find out what the abomination of desolation is.

Of course, we know that the temple in Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD, well before that generation could pass away(verse 34). And not a single Christian died in that massacre. They left Judaea immediately they saw the signs Jesus told them.

The tribulation which Jesus spoke about in verse 29, together with the signs to follow it, is another topic which I can't treat now.

Maybe later.
Bro the vers 34 was about the end of the world and that's obvious... There is no way u can prove this... do i read chapter 24 at all??
Re: Christians Help Me Answer This Question by DoctorAlien(m): 11:09am On Nov 13, 2016
mrvitalis:

Bro the vers 34 was about the end of the world and that's obvious... There is no way u can prove this... do i read chapter 24 at all??

If that's what you think.

Bye.

1 Like

Re: Christians Help Me Answer This Question by mrvitalis(m): 11:10am On Nov 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:

If that's what you think.

Bye.
Lol sorry
Re: Christians Help Me Answer This Question by DoctorAlien(m): 11:10am On Nov 13, 2016
mrvitalis:

Was the temple destroyed in their generation??
Bro ur explanation is childish at best

And your question is ignorant.

Jesus was crucified in 31 AD. Stephen was stoned in 34 AD. 70 AD is well within that generation.

Bye.

1 Like

Re: Christians Help Me Answer This Question by mrvitalis(m): 11:12am On Nov 13, 2016
DoctorAlien:

And your question is ignorant.

Jesus was crucified in 31 AD. Stephen was stoned in 34 AD. 70 AD is well within that generation.

Bye.
lol

Seriously am happier as a realist... U see evidence and still believe what u want all in the name to prove religion. .. its foolishness

So what about the saying that says some of u will not see death before the son of man cometh again
Re: Christians Help Me Answer This Question by DoctorAlien(m): 11:20am On Nov 13, 2016
mrvitalis:
lol

Seriously am happier as a realist... U see evidence and still believe what u want all in the name to prove religion. .. its foolishness

So what about the saying that says some of u will not see death before the son of man cometh again

I see evidence of what?

The bolded above: is that how you realists add words to the Bible just to prove yourselves right?
Re: Christians Help Me Answer This Question by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 18, 2016
mrvitalis:
Lol sorry
so dis is why u created dis topic

(1) (Reply)

See What A Six Year Old Figured Out (must Read!) / Strange Unexplained Markings On My Body. / Why Do Atheists Always Desire Repentance And Jesus At The Point Of Their Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.