Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

4 Delicious Salad Recipes To Spice Up Your Next Owanbeparries - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 4 Delicious Salad Recipes To Spice Up Your Next Owanbeparries (1919 Views)

How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup / World Jollof Day 2018: Three Fun Recipes To Try / 4 Delicious Soups To Relish When In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Delicious Salad Recipes To Spice Up Your Next Owanbeparries by OwanbeAdmin: 9:55am On Nov 14, 2016
I remember some time ago, I only knew that there were two kinds of salad; the fruit salad and the vegetable salad. I also only knew that there was only one way each to make salad with the same ingredients.

Well, as I got to attend owanbeparries and also make use of the internet, I discovered that there were too many ways to make salad and make it mouth-watering.

Today, I will be giving you four (4) different salad recipes that would be beneficial. Hope you thank me later!

Salad Recipes
#1 Apple Chicken Salad
Ingredients:
* 6 Cooked chicken
* ½ Chopped apple
* ¼ Celery stalk
* 2½ Raisins
* 1 Your favorite dressing or Italian
* 2 Brown sugar
* Nuts (sprinkled)

How To Make It:
* Simply stir the chicken, apple, celery and raisins together in a bowl.
* In another bowl, whisk the dressing and the brown sugar together till paste. Pour the chicken mixture into the small bowl.
* Coat the chicken with the paste.
* Then serve with lettuce leaves and nuts.

#2 Tomato Chickpea Salad
Ingredients:
* 1 ½ Chickpeas
* 1 Fresh parsley
* 5 Diced tomatoes
* 1½ Chopped cucumber
* 5 Sliced green onions
* ½ Cubed Swiss cheese

Dressing:
* ¼ Olive oil
* 2 white wine vinegar
* ½ crushed garlic
* ½ salt
* ½ dry mustard
* ½ ground pepper
* 1 ½ cayenne pepper

How To Make It:
* Add chickpeas, parsley, tomatoes, cucumber, onions and cheese together in a large bowl.
* Whisk the dressing together.
* Add the dressing into the bowl of chickpeas.
* Cover and put into the refrigerator to cool.

#3 Chicken And Mango Salad
Ingredients:
* Chopped cooked chicken
* Peeled and chopped mangoes
* Cherry tomatoes
* Chopped green bell pepper
* Sliced green onions
* Chopped celery stalks
* Sprouts
* Apples

Dressing:
* Plain non-fat yogurt
* Raspberry vinegar
* Lemon juice
* Sugar
* Sliced and garnished strawberry

How To Make It:
* Put the salad ingredients in a bowl and mix.
* Mix the dressing ingredients in another bowl.
* Refrigerate for about 2-3 hours.
* Serve garnished with strawberries, radishes and almonds.

#4 Watermelon, Tomato And Cheese Salad
Ingredients:
* 2 Cubed Seedless watermelon
* 2 Cherry tomatoes
* 1 Goat cheese
* ¼ Minced scallion
* Salt

Dressing:
* 1 Extra virgin olive oil
* 2 Sherry wine vinegar
* 1 ½ Cayenne
* 1 Roughly chopped parsley

How To Make It:
* Mix watermelon, tomato, cheese, scallions and salt into a bowl.
* Add 2 teaspoons of watermelon juice, virgin olive oil, vinegar and cayenne.
* Toss them into the salad.
* Garnish with parsley.

So, spice up your owanbeparries with these delicious salads. Thank me later!

Source: http://owanbeparries.com/2016/11/12/4-delicious-salad-recipes-owanbeparries/

1 Like

Re: 4 Delicious Salad Recipes To Spice Up Your Next Owanbeparries by RichardMilner(m): 4:23pm On Mar 05, 2019
Greek Salad Ingredients
1. Roma Tomatoes (grape tomatoes are delicious too)
2. Cucumbers
3. Red Onion
4. Bell Pepper
5. Kalamata or Black Olives
6. Avocado
7. Feta Cheese
I love that this Greek Salad Dressing calls for ingredients that you likely keep on hand. It’s just some olive oil, fresh lemon, red wine vinegar, garlic and herbs, plus a hint of honey to balance the tartness and act as an emulsifier and bind the dressing a little.
It’s made of simple ingredients yet it packs a flavorful punch! This dressing also goes great on a lettuce based salad as well or toss it over a pasta salad.
This salad is a perfect side dish any time of year. Serve it with a side of soup or roasted chicken in the winter then in the summer serve it with grilled chicken and orzo or chicken salad pita. It’s likely to become a go-to!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Doing Their Cooking In Sambisa / What To Do When You Over-salt Soup, Burn Rice, Stew And Others / How Can I Begin Learning How To Cook?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.