Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

What Kind Of Wicked Yoruba Culture Is This? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Kind Of Wicked Yoruba Culture Is This? (2031 Views)

Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) / Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture / Brazilian Tourists Vow To Promote Yoruba Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of Wicked Yoruba Culture Is This? by jbcul4ril(m): 9:13pm On Nov 13, 2016
You mean we still do this in this 21st century?
This is wickedness from the pit of hell disguised as tradition of the age.
This is unacceptable.
Is tribal marks still relevant in our days?

Re: What Kind Of Wicked Yoruba Culture Is This? by talktonase(m): 9:15pm On Nov 13, 2016
That's the reason why they refer to us as a 3rd world country.I agree with trump we need to be recolinized! undecided
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Yoruba Culture Is This? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 13, 2016
omo this one fight lion shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

fine baby like this....buhari sef embarassed
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Yoruba Culture Is This? by DaddySLY(m): 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2016
holly shiit... tis mark go reach the boy soul o shocked
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Yoruba Culture Is This? by Greatzeus(m): 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2016
jbcul4ril:
You mean we still do this in this 21st century?
This is wickedness from the pit of hell disguised as tradition of the age.
This is unacceptable.
Is tribal marks still relevant in our days?
The so called tribal marks started from the middle of the head, I have never seen a Yoruba person with such tribal marks before. You could tell where a person hails from ,from tribal marks but this one does not correlate with any tribal marks I have seen before.

4 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Wicked Yoruba Culture Is This? by micfoley: 10:15pm On Nov 13, 2016
Africa my Africa
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Yoruba Culture Is This? by ImperialYoruba: 12:15am On Nov 14, 2016
Greatzeus:

The so called tribal marks started from the middle of the head, I have never seen a Yoruba person with such tribal marks before. You could tell where a person hails from ,from tribal marks but this one does not correlate with any tribal marks I have seen before.

This mark is from the Northern region of Benin and amongst the Atacora people. Here is a picture of an adult with exact same mark as that baby. You notice it goes up to his skull, though faded a little, but is visible.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Wicked Yoruba Culture Is This? by fakati(m): 8:56pm On Nov 14, 2016
This is not Yoruba's tribal mark.

4 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Wicked Yoruba Culture Is This? by lepasharon(f): 11:34pm On Nov 14, 2016
Why do some Igbos act like they don't have tribal marks aswell, even ghanians have tribal marks too.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Wicked Yoruba Culture Is This? by OlaoChi: 9:33pm On Nov 15, 2016
the op thinks only yorubas have tribal marks

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Wicked Yoruba Culture Is This? by babyfaceafrica: 10:49pm On Nov 15, 2016
The OP is not well...so its only Yoruba that have marks abi..bigot!!!!..nansense

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Wicked Yoruba Culture Is This? by Kfed4ril(m): 8:06pm On Nov 18, 2016
lepasharon:
Why do some Igbos act like they don't have tribal marks aswell, even ghanians have tribal marks too.

How many igbos with tribal marks have you seen?
And ain't as bad as Yoruba. Just a slight mark besides the eyes.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Wicked Yoruba Culture Is This? by lepasharon(f): 9:54pm On Nov 18, 2016
Kfed4ril:

How many igbos with tribal marks have you seen?
And ain't as bad as Yoruba. Just a slight mark besides the eyes.

Quite a few actually undecided, the point is they have tribal marks too.

Oh they baby up there isn't yoruba btw
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Yoruba Culture Is This? by adeboizy11(m): 12:20am On Nov 19, 2016
Greatzeus:

IBADAN.
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Yoruba Culture Is This? by neduedu(m): 9:32pm On Nov 19, 2016
just imagine d kind of pains that child will go thro and d cry alone na something else
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Yoruba Culture Is This? by zhiiee(f): 6:51pm On Nov 21, 2016
Time heals all except for a Yoruba tribal mark

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Soap For Breakthrough & Freedom From Bondage ( Ose Atude) / Our Cultural Heritage:abiriba Obina Dance Repackaged / Ancient Isreal Spoke Igbo, The First Language On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.