Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

What Should I Do? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Should I Do? (748 Views)

6-Year Degree Program Or Professional Courses, Which Should I Go For? / Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? / Should I Drop Out Of School And Concentrate On Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do? by ewa20buredi100: 7:29pm On Nov 13, 2016
i just clocked 27years of age last week Friday. I have a BSc in Industrial Chemistry (second class lower) though it wasn't the course i intended to study.

I never really liked Chemistry, so I want to go for an upgrade to MSc in Chemical Engineering.

The problem is that if i am to go for Chemical engineering, i would first have to do a PgD and thereafter a Masters, but by then i would be in my 30s (owing to the Nigeria Education system). Imagine a 30-something MSc in Chemical Engineering holder with no relevant experience.

On a second thought i could just go directly for a masters in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and save time.

But i don't like Chemistry that much as to go for MSc in pharmaceutical chemistry. I sincerely desire a career path in Engineering.

Please what should i do?
Thank you.
Re: What Should I Do? by DTOBS(m): 7:33pm On Nov 13, 2016
Follow your heart...
Re: What Should I Do? by Emmaesty(f): 1:18am On Nov 14, 2016
Hmmmmm, Have you thought about professional certifications?
Re: What Should I Do? by ewa20buredi100: 11:33am On Nov 14, 2016
Emmaesty:
Hmmmmm, Have you thought about professional certifications?

professional certification in what and what please?

And how will professional certification help?
Re: What Should I Do? by Emmaesty(f): 12:14pm On Nov 14, 2016
ewa20buredi100:

professional certification in what and what please?

And how will professional certification help?
I'm not a fan of M.sc and I am of the opinion that professional certifications will boost your career more than an M.sc. You can Google on some relevant certifications to your career path
Re: What Should I Do? by ewa20buredi100: 12:24pm On Nov 14, 2016
Emmaesty:
I'm not a fan of M.sc and I am of the opinion that professional certifications will boost your career more than an M.sc. You can Google on some relevant certifications to your career path
Thank you.

Is it in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering (the course i want to switch to)?
Re: What Should I Do? by ewa20buredi100: 12:25pm On Nov 14, 2016
DTOBS:
Follow your heart...
Follow my heart?
But there is a way that seemeth right unto a man, the end therefore.............
Re: What Should I Do? by DTOBS(m): 12:28pm On Nov 14, 2016
ewa20buredi100:

Follow my heart?

But there is a way that seemeth right unto a man, the end therefore.............
Exactly... This is telling you that this is not the best place for you to seek such advice..
Pray
Talk to a counselor
Talk to your mentor (if you have one)
Re: What Should I Do? by Emmaesty(f): 12:30pm On Nov 14, 2016
ewa20buredi100:

Thank you.

Is it in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering (the course i want to switch to)?
In Chemical engineering.
Re: What Should I Do? by ewa20buredi100: 2:01pm On Nov 14, 2016
DTOBS:

Exactly... This is telling you that this is not the best place for you to seek such advice..
Pray
Talk to a counselor
Talk to your mentor (if you have one)

Thanks a lot Bro.
But i don't have a mentor like that neither do i have someone to counsel me career wise.

That is why i am using this platform to seek counsel from men and women of experience.

(1) (Reply)

7 Time Wasters To Eliminate In Your Life / Thought Provoking Lessons From Jack Ma's Failures, Now The Richest Man In China / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.