Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,488 members, 7,812,511 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

How Can Someone Know God Is Punishing Him/her? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can Someone Know God Is Punishing Him/her? (491 Views)

I Want To Know God / Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? / From Atheism To Christianity: How I Know God Exists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Someone Know God Is Punishing Him/her? by succyreal(m): 5:05pm On Nov 13, 2016
I really want to know how can a man know God is punishing him?

what are the signs?
what will be his/her experiences?
what will he/she do for God to have mercy?

pls answers should be backed with scripture and reasoning.

This thread is to help people realizes this flaws and also seek God's forgiveness in all areas
Re: How Can Someone Know God Is Punishing Him/her? by KILODE1000: 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2016
I wanted to open a thread on this. I have married two men and they left.
Re: How Can Someone Know God Is Punishing Him/her? by AfroMighty(m): 5:15pm On Nov 13, 2016
How you can know is when you left your Job for a new one and the third day of resumption, the CEO asked some workers to be sacked and you are one of them
Re: How Can Someone Know God Is Punishing Him/her? by Temitoppe(m): 5:19pm On Nov 13, 2016
you can also know when you posted something like this and it didn't get to smell FP grin
Re: How Can Someone Know God Is Punishing Him/her? by Greatzeus(m): 5:47pm On Nov 13, 2016
KILODE1000:
They left because of their choice,only you know what happened during the relationship, but I know God didn't influence their action. God doesn't punish people, at least not his children. You might suffer the consequences of your choices but its not God punishing you,that's a religious lie.
God is Good.

2 Likes

Re: How Can Someone Know God Is Punishing Him/her? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 13, 2016
The posters above lack wisdom and compassion. The OP is really suffering and these are what they have to say.

OP, please understand that God is also a father and He wants the best for His children iocluding yourself.

No reasonable would purnish His children by preventing them from getting married.

But if God, the one who sees the beginning from the end knows that those men would kill you later, He will do anything to stop you from marrying them.
As kids, when we crawled to touch fire, our parents stopped us even if we cried and didn't understand why (often times mistaking it for wickedness)
So it is with God, His ways are higher than our ways and we might not understand why He does some things.

Secondly, God can permit the devil in our life just to test our faithfulness. Don't be weary. Just remain faithful.

Thirdly, a family curse can prevent one from getting married. Check your family lineage if there others who had problems getting married. If yes, then seek deliverance.

GOOD LUCK.
Re: How Can Someone Know God Is Punishing Him/her? by Yoshy: 5:49pm On Nov 13, 2016
You will understand better if you change your perspective and begin to see what you may be experiencing as punishements to be Corrections. Every soul, come what may, its pure. But distortions in our spiritual view doesn't allow us to see this. However, when you experience these corrections, it may come in form of absense of inner peace, a sense that one is at lost and something is missing deep down. Others are ill health, ranchor amongst your family and friends, hard luck etc. At this point re-assessment is needed in ones life, it may take time but once you get there, you will know. NOTE: passing through corrections doesn't mean you are the worst sinner, but because it's necessary for your soul to develop, so you can connect to and experience the powerful source of energy and light(GOD). My 5 kobo shia.
Re: How Can Someone Know God Is Punishing Him/her? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 13, 2016
KILODE1000:

Check my post above. I hope that answers ur question.
Re: How Can Someone Know God Is Punishing Him/her? by KILODE1000: 5:51pm On Nov 13, 2016
Greatzeus:

They left because of their choice,only you know what happened during the relationship, but I know God didn't influence their action. God doesn't punish people, at least not his children. You might suffer the consequences of your choices but its not God punishing you,that's a religious lie.
God is Good.

Thanks
Re: How Can Someone Know God Is Punishing Him/her? by Greatzeus(m): 5:53pm On Nov 13, 2016
succyreal:
I really want to know how can a man know God is punishing him?

what are the signs?
what will be his/her experiences?
what will he/she do for God to have mercy?

pls answers should be backed with scripture and reasoning.

This thread is to help people realizes this flaws and also seek God's forgiveness in all areas

God is not punishing anybody anywhere. If you make a choice,bad or good,especially bad,and it backfires,as human one is tempted to think God is punishing him or her,its a religious lie.
For God to punish for something you did,he must have punished,is punishing,and must punish everyone who is doing such acts,or else he will be unjust and partial, and if he is unjust and partial he cannot be God. But God is God, and he is good.
Unless for those who are dead,they have no opportunity to repent again,so they have to face his wrath,just as he said Rev 21: 27

(1) (Reply)

. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(mon.05/12/2016) / The Thousand-year Reign Of Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.