Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,820 members, 7,956,088 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:30 AM

How Nigeria Vs Algeria Sparked MMM Trend - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Nigeria Vs Algeria Sparked MMM Trend (1204 Views)

Senegal Vs Algeria: AFCON Finals (0 - 1) Full Time / AFCON 2019: How Nigeria Defeated Cameroon In Pictures / 2018 World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria Vs Algeria - Who Is Your Man Of The March? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nigeria Vs Algeria Sparked MMM Trend by Originality007: 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2016
Super Eagles 3-1 win over Algeria in the World Cup qualifying match has sparked an “MMM” trend on twitter with over 6,000 tweets as at the time of this report.
MMM was derived from the names of the Nigerian goal scorers in the qualifier, Moses Mikel Moses (MMM)
However, the trend has gone beyond the football match to celebrate an online platform: Mavrodi Mundial Movement (MMM) which is gaining wide popularity among Nigerians.
The platform is said to yield 30% of donations made after 30 days and many Nigerians have embraced it in the wake of the economic recession and in the quest for financial freedom.
However, the platform has been classified by the CBN and SEC as a ponzi scheme that Nigerians should be wary of while the House of Representatives had ordered its investigation.
The trends following the football match however suggest that the call by the financial regulators as well as the lawmakers may have fallen on deaf ears.
Read some of the tweets below:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/nigeria-vs-algeria-sparked-mmm-trend/

Re: How Nigeria Vs Algeria Sparked MMM Trend by ayobami52(m): 5:23pm On Nov 13, 2016
MMM , I wish the scheme continues and let's FG leave us with our cross
Re: How Nigeria Vs Algeria Sparked MMM Trend by meezynetwork(m): 5:30pm On Nov 13, 2016
MMM, I pray it doesn't end so if not so many Nigerians will cry while some will laugh.
Re: How Nigeria Vs Algeria Sparked MMM Trend by candycrushsoda: 5:32pm On Nov 13, 2016
ayobami52:
MMM , I wish the scheme continues and let's FG leave us with our cross

I tire oh. A friend GH'd and has been matched 3ce cos they refused to pay up
Re: How Nigeria Vs Algeria Sparked MMM Trend by Heffalump(m): 5:34pm On Nov 13, 2016
It's a coincidence.
Abeg this government should chill jo let people enjoy their mmm as it's the only hope for the common man for now. sad
But come o, do you know a lot of banks are making money via cash transfers from mmm? I see this scheme living beyond 2017.
Re: How Nigeria Vs Algeria Sparked MMM Trend by candycrushsoda: 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2016
Heffalump:
It's a coincidence.
Abeg this government should chill jo let people enjoy their mmm as it's the only hope for the common man for now. sad
But come o, do you know a lot of banks are making money via cash transfers from mmm? I see this scheme living beyond 2017.

Yes na. That's why they are declaring profits left, right & centre. That's 105 X number of transfers each day. How about telecoms too cos we need data to operate

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Vs Algeria Sparked MMM Trend by yhemsy62(m): 5:51pm On Nov 13, 2016
candycrushsoda:

Yes na. That's why they are declaring profits left, right & centre. That's 105 X number of transfers each day. How about telecoms too cos we need data to operate
Not only data subscription but call credit to make calls to some of our dls so they will be aware they've been matched, so they can make their payment in time
Re: How Nigeria Vs Algeria Sparked MMM Trend by candycrushsoda: 6:22pm On Nov 13, 2016
yhemsy62:
Not only data subscription but call credit to make calls to some of our dls so they will be aware they've been matched, so they can make their payment in time

Exactly!!!

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Vs Algeria Sparked MMM Trend by ndubueze92(m): 9:28pm On Dec 26, 2016
meezynetwork:
MMM, I pray it doesn't end so if not so many Nigerians will cry while some will laugh.
please make e no end oo ... I still want to do it...

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Top World Cup Referee Who Became A Drug Trafficker / Neymar Hits Out At Barcelona Board : “there Are Directors That Shouldn’t Be Thr / Three Players Associated With The Conte-luiz “bust-up”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.